PDA

View Full Version : WA State Liberty Candidate

ClockwiseSpark
03-28-2008, 10:49 PM
JACOB BRASSINGTON DECLARES CANDIDACY FOR WASHINGTON STATE REPRESENTATIVE

WALLA WALLA— Rep. Bill Grant, D-Walla Walla, may face a new, younger sort of opposition in the upcoming race for his seat. Twenty-year old Jacob Brassington, junior humanities major at Walla Walla University in College Place, declared his candidacy for Bill Grant’s seat at the Walla Walla Republican county convention on Saturday, March 8, 2008.

“My intention is to win,” Jacob says. “Many years of experience and deep community roots seem to be the platform many state candidates run on. I intend to break that mold. I intend to run simply as me: a passionate, regular guy who cares deeply about conservative values.”

In 2006, Jacob Brassington returned with his family to Washington after living 5 years in Kansas City and 9 years in a small community in Wisconsin. “I was born in Spokane. My mother’s parents, Tony and Dorlean Hepler, have always welcomed our frequent visits back to Walla Walla from far away Midwestern states. Going to Walla Walla College was a natural choice, and felt like coming home.” His family now lives in Mount Vernon, just South of Bellingham in Washington.

Jacob is currently a student legislative policy intern in Olympia. “I have witnessed firsthand what Representatives do by working for one. I honestly believe the job can be done by anyone who is willing to commit and work hard to voice the concerns of their community. I can do that.”

Jacob says he has been inspired to run because “The fundamental Republican conservative planks of freedom and liberty are in danger every day in Washington State. Each time a legislator votes for a bill sacrificing a little freedom for the sake of a ‘better society’, they chip away at the foundation of the American right to spend your money as you wish, do as you wish, and live as you wish as long as it doesn’t prevent anyone else from doing the same. After only a few months of working in Olympia, I have witnessed our legislators overspending, overtaxing, and overexerting their strong arm in law.”

“It’s time for a new voice in Olympia for the people of the 16th Legislative District. I don’t want to join the cynical bureaucrats of Olympia for status, power, or recognition. I want to work like a dog, standing up for the liberties the Democrats encumber with each piece of legislation they cram down the throats of the Republican minority.”

http://jacobbrassington.com/

press@jacobbrassington.com

LibertiORDeth
03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
To bad I live about two hours north of him... I think Doc Hastings (my representative) is pretty good though.

nate895
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey, I might have a friend in the legislature if we both win.

ClockwiseSpark
03-29-2008, 09:28 PM
bump