PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the Beijing Olympics

tnvoter
03-29-2008, 12:52 AM
and send a message to FREE TIBET.

Anyone wanna join me on it? I've been doing my best to also boycott chinese goods for obvious reasons.

Read the first speech in Ron Paul's book if you think otherwise.

Malakai0
03-29-2008, 02:29 AM
We get to have Olympics here, why not china? We both have aggressive foreign policies and occupy other countries, it's majorly hypocritical IMO.

IMO it's more productive and 'right' to protest the wars we are actually funding and fighting every day instead of something china is doing.

China occupies tibet, we occupy iraq and afghanistan and aid in the occupation of palestine. We are directly and indirectly responsible for probably 100k+ deaths a year around the world. Not seeing how any americans have the moral high ground to do this. I'm born and raised american btw. And I'm a big fan of eastern cultures and language so I'm not hating on the tibetans either.

benhaskins
03-29-2008, 08:52 AM
my sister will be going for triathlon

Sandra
03-29-2008, 08:56 AM
My neice won all around gold in gymnastics in 2004!

benhaskins, Triathalon is one ofthe most grueling of all the competitions! Good Luck to her.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-29-2008, 08:59 AM
We get to have Olympics here, why not china? We both have aggressive foreign policies and occupy other countries, it's majorly hypocritical IMO.

IMO it's more productive and 'right' to protest the wars we are actually funding and fighting every day instead of something china is doing.

China occupies tibet, we occupy iraq and afghanistan and aid in the occupation of palestine. We are directly and indirectly responsible for probably 100k+ deaths a year around the world. Not seeing how any americans have the moral high ground to do this. I'm born and raised american btw. And I'm a big fan of eastern cultures and language so I'm not hating on the tibetans either.

+1

And besides, I wan't going to go to China anyway.

freedom-maniac
03-29-2008, 11:14 AM
I always make an effort to watch the Olympics, but not this year. Screw the commies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6HIavxnUHls

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Tnvoter, are you a Ron Paul supporter?
It seems like the neo-cons are trying really hard to blackmail China.....

If US really will boycott China's Olympics then China won't lend any money to America anymore.....

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 11:32 AM
China occupies tibet......

Where did you get this idea, Malakai? Who told you that China occupied Tibet?

angelatc
03-29-2008, 11:32 AM
and send a message to FREE TIBET.

Anyone wanna join me on it? I've been doing my best to also boycott chinese goods for obvious reasons.

Read the first speech in Ron Paul's book if you think otherwise.

I would, except I am not a sports fan and never watch them anyway. :)

angelatc
03-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Where did you get this idea, Malakai? Who told you that China occupied Tibet?

Uh, they didn't invade it in 1950? They didn't promise to leave when asked to do so, but yet remain there? And let's not even drag the UN into this.

Where did you get the idea that China doesn't occupy Tibet?

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Uh, they didn't invade it in 1950?

What? Where did you read such thing? What are your sources?
Tibet was actually occupied by the British.

angelatc
03-29-2008, 11:38 AM

But you won't find a lot of support for the occupation of foreign nations in these forums. We can't quite figure out a way to boycott our own country though.

angelatc
03-29-2008, 11:46 AM
What? Where did you read such thing? What are your sources?
Tibet was actually occupied by the British.

Have the people of Tibet asked for autonomy?

What the Chinese are doing to the Tibetans is akin to what the Americans did to the Indians.

Unspun
03-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Why? All these athletes trained day in and day out to go to the Olympic games and now their dream has finally came true... and we want to take that away from them? What a silly suggestion...

New Governor Of Alaska
03-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Have the people of Tibet asked for autonomy?

What the Chinese are doing to the Tibetans is akin to what the Americans did to the Indians.

Angelatc, I asked you a question - Where did you read that Tibet was occupied by China? What are your sources?

And you answer with a question. What sort of discusion is that? :confused:

Tibet was actually occupied by the British untill 1950.

Flash
03-29-2008, 02:57 PM
I believe China occupys another nation called East Turkmenistan, an ethnically Turkic people.

porcupine
03-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Boycott the US Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7NUNwq2MGc

AutoDas
03-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I think the Olympics shouldn't be hosted by countries for this exact reason. No country can agree to what another has done. Private organizations do a good enough job making competitions for themselves.