PDA

View Full Version : Good news Delegates and Alternates

hotbrownsauce
03-28-2008, 11:22 PM
My original Message slightly edited
I heard in a state that has certain party rules if those party rules are not followed a civil lawsuit can be filled against the people who break them. What I'm worried about is that I am an alternate delegate and if I become a delegate I want to vote for Ron Paul but I don't want some sort of lawsuit filed against me or fellow supporters. If McCain is supposed to get certain votes and people don't vote how they are supposed to by the party rules they may be sitting in court next month pending a civil lawsuit. I ask that we make sure all the Missouri Delegates (and maybe other states?) and Alternates are aware of what troubles may arise in disobeying party rules.

Thank you for your time.

Response

Hi, *Name Removed*. To ease your mind, as a delegate or alternate to the District and/or State Conventions, we will not be casting votes for candidates, but will only be discussing platform changes, voting for other delegates, etc.

The delegates who are chosen to attend the National Convention in September will cast a vote for Ron Paul when the time is right. No rules will be broken.

This means when those of us who carry on to finally get to the national convention and vote for Paul no law will be broken even if your 'supposed' to vote for McCain.
- Thats the good news.

derdy
04-01-2008, 03:43 AM
My original Message slightly edited

Response

This means when those of us who carry on to finally get to the national convention and vote for Paul no law will be broken even if your 'supposed' to vote for McCain.
- Thats the good news.

Yeah, but notice how they said, "When the time is right." What exactly does that mean?

GunnyFreedom
04-01-2008, 03:54 AM
When the time is right means that after the first vote, if McCain does not get more than 50% of the delegates, some will be released. If he again does not get 50%, then most will be relesed. if nobody then gets 50% all will be released.

Being 'released' means that you can vote for whomever. Prior to being released, you are supposed to vote for whom you are bound.

countrykidz4freedom
04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Hang in there guys, don't be intimidated by the bullying tactics from the opposing side. We are doing this thing by the books, and the reason they are trying to intimidate is because they are starting to notice we mean business. Dr. Parent has correctly advised, as has the above poster. While bound, must vote for the candidate bound for, but also determinedly consistently work toward the changes needed to be allowed to vote for our choice. We are delegates also, and although unfortunately in the minority in our county-due to having a very hard time getting people activated) although most people we talk to do want Ron Paul to win-we are still going to stay in it for the long haul.

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
When the time is right means that after the first vote, if McCain does not get more than 50% of the delegates, some will be released. If he again does not get 50%, then most will be relesed. if nobody then gets 50% all will be released.

Being 'released' means that you can vote for whomever. Prior to being released, you are supposed to vote for whom you are bound.

Easy Gunny--this varies by state. In Oklahoma, for example, certain districts went to Huckabee and those delegates will be unbound from the first round, while other districts went to McCain and will theoretically be bound until he drops out.