PDA

View Full Version : It's official, my congressman is in denial

Broadlighter
03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I just received this reply from my congressman in response to my concerns about House Concurrent Resolution 40. He calls the NAU and NAFTA Superhighway project an 'urban myth.'

Mods, feel free to move this thread if you feel it doesn't belong here, but this is a matter that surely concerns just about any Ron Paul Supporter.

Here's the letter, with an official correspondence claim at the bottom:

March 28, 2008

Dear John:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding House Concurrent Resolution 40; a resolution that urges Congress not to enter a North American Union and not to construct a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System. Neither Congress nor the Executive branch has any plans to undertake either of these projects. Both fall into the realm of "urban myths."

Proponents of H.Con.Res. 40 argue that a North American Union would make all the countries borderless and that terrorists as well as illegal immigrants would have limitless access to the United States. They also argue that a NAFTA Superhighway System would allow foreign trucks to enter the United States without regulation and without inspection allowing an increase in drug and human trafficking.

There hasn't been an agreement to any North American Union nor is there one being planned. The Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP), a collaborative effort between the governments of the U.S, Canada and Mexico, seeks to make the three countries safe from terrorism and transnational crime by enhancing border security that deters terrorists while clearing legitimate trade and travel. The SPP has nothing to do with and doesn't alter the courts, constitution, legislative process or sovereignty of any country. Furthermore, it does not remove borders, alter immigration procedures nor at all diminish national security.

In regard to a NAFTA Super Highway System, the U.S. government does not have the authority to designate any highway as such nor does it seek such authority. There are private and state level interests planning highway projects which are described as "NAFTA Corridors", but these are not Federally-driven initiatives, and they are not a part of the SPP. This resolution is responsive to a concern unconnected to any current legislative activity: there is no NAU or a NAFTA Superhighway System being planned. Therefore I will not support this misleading and misguided resolution.

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.Con.Res. 40 and while I won't support this legislation currently, please be assured that if future plans on a NAU or a NAFTA Superhighway System come up I will keep your concern in mind. Please feel free to contact me again with any future questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

SAM FARR
Member of Congress

SF/mh

Please be sure to visit my website at www.farr.house.gov.

This is an official correspondence from Congressman Sam Farr. If you have any questions please contact our office. If you no longer want to receive e-mail or if this message has reached you in error, please accept our apologies and send an e-mail to samfarr@mail.house.gov with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. PRIVACY POLICY Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else or sold in any way.

James Madison
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Well, whenever I hear a politician say something I usually just think the exact opposite of whatever they've said and magically it all makes sense.

Brown Sapper
03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Tell the people of Texas that its an urban myth. I have not met one person in the State of Texas that is for the TTC and Gov Rick Perry still won't stop trying to weasel it in wherever he can.

Delaware
03-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Better to be safe than sorry. Write a reply to him that if he does not care about our country he doesnt deserve your districts support and that you will actively campaign against him.

Broadlighter
03-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Better to be safe than sorry. Write a reply to him that if he does not care about our country he doesnt deserve your districts support and that you will actively campaign against him.

I was just thinking that.

ClayTrainor
03-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I was just thinking that.

Do it man... these are the types of things our revolution needs to do.

Start actively campaigning do get these dickheads out of office, as opposed to trying to get our man in.

Broadlighter
03-28-2008, 04:11 PM
My response to the congressman:

Dear Mr. Farr,

With all due respect the Trans Texas Corridor, which was unanimously rejected by the Texas State Legislature, is not a myth.

This quote:

"For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents ... to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

was not something from an urban myth. It came from page 405 of "Memoirs" autobiography of David Rockefeller (2002, Random House publishers)

Whether or not there is any federal legislation supporting a North American Union (SPP included), or a NAFTA Superhighway, or the introduction of a new currency called the Amero, these are very real agendas being carried out by members of Congress and leaders in the private sector, not to mention foreign interests, to merge and consolidate nations in a movement toward one-world government.

If you don't support resolutions intended to halt these agendas, then you've made it clear to me and others as voting citizens that you do not care about this country and the principles it was founded on. You don't deserve the district's support and I will actively campaign for candidates who will act to halt this trend.

Good Day,

John

Richie
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
My response to the congressman:

You should have sent him the link to the official website. http://www.keeptexasmoving.com/

Rhys
03-28-2008, 08:38 PM
tell him there's no plan to have him reelected either.

Sandra
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Threaten to reprint his reply and send it everywhere (like here).

Midnight77
03-28-2008, 08:57 PM

Do you have any concrete plans that show the NAU plan is still in the works? Especially with how in-terrible-shape our country is in, right now?

This may have been in-the-works at one point ... but I don't see them going forward with it, for the time being.

Given how terrible our Economy is in, I would think there are other things to worry about than a NAU.

Paulitician
03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Do you have any concrete plans that show the NAU plan is still in the works? Especially with how in-terrible-shape our country is in, right now?

This may have been in-the-works at one point ... but I don't see them going forward with it, for the time being.

Given how terrible our Economy is in, I would think there are other things to worry about than a NAU.
The part that hasn't been mentioned thus far in this thread is that the SPP openly calls for "economic integration", whatever that means (after all, one of the 'P's in SPP stands for "prosperity"). Given the horrible state of the economy, it wouldn't suprise me if Congress or whatever start to want to pass some fishy stuff like a new currency. You have to remember that the EU had it's 50th anniversary last year, yet it wasn't established until 1993 supposedly. It's probably an ideal time for leaders to be thinking about the so-called "NAU"--if indeed it exists.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-28-2008, 10:18 PM
The part that hasn't been mentioned thus far in this thread is that the SPP openly calls for "economic integration", whatever that means (after all, one of the 'P's in SPP stands for "prosperity"). Given the horrible state of the economy, it wouldn't suprise me if Congress or whatever start to want to pass some fishy stuff like a new currency. You have to remember that the EU had it's 50th anniversary last year, yet it wasn't established until 1993 supposedly. It's probably an ideal time for leaders to be thinking about the so-called "NAU"--if indeed it exists.

Economic union precedes political union.

Broadlighter
03-28-2008, 10:38 PM

NAU is a pejorative term given by opponents of the globalists' agenda to merge nations. The proponents are not going to call it that. NAFTA was a step in that direction and so is SPP.

I'd suggest you google "The Money Masters" on Google Video and watch the whole 3 hours and 38 minutes of it. It's pretty clear from the actual statements of those orchestrating the mergers that this is what they've been planning.

As to the economic downturn going on right now, all you have to do is look at history. The Fed caused the stock market crash, which led to the Great Depression. During the Depression the Government confiscated all of the people's Gold Bullion in a move to consolidate the remaining wealth of the nation.

The Fed is now creating another economic crisis and arguably on purpose. First comes crisis, then comes consolidation. Is this the crisis that serves as the pretext for merging the U.S. into the NAU? We don't know for sure, but if this gets worse and many of us expect it will, there will be some form of consolidation that binds the people ever more tightly to the government apparatus. Is this by design? Who really knows. I'd say that it is the tendency of governments and politicians to grab for more power in times of crisis.

Paulitician
03-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I was listening to the first hour of "The Financial Sense Newshour" today (check out my signature), and there was an audio clip of McCain saying:

"I believe the Americas can and must be the model for a new 21st century relationship between North and South. Ours can be the first completely democratic hemisphere, where trade is free across all borders, where the rule of law and the power of free markets advance the security and prosperity of all."

Sounds like SPP propaganda to me, don't you guys think? Read his entire speech HERE (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/872473dd-9ccb-4ab4-9d0d-ec54f0e7a497.htm) (it's long and boring :D)

TruthAtLast
03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Threaten to reprint his reply and send it everywhere (like here).

yes, let him know that his ignorance will not go unnoticed or accepted and you will mail it in a newsletter to every household in his district. :D

CurtisLow
03-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Here's mine. I wrote him back.. about NAU

----------------
Dear Mr. CurtisLow:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding trade issues with Canada and Mexico. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) is intended as a tool to increase information sharing among the United States, Canada and Mexico. The SPP was authorized by the leaders of all three countries, but it is not a signed agreement or treaty.

Some have suggested that the SPP may lead to the creation of a common market or a North American Union; however, if the United States were to potentially consider this, it would require approval by the U.S. Congress.

Some have also claimed that the SPP may lead to a NAFTA super highway that would connect all three countries. The federal government has stated that there are no plans to build a NAFTA super highway. Also, no funds have been appropriated to construct a super highway and there are no current plans to seek such funding.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my new web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this new online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator