PDA

View Full Version : Orange County

pacelli
03-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Been canvassing orange county over the past several months and will soon add BJ Lawson to my arsenal. Orange County is heavily, HEAVILY democratic John Edwards lives nearby). The democrat homes are unwilling to change parties, and it is some sick game with them that they are still voting for John Edwards because he is local. The republican households I've gone to are heavily McCain. The biggest issue I've had with the McCain supporters is that most cannot be convinced the Ron Paul is still in the race. One man today said, "He said he was winding down, and we have to beat the dems". On the plus side I have gotten a number of them to at least visit Ron's website, and I have secured a handful of registered republicans who will be voting for Ron. Additionally NC-86 (main thoroughfare here in chapel hill) has been blanketed with BJ Lawson for Congress yard signs. They're every 100 feet, on the sides and medians of the road. Thousands of people a day travel NC-86, and it is impossible to miss these signs.

Just as a heads-up to others canvassing nearby, the democratic presence and McCain lust is very thick here.