PDA

View Full Version : Epic event as the Texas Williamson county convention

robertwerden
03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I have to hand it to the great coordinators.

We got the entire package of resolutions past due to some slick plays on the neocons.

First I can tell you for certain that there were well over 200 Ron Paul supporters there. I don't know how many of us applied to be delegates at State Convention, but I can tell you I know one of the people on the nominations committee because both our daughters go to the same school. He told us that out of the 250 something people who applied to go only 5 were denied.

My wife and I are both going to the State convention thanks to him remembering our names.

Back to the way we got our resolutions passed. Your going to love this.

One of our coordinators identified him self early on as someone who will call a roll call vote and want to debate every single little thing. It got to the point that everyone in the crowd of 500 plus gasped every time he took the floor. We didnt even get to the Resolutions until 30 min after the convention was scheduled to end because of the constant interuptions by Ron Paul supporters. Everyone wanted to go home and were tired.

Here is where the magic happened. This person who the crowd was growing to hate stepped up and requested we go through every single one of the 24 resolutions. He even went as far as to request that the wording in one of the resolution be altered slightly. You would think that with the track record of being only 41% power by the Ron Paul supporters this would be suicide to all our resolutions.

However since everyone who basically just wanted to go home was getting sick of the constant interuptions, someone else stepped up and moved to pass the entire package of resolutions in one vote.

The vote happened and the entire package passed.

All the good stuff was in the package like abolish the FED, DOE, DED, 1955, patriot act, TTC, right to life, 2nd amend etc etc.

I was amazed.

The best part is we got tons of delegates elected to State. It is possible we got 150 or more.

MozoVote
03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win!

wsc321
03-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh... so THAT's what was going on! I was there too, and I read through the whole resolution package... As soon as I saw the resolutions to abolish the FED, the Dept of Education... restrictions on the Patriot Act (well worded) opposition to the Homegrown Terror/Radicalization act, etc, etc... I thought that simply voting for the whole pass in one go was the right play because if we got down to debating, say... abolishing the FED, I figured plenty of folks would get nervous. ;)

So I was really glad that it passed, though I was out of the loop on the "strategery" that was in play.

The guy you're referring to was in my district... he did a great job!

Jeremy
03-29-2008, 04:38 PM
wow =o

goldstandard
03-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaha!:D

szczebrzeszyn
03-29-2008, 04:47 PM
LOL, well done! :D

mavtek
03-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Today we had 22 RP supporters attend my district convention. We got Abolishing the Fed passed, Abolishing the TTC passed, opposition to Heller vs 2nd amendment, opposition to eminent domain, opposition to the NAU, and opposition to NAFTA, CAFTA, UN!

We used the same method :) Couldn't get Real ID, Iraq war, or Patriot Act through committee. We really concentrated on the state delegates more than resolutions, that's what counts. Of 22 supporters we go 15 sent to state. Not bad overall.

goldstandard
03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Today we had 22 RP supporters attend my district convention. We got Abolishing the Fed passed, Abolishing the TTC passed, opposition to Heller vs 2nd amendment, opposition to eminent domain, opposition to the NAU, and opposition to NAFTA, CAFTA, UN!

We used the same method Couldn't get Real ID, Iraq war, or Patriot Act through committee. We really concentrated on the state delegates more than resolutions, that's what counts. Of 22 supporters we go 15 sent to state. Not bad overall.

Very very good.
High five!
http://blog.theavclub.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/borat-high-five.jpg

Banana
03-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Sock it to 'em!

Chibioz
03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Awesome! Nice job Texans!

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaha!:D

I second that evil laugh!

goldstandard
03-29-2008, 05:37 PM
MUST READ (Texas Conventions):
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/03/29/local-texas-convention-stories/#comments

amy31416
03-29-2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.christianfinnegan.com/fonzie.jpg

syborius
03-29-2008, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=

All the good stuff was in the package like abolish the FED, DOE, DED, 1955, patriot act, TTC, right to life, 2nd amend etc etc.

I was amazed.

The best part is we got tons of delegates elected to State. It is possible we got 150 or more.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! :D hahahahaa woooohooooooo. Texas is kicking butt

constitutional
03-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Awesome job, pwned those neocons :)

http://www.q-bo.com/Images/DumbBush3.jpg

libertythor
03-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Great job!

TruthAtLast
03-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Here is where the magic happened. This person who the crowd was growing to hate stepped up and requested we go through every single one of the 24 resolutions. He even went as far as to request that the wording in one of the resolution be altered slightly.

This is what you call, taking one for the team. haha I love the good cop / bad cop strategy. :D

nc4rp
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
http://nc4ronpaul.wncpc.com/superman_ronpaul.jpg

torchbearer
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!!
The founding fathers would be proud of the refounding fathers. :)

itshappening
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Love hearing stories like this, thank you Robert!!!

Dustancostine
03-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Great Job. Once again I am so proud.

--Dustan

puppetmaster
03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Remember the "resolutions" do not matter other than make ourselves feel better!....They are not followed by the party nor do they get our delegates to the State or National convention.
It should ONLY be about delegates, period.
Do not get distracted by the resolutions they serve no purpose other than to indicate RP delegates and create resistance in moving our delegates forward in the process.
We have to choose our battles carefully and get our delegates to the front line!

Suzu
03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win!
In between "They fight you" and "You win":
They get tired of fighting you! Because you outnumber them, and you never back down!!

Banana
03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
puppetmaster, I could be wrong, but I understood that in order to consider a resolution at a state convention, it had to be first passed by so many counties/districts/whatever.

Yes, they are not our primary goal, but a necessary step in reforming the party, I'd think.

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Remember the "resolutions" do not matter other than make ourselves feel better!....They are not followed by the party nor do they get our delegates to the State or National convention.
It should ONLY be about delegates, period.
Do not get distracted by the resolutions they serve no purpose other than to indicate RP delegates and create resistance in moving our delegates forward in the process.
We have to choose our battles carefully and get our delegates to the front line!

B.S. -- Those resolutions are red-white-blue-blooded Republicans finally sticking it to the neo-conservative republicans, and it's like 200 volts to the dome, a wake-up call.

No fucking surrender.

puppetmaster
03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
The only way to reform the party is to fill it with like minded people. It is easier to replace these neocons than to convert them by changing words on a piece of paper. We must execute this one priority without fail, and that is get delegates to National....

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry, but I follow Samuel Adams on this one. At some point, we need to draw a line in the sand.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. ---- Samuel Adams

puppetmaster
03-29-2008, 09:04 PM
B.S. -- Those resolutions are red-white-blue-blooded Republicans finally sticking it to the neo-conservative republicans, and it's like 200 volts to the dome, a wake-up call.

No fucking surrender.

They are self serving resolutions and have no effect on the neocons. I promise you that!

Even though you may agree with every one of the resolutions you must
ask yourselves...how does this get Ron Paul elected.....every time you open your mouth.

and yes NEVER SURRENDER;)

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 09:06 PM
They are self serving resolutions and have no effect on the neocons. I promise you that!

ask yourselves...how does this get Ron Paul elected.....every time you open your mouth.

You don't get it. Look how many new people are now involved in the Freedom movement.

Every second you spend trying to poo-poo their efforts of making resolutions, I'll quadruple my efforts to keep them in the fight to do everything they can to restore our Republic.

God bless every single supporter who showed up, spent the entire time their, and got any measure of progress back toward true Republicanism.

puppetmaster
03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry, but I follow Samuel Adams on this one. At some point, we need to draw a line in the sand.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. ---- Samuel Adams

Exactly why we need to get our delegates to National....think about it:rolleyes:

Our delegates are the tireless minority in the general population, and can be the majority at the main event....setting fires and taking names!

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Exactly why we need to get our delegates to National....think about it:rolleyes:

Our delegates are the tireless minority in the general population, and can be the majority at the main event....setting fires and taking names!

I'm not proposing a majority at the National Convention, I am just trying to make sure that people don't shit on the efforts of people making inroads in OUR party (I won't say republican...as it is hi-jacked and we are taking it back).

So for at least tonight, puppetmaster, can you try and support those who come on here and report successes, no matter how big or small they are to you?

Surely you're a Ron Paul supporter and support any effort that our folks are making.

puppetmaster
03-29-2008, 09:16 PM
You don't get it. Look how many new people are now involved in the Freedom movement.

Every second you spend trying to poo-poo their efforts of making resolutions, I'll quadruple my efforts to keep them in the fight to do everything they can to restore our Republic.

God bless every single supporter who showed up, spent the entire time their, and got any measure of progress back toward true Republicanism.

BTW I am not poo-poo?ing anyone's efforts. I am only prioritizing and thinking of the big picture.

You do what you feel is necessary and I will see you at the national convention...?

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 09:19 PM
BTW I am not poo-poo?ing anyone's efforts. I am only prioritizing and thinking of the big picture.

You do what you feel is necessary and I will see you at the national convention...?

You will see me. I already bought a press box (on the DL) and will be out with the massive sea of supporters before hand.

Where are you staying?

puppetmaster
03-29-2008, 09:22 PM
You will see me. I already bought a press box (on the DL) and will be out with the massive sea of supporters before hand.

Where are you staying?

I will not know for sure that I will be a state delegate until April 26th....

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I will not know for sure that I will be a state delegate until April 26th....

Well until then, why not be a positive voice to the good americans who braved the process typically barred-off from us average joes by red-tape, and tried their best to make change to right the wrongs of our political system.

Why not applaud their efforts?

Damn it I am proud of my brothers and sisters across these states.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 09:35 PM

We got the entire package of resolutions past due to some slick plays on the neocons.

First I can tell you for certain that there were well over 200 Ron Paul supporters there. I don't know how many of us applied to be delegates at State Convention, but I can tell you I know one of the people on the nominations committee because both our daughters go to the same school. He told us that out of the 250 something people who applied to go only 5 were denied.

My wife and I are both going to the State convention thanks to him remembering our names.

One of our coordinators identified him self early on as someone who will call a roll call vote and want to debate every single little thing. It got to the point that everyone in the crowd of 500 plus gasped every time he took the floor. We didnt even get to the Resolutions until 30 min after the convention was scheduled to end because of the constant interuptions by Ron Paul supporters. Everyone wanted to go home and were tired.

Here is where the magic happened. This person who the crowd was growing to hate stepped up and requested we go through every single one of the 24 resolutions. He even went as far as to request that the wording in one of the resolution be altered slightly. You would think that with the track record of being only 41% power by the Ron Paul supporters this would be suicide to all our resolutions.

However since everyone who basically just wanted to go home was getting sick of the constant interuptions, someone else stepped up and moved to pass the entire package of resolutions in one vote.

I was amazed.

The best part is we got tons of delegates elected to State. It is possible we got 150 or more.

We passed similar resolutions like the ones you listed above. We had the same issue with people cherry picking resolutions from the permanent committee and wanted to amend this or add something that was taking out of the temporary committees resolution. I mean no joke we started this resolution thing with a 30 minute debate on whether to add back an honor for the Boy Scouts! So then people wanted to add the Girl Scouts and on and on. It was ridiculous. We finally got down to the reason why this guy wanted it back in and it was because they are fighting against homosexuals! Motion denied. Finally someone said a motion to adjourn with a vote for the resolution and we finally went home at 7pm.

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
It seems like we will have a good number of RP delegates at state. This is amazing!

CurtisLow
03-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Way to go! hoot!!!! Congrats on a job well done!

driller80545
03-29-2008, 10:45 PM
I thought it was colonel Travis that drew the line in the sand?

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I thought it was colonel Travis that drew the line in the sand?

Travis county took over SD-25 and had some victories in SD-14 so we dug a trench if you were to ask the people we sent home packing. :p

devil21
03-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Great news from Texas today! I imagine this was repeated all over the state. Take note of the Missouri issues so yall know what to look out for.

Join The Paul Side
03-30-2008, 01:04 AM

I was amazed.

This is how we fight a nonviolet revolution! Good work! The world is going to be shocked come September. :D

Conza88
03-30-2008, 08:23 AM

OH my god... :D

WINNER! !!! :D

voytechs
03-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Thats priceless!

d03boy
03-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I must stress the importance of discussing the resolutions. The best reason for taking the time to go through them all during the conventions is to sway people to vote for our side and join us. We need support. If we elect Ron Paul but nobody understands why then we have already lost.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-30-2008, 09:46 AM

You are wrong. They are resolutions that cover topics that many of the non-RP supporters had never really thought of before. For the first time in a long time some of the brainwashed Republican acitivists are thinking about things they never knew to think about before.

ronpaulbillboards
03-30-2008, 10:17 AM
You are wrong. They are resolutions that cover topics that many of the non-RP supporters had never really thought of before. For the first time in a long time some of the brainwashed Republican acitivists are thinking about things they never knew to think about before.

You're right Dirk, we were all in agreement at SD-25 about TTC, abolish Fed Reserve\return to Gold standard, Abolish IRS, Immigration, Civil Liberties and the Patriot Act, Foreign entanglements,2nd amendment,National ID card and etc.. The only issues were with the Legacy groups and religious right about anything to do with Abortion. With Ron Paul folks on the committees we were able to craft the language so that it was very specific and really tackled the issue. We had quotes of the Constitution throughout our resolutions and they all passed with minimal changes.

AFM
03-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Freedom!!!!!!!!

Eric21ND
03-31-2008, 08:45 AM
I must stress the importance of discussing the resolutions. The best reason for taking the time to go through them all during the conventions is to sway people to vote for our side and join us. We need support. If we elect Ron Paul but nobody understands why then we have already lost.

Plus let's not forget the old guard are...well old...resolution discussion eats up time and the older folk supporting McCain need nap time. :rolleyes:

raystone
03-31-2008, 10:14 AM
for any wasting time running into Puppetmaster's comments, remember the Ignore feature

Working Poor
03-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I am very proud of Texas right now!!!!!

bzimmerman
03-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey Robert,

I wish you'd come to the convention planning meetings, or you would have understood that annoying Tom Schwartz guy, and why he was my personal hero at the Wilco convention.

His motions served many purposes, the most important of which was to delay the proceedings. With our obvious minority being a close number, our plan was that those who lacked our passion would get bored and tired and just go home, increasing our strength. As a stronger voting block then, we would re-visit the delegate list. The fact that it encouraged them to vote our resolutions in over OUR objections was simply fortuitous (and I admit, very strange). I mean, you did realize that the chunk of people voting to break up the resolutions were, in fact, the RP faction, no?

You are right on one thing: it was a raving success. In the end, this was not due exclusively to our efforts though, but to the generosity of the established Republican party leadership for Williamson County and their supporters in the delegation, who controlled that day entirely, and chose to be generous and charitable, especially with regard to the delegate list.

Sincerely,
Bo Zimmerman
Pct. Chair, Williamson County 149,
Raving Constitutionalist,
Delegate to State.

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 11:04 PM
awesome

LibertyEagle
04-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Plus let's not forget the old guard are...well old...resolution discussion eats up time and the older folk supporting McCain need nap time. :rolleyes:

Don't start this crap again. :mad: Let's not start the old people bashing again on this board. It is the older generations who have been in this movement before you were an itch in your daddy's pants and have been supporting Ron Paul just as long.

Paul Revered
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win!
First they ignore you-- done
Then they laugh at you-- done
Then they fight you-- processing
Then you win-- next

orlandoinfl
04-07-2008, 12:16 AM