PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Neo-cons Support Dalai Lama?

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
The neo-cons don't care about some protesters in Tibet. The neo-cons bombed Iraq into the stone age....
So why do they try show that they care? What's deal here?

Any thoughts?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/09/images/20030910_p33377-06a-515h.jpg

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/09/images/20030910_p33377-29a-515h.jpg

President George W. Bush welcomes the Dalai Lama to the White House Wednesday, September 10, 2003.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/09/images/20030910_p33377-06a-515h.html

Paulitician
03-29-2008, 12:41 PM
More importantly, who gives a sh*t

Aratus
03-29-2008, 12:58 PM
this goes back to truman. the entry of the people's liberation army into tibet roughly
one year after the fall of shanghai was taken to be a major crisis by the men around
harry s. truman. a loose alliance to the venerable china lobby centered around the soong
sisters as well as henry luce and his wife clare booth luce kept tibet as a cause alive over
time. the twists and turns of chinese politics impacted tibet. the cultural revolution in the
1960s into the early 1970s led to a destructive desecration of many buildings and artworks,
and a wholesale burning of "reactionary" books. when china has gangs of red guard cadres
enforsing a radio adress string of directives by chairman mao, china is close to anarchism.
mao stripped older party officials of their ranking and status. many at best got house arrest.
a legacy of centuries was destroyed in tibet. its not only the taliban that can be destructive.
after richard milhous nixon travels to the great wall, we develop a relationship with china
that was impossible when mao's wife ruled through four of her close friends in the party.
the ascendancy of chou en-lai brought an order to the nation wracked by large, traveling
gangs of red guard youths. tibet's people secretly hoped for a liberation, their dalai lama
having gone into an exile over the high mountains in 1959. china in the late 1970s toys
with allwing back in a degree of capitalism, this surpises the old china hands. time passes...
the dalai lama ages. he travels, he gives lectures. i've seen him briefly, and almost saw him
twice in my life. one time i was 50 feet away from him at harvard at a podium in the lecture hall.
another time he was at brandeis and i came at the tale end of his speech. he at the
time was meeting with prominent members of our local boston area chinese community.

Ozwest
03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Well said, New Governor of Alaska.

Irony...

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 01:08 PM
More importantly, who gives a sh*t

The United States government does so you should give a sh*t as well, because Ron Paul won't be a president and his message We ought to mind our own bisiness won't transform into real policies.

I think the neo-cons plan to turn Tibet into another Afghanistan or Kuwait....

Aratus
03-29-2008, 01:14 PM
i agree our neo-cons can be more brutish in action than all neandrathals,
yet to see them actually civilized around this honorable tibetan leader
is something to behold. perhaps the life of syngman rhee of south korea
holds a few clues. even though he was christian, brutal to his opposition,
he as korea's rulor did not ultimately cut against the inate confucianism
of korea's old order. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/COLDsyngman.htm
the dalai lama of tibet is a pacifist at heart & dreads as well as detests
violence, yet he has a quiet courage. to explain WHY we tended to give
Chiang Kai-Shek a degree of respect as well as both Syngman Rhee and
the Dalai Lama is to ask a basic question of the Dean Acheson era! indeed,
HENRY LUCE was TIME magazine, and FDR's policy often was pre-set by LUCE's presses.

TIME magazine eclipses the HEARST press. LUCE liked the Nationalists. In
our politics of the era, HENRY WALLACE would have kept us less involved
and more neutral. Such was not our path in those days. For almost fifty years
we as a superpower kept a cause alive... the very one that got some
tibetans bludgeoned by our nyc cops near the U.N building the other day...

angelatc
03-29-2008, 01:34 PM
The neo-cons don't care about some protesters in Tibet. The neo-cons bombed Iraq into the stone age....
So why do they try show that they care? What's deal here?

Any thoughts?

Why no pictures of the President(s) shaking hands with the annointed leaders of Communist China?

People on both the right and the left have been saddened by the plight of the Tibetans for as long as I've been alive.

Should the US be meddling there? No.

Am I repulsed by your non-stop communist propoganda postings? Yes.

angelatc
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
i agree our neo-cons can be more brutish in action than all neandrathals,
yet to see them actually civilized around this honorable tibetan leader
is something to behold.

Don't fool yourself. They're just trying to start a civil war in China.

Paulitician
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
The United States government does so you should give a sh*t as well, because Ron Paul won't be a president and his message We ought to mind our own bisiness won't transform into real policies.

I think the neo-cons plan to turn Tibet into another Afghanistan or Kuwait....
I think it's mostly PR...

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 01:41 PM
During the 1980s the same neo-cons supported the Taliban people, who back then were called the "courageous Afghan freedom fighters"...

:D

Proclamation 5034—Afghanistan Day, 1983

By the President of the United States of America, 21 March 1983

The tragedy of Afghanistan continues as the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters [The Taliban] persevere in standing up against the brutal power of the Soviet invasion and occupation. The Afghan people are struggling to reclaim their freedom, which was taken from them when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December of 1979.

In this three-year period the Soviet Union has been unable to subjugate Afghanistan. The Soviet forces are pitted against an extraordinary people who, in their determination to preserve the character of their ancient land, have organized an effective and still spreading country-wide resistance. The resistance of the Afghan freedom fighters is an example to all the world of the invincibility of the ideals we in this country hold most dear, the ideals of freedom and independence.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45/278.html

A quote from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library web site:

"President Reagan meeting with Afghan Freedom Fighters to discuss Soviet atrocities in Afghanistan."

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c12820-32.jpg

Source - The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/atwork.html

Paulitician
03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
We get it, the Tibetan people are evil terrorists.

Flash
03-29-2008, 03:04 PM
The Chinese government is awful to its own native population, nevertheless Tibetians and other ethnic minoritys.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 03:08 PM
The Chinese government is awful to its own native population, nevertheless Tibetians and other ethnic minoritys.

Are you quoting the Fox-News? And why do you care anyway?

angelatc
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
For heavens sakes! You seem to think that nobody here has ever been to China! (No, I haven't, but my husband goes a couple times a year, and I have several friends who adopted Chinese girl babies.)

Flash
03-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Are you quoting the Fox-News? And why do you care anyway?

For one China is supposedly suppose to be a next superpower. You can't have a superpower oppressing its own native religion, oppressing tibetian monks, etc..

China needs to seperate from its Communist authoritarian past.

angelatc
03-29-2008, 03:45 PM
For one China is supposedly suppose to be a next superpower. You can't have a superpower oppressing its own native religion, oppressing tibetian monks, etc..

China needs to seperate from its Communist authoritarian past.

The CPC is still the ruling party. China is still absolutely a Communist country.

Flash
03-29-2008, 03:47 PM
http://gopkorea.blogs.com/flyingyangban/chinese_imperial_map.gif

Tibet isn't the only occupied nation in the Chinese artificial superstate.

The CPC is still the ruling party. China is still absolutely a Communist country.

Oh I know. But they were suppose to be drifting into capitalism slowly.