PDA

View Full Version : UUHRAH! Liberty ROCKED the Franklin County GOP tonight!

GunnyFreedom
03-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Not only is participation up 200% (based almost entirely on new participation by Ron Paul people) but we passed all our resolutions by a vote of 60 to 2. Every single Constitutionalist and Liberty-minded delegate got passed up to the District and State conventions, and for the most part we are being treated -- not as pariah's, but as desperately needed activists for a dying party.

But that's not all! Lots and lots of unofficial debates and discussions resulting in fresh looks on key elements of our platform. Waking people up to the difference between a Constitutionally fought Barbary Pirates War resulting in swift, decisive, and total victory; compared to an unconstitutionally fought Global War on Terror resulting in a protracted endless meaningless war that only creates more enemies than it destroys. The re-stressing of strict Constitutionalism and an unwavering commitment to the Bill of Rights, and even...EVEN some traction on the Patriot Act!

Speaking of the Patriot Act, I was in discussion with one higher up muckety-muck who strongly favored the Patriot Act because we are "in a new kind of war" and we need to give the Gov't the "tools needed to protect us" and besides, the Patriot Act only applies to foreign citizens.

I stated my case that 1) we already had the required tools inherent in the FISA Act, 2) any abrogation of American Liberty is heinous and anathema to the principles of the Founders and the US Constitution, and 3) that the slippery slope argument is validated by the evidence that following a US Department of Justice audit which found over 1000 abuses of the Patriot Act used against US Citizens, instead of changing practices to fall more in line with the original intent of the Act, our legislature offered up new law to make the original abuses legal under the Domestic Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorist Act.

Now, he wants me to e-mail him more detailed information and sources on the above argument.

I will be doing so over the next 24 hours. I have some sources, and have no problems constructing the logical structure of the argument through the proper structure of premises, syllogisms, and conclusions. However, I think the more quickly I answer him, the better; so if anybody can help me with source materials for the above argument I will be most grateful.

I plan on also using as support addenda the case for habeus corpus via the Military Commissions Act of 2007, and the case for Posse Comitatus via the John Warner Defense Appropriations Bill of 2007.

So, if folks would be so kind as to dump sources on me, I thank you very much. We very well could turn the whole party leadership of the number one fastest growing county, inside one of the fastest growing states in the nation with this argument. So the more support material on this the better. Thanks so much.

Due to the nature and import of the request for assistance, I'll post this message both in North Carolina, and Grassroots. If you folks in North Carolina could attach your substantive answers (regarding the argument) to the grassroots thread so it keeps getting bumped, and anybody who wants to comment on the success at the county convention do so in North Carolina to keep off topic stuff out of Grassroots, that would be most welcome.

Again, thank you so much!

menoname
03-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Sweet. Good job. I'll try to find some sources for ya.

ronpaulhawaii
03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Congrats Glen, great job and

Keep Up the Good Work :)

MozoVote
03-28-2008, 10:49 PM
:D

http://www.learningandviolence.net/helpself/amazing.gif

skyorbit
03-28-2008, 11:27 PM
I hope all the other Counties did as well as you did.

I heard some of them didn't do so well.

Tracy

rancher89
03-29-2008, 05:08 AM
xcellant job, kudos

bucfish
03-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Excellent Work! We can If We Believe We Can!