PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Mistake the Supporters Made

Conza88
03-29-2008, 02:55 AM
A total lack of perspective, from the VERY beginning & a CONTINUED total lack of perspective. Including a total lack of a credible expectation from the very start.

Most of the naysayers, damn well thought this was going to be a cake walk.

HOW the f--k do you think, you can compete and expect to DOMINATE (which is what ppl expected) the MSM?

HOW the f--k, do you expect to compete against FREE msm coverage + 24hrs a day / 7days a week / 365 times a year, for every single one of your opponents? HOW?

Every single nay sayer out there, has 0 perspective. They expected a cake walk and are disillusioned because of it.

Expectations have not been met, but it is THEIR expectations that have not been met. NOT Ron Paul's.

We are the media people, WORD OF MOUTH is still and always will be, the best form of advertisement. Canvass, Canvass, Canvass. WAKE your family UP! If YOU don't have the courage, to stand up to your family, how can YOU stand up to the NWO!?

This is for the long haul, its ALL about the movement. This movement was here, BEFORE Ron Paul's campaign, he's just kicked its ass into gear something fierce. It continues, until Justice is served. Keep up the great work. :D

In rebuttal to "The Greatest Mistake the Supporters Made."

Revolution9
03-29-2008, 08:44 AM
When I tell people I am RP grassroots whip they ridicule his chance to win.. I tell them "We are not trying to win..We are taking over..and after we boot the commies from the Republican Party we are going after the shills and dual loyalty clowns in the Democratic Party and booting them to the curb and replacing them with Constitutionalsts as well."

And I want to amend the Constitution. I want to underline it and put it in bold. And.. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are not "hard" to interpret as the MSM has made it appear. All you gotta remember is that it restricts government and the interpretation is a breeze.

Best
Randy

The One
03-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I love it. I was posting commentary like this months ago, but as you might guess, it went over like a turd in the punchbowl. At that time, if you said anything that even hinted at RP not getting the nomination, you were a troll. Suggesting that our goals would have to be long-term was not allowed. To this day, I still believe that the reason we've lost so many members is that those people were pumped full of BS that we were going to win the nomination, and when that didn't happen they gave up and left. If they had been educated to understand the long, hard task that's ahead of us, they might still be here. We should all be excited about the massive progress that has been made, but instead, so many left because they saw we weren't going to get the nomination and believed we had failed.:(

qh4dotcom
03-29-2008, 09:17 AM
The greatest mistake thousands of Ron Paul supporters made was to NOT spread the word about him....simply voting for Ron Paul is not enough.

Millions did not vote for Ron Paul because they haven't heard about him or know his message of freedom and the Constitution....or know this position on the issues.

ItsTime
03-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Biggest mistake = The blimp. You can not measure the damage it did. To start, that money could have been spent on canvassing.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
The MSM is what did this, not Ron Paul. If he was given an equal chance, I can almost guarantee he would be #1 right now. But the media elite do not want that. Coca Cola or Mcdonald's might as well be the MSM, they are looking out for who will serve them and they don't want a guy that believes in freer markets.

Common misconception that libertarians are pro-business. I'm not pro-business lol I'd drop it if it were pro-business, I'm pro-free enterprise. Big difference.

qh4dotcom
03-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Biggest mistake = The blimp. You can not measure the damage it did. To start, that money could have been spent on canvassing.

You're right about the canvassing....but the blimp is better than no blimp

See post #4 above

qh4dotcom
03-29-2008, 09:44 AM
The MSM is what did this, not Ron Paul. If he was given an equal chance, I can almost guarantee he would be #1 right now. But the media elite do not want that. Coca Cola or Mcdonald's might as well be the MSM, they are looking out for who will serve them and they don't want a guy that believes in freer markets.

Common misconception that libertarians are pro-business. I'm not pro-business lol I'd drop it if it were pro-business, I'm pro-free enterprise. Big difference.

See post #4 above

If every Ron Paul supporter told everyone they know about Ron Paul....and asked those people they know to do the same...and if every Ron Paul supporter had done something to promote Ron Paul and his message....the MSM would have been forced to give Ron Paul an equal chance or risk a backlash from millions of well informed people....word of mouth works better than TV.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-29-2008, 09:46 AM
See post #4 above

If every Ron Paul supporter told everyone they know about Ron Paul....and asked those people they know to do the same...and if every Ron Paul supporter had done something to promote Ron Paul and his message....the MSM would have been forced to give Ron Paul an equal chance or risk a backlash from millions of well informed people....word of mouth works better than TV.

Uh, no. They would then try to kill his campaign like they did with Pat Buchanan after he won NH.

H Roark
03-29-2008, 11:29 AM

Totally agree, it was a novel idea but ineffective.

wowabunga
03-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Had 2 flat tires getting to the big open air flea market early this moring... but I made it. I posted Ron Paul signs at the exit where they would not miss them. Spoke about "the message" at every opportunity I had with the public... much more work ahead of us... we do need to re-adjust the sails.

More info to come about adjustments to my rose colored glasses...