PDA

View Full Version : Operation New Hampshire Update!

skiingff
08-19-2007, 07:49 PM
An Update on Operation New Hampshire!

Getting a few different ads in the proper format for TV is my goal. We don't need to put all of our eggs in one basket.

Therefore, the professional TV ad contest is separate from the YouTube ad contest. So far, I've received a warm response from YouTube makers of Ron Paul ads about our YouTube Ad contest. The following YouTubers are trying to turn their YouTube videos into professional, 30 or 60 second TV ads, formatted for TV:

sonsoflibertygroup, the maker of the Ronald Reagan Ron Paul ad ("2008 Election: Fought in 1964"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s06YhQyv3w

PROTECTMAN1138, the maker of the "Don't Vote for Ron Paul" grim reaper ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-QR88yfOE

VegasPatriot, the maker of the "Ron Paul: America's Hero" Iraq war ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcmJ8v9ZwC0

nomanyes, the maker of the Ron Paul ad featuring the U.S. Constitution and how this current administration is trampling all over it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-uQlrz1Tzg

I'm still awaiting a response from Avaroth and others, and I still need to contact a lot more people to get as wide a variety as possible. If we could get some of these YouTube ads formatted properly for TV, it would be great -- and also FREE!!! Some of them are actually pretty damn good and not amateur at all, and we would make HISTORY with the first TV / political TV ad based on a YouTube vid!!! What a great way to show the country how progressive and high-speed this campaign is.

Remember, despite the naysayers, the main goal here is to get a quality RP ad on the air as soon as possible. The longer we wait, the less an impact any of our ads will have. We need to get them on TV before people become brainwashed, make a firm decision on who they're voting for in the primary, etc. We need to get Ron Paul name recognition before it's too late!!! Many candidates are already running TV ads in certain states... let's not let them get an advantage on us!!!

Also, please, if you haven't signed the pledge, sign it! The link is at the bottom of this message. No need to contribute now, just PLEDGE to contribute so I know who's game.

And I could ALWAYS use help. In fact, I need a bunch of it right now...

- Brandon

rinkuhero
08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm a friend of the person who made the PROTECTMAN video -- the actors in the video are also online friends of mine. He actually agreed to make it in exchange for one dollar (which I paid him).

Anyway, I just signed the pledge, I hope it gets on the air.

slantedview
08-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow, I'd not seen that Reagan speech before. Amazing parallel between then and now, and Dr. Paul's campaign. Unfortunately, 2 minutes is much too long, but I really like that ad.

I also REALLY like the America's Hero ad. It received my vote, since it's an emotional ad, which will probably perform better on a wide audience than the intellectual Reagan ad.

0zzy
08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't understand. Why would you pay for a youtube video as a advertisement for TV?

Badger Paul
08-20-2007, 09:09 AM
I really liked the Constitution Ad. Short and sweet and to the point. Very Direct. The America's Hero Ad was good too.

The Reagan Ad has good potential but it needs to be reworked. I hated that piano music in the background. It was more suited for You Tube than regular television.

I couldn't watch the grim reaper ad for very long

0zzy
08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I really liked the Constitution Ad. Short and sweet and to the point. Very Direct. The America's Hero Ad was good too.

The Reagan Ad has good potential but it needs to be reworked. I hated that piano music in the background. It was more suited for You Tube than regular television.

I couldn't watch the grim reaper ad for very long

You kidding me? It was 28 seconds.

skiingff
08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
We need to have backups, and many of these YouTubers are actually not amateurs at all. YouTube ads could be made for free. Since it's free, there's no loss in having these Ron Paul supporters format them for us and see how they turn out. The Reagan one would be cut in half to 1 minute. If they turn out better than they started, and would be quality for TV, we may have something to consider. It's just that I find it hard to not build bridges and not be open to as many ideas as possible. I want to be open and build bridges. I know the experience some of these YouTubers have is pretty extensive. So we need to keep options on the table here and give these guys a chance to prove what they can do. They might turn out great. Also, as I said, the media over the YouTube debates would possibly apply to us and RP. If the first YouTube debate got so much media coverage, then perhaps a commercial based on a YouTube video would get tons of coverage as well. We'd make history.

Badger Paul
08-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I only watched for 10 seconds and most people watching it would change the channel in about that time as well.

angelatc
08-20-2007, 09:42 AM
You're going to have Viacom crawling down you ASAP if you use the Jon Stweart clip. If you use anything that isn't original material, you really need to be sure that the clips are all public domain. All it will take is one injunction, and the stations will pull them. It will take years of expensive court battles to prove "Fair Use" and by then the election will be long gone.

That's why I voted for #4. I love # 2 but it's too avant garde for mainstream America Ithink. If you were showing it on closed circuit campus screens though...

skiingff
08-20-2007, 09:49 AM
You're going to have Viacom crawling down you ASAP if you use the Jon Stweart clip. If you use anything that isn't original material, you really need to be sure that the clips are all public domain. All it will take is one injunction, and the stations will pull them. It will take years of expensive court battles to prove "Fair Use" and by then the election will be long gone.

That's why I voted for #4. I love # 2 but it's too avant garde for mainstream America Ithink. If you were showing it on closed circuit campus screens though...

We are looking into obtaining written permission as I speak

0zzy
08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't think these will be well-taken via TV. It's all amateur to me. sorry.

LibertyEagle
08-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I like using part of Reagan's speech as a backdrop, but the one used, while good as a YouTube video, needs a lot of reworking before it could be used as a TV ad. But. before I could recommend it, I would like to know how Reagan is viewed in the state(s) we plan to target for this ad. In some highly Republican states, he is seen as an icon. In others, not so good at all.

Is this effort targeted at New Hampshire solely?

You didn't list it above, but I also liked that ad about Reagan's medal and Paul.

maiki
08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I like the RR one, but I need to see how it would be cut down to a minute or 30 sec. (30 sec would be far superior). Next I like #3, pending Viacom approval.

2 is too avant garde. Also, people not paying attention can get the wrong message since it is a backward ad. Most people don't pay that much attention to ads. Also, anyone watching them in Mute, or fast forwarding would miss the audio, and the video sends a very, very wrong impression.

4 lacks professionalism, but is a good message. Use consistent fonts, and don't just paste the RP logo at the end, on a black background. Either use a white background, and place it nicely centered (instead of overstretching it), or type it out again for a black background.

wgadget
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I like the Don't Vote for Paul ad, but I don't think I would use that title anywhere in the ad itself. I don't think it is ready for prime time, but it would be GREAT for late night...Just my opinion.

I voted for the Constitution ad and here's why: The computer I'm on right now has no audio, and that ad has enough text in it that one doesn't need to hear it. The message is clear and to the point, just like Dr. Paul.

SWATH
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
The grim reaper one would be great for comedy central.

FrenchCanadian
08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXRnM55o6Ew

This should be your advertisement. It shows how much thinking there's behind every choice he makes. Its the one that moved me the most... with the one's from Avaroth also but they are too long for advertisement.

Stop Dreaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Dont tread on me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8

When in the course of human events...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

DeadheadForPaul
08-20-2007, 01:15 PM
I dont think any of those ads are suited for the general population. I love all of them but I don't think Joe and Jane Shmoe would "get" it

The Ronald Reagan one would probably be good if you removed the more extreme images (Nazi's and Bush wearing a Crown)

happyphilter
08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
sorry cant say i like any of em