PDA

View Full Version : Tarrant County Party is Afraid of Ron Paul

CRM4RP2008
03-28-2008, 01:07 PM
This letter was sent out a few minutes ago from Texas Senate District 10 Chairman:

SD10 Delegates & Alternates,
Part of my responsibility as SD10 temporary chairman is to keep the delegation informed about any issues pertaining to the convention. Many delegates to this year's district convention have participated before and are used to fairly harmonious and unified conventions. The situation this year may be different.
We have had a large number of Ron Paul campaign organizers become involved in this year’s convention process. On their blogs, some are hoping to send enough of their own members to the state convention to:

1. Change the state rules to allow the Texas national delegates to vote for someone other than the winner of the Texas Republican Primary, which would disenfranchise over a million primary voters.
2. Elect national delegates who will vote contrary to how Texas voted.
Many of this year’s new participants have been told that delegates to the national convention are not bound by the results of the popular vote. This is not true. The rules in effect in Texas at the time of the March 4 primary clearly state that our national delegates are required to vote as the voters did. Texas voters went to the polls on March 4 believing that their votes counted. Changing the rules after the election would disenfranchise those voters. This is the kind of activity we expect to see in the Democrat party.

While it sounds farfetched, Ron Paul organizers have successfully taken one third of the Missouri delegation. They are also working hard across the state of Texas to control the delegations of other senate districts and counties.

It is important that you not take your attendance at this year's convention lightly. Our number of delegates is roughly double the number we had last year, so the potential for this attempt to succeed is real. Please make every effort to attend, and plan to stay until the end.

On to victory in November,

Stuart Lane
Temporary Chairman, SD10

bucfish
03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Well with McCain as their presumptive Nominee I still see no reason for the Old Guards to attend. He is but a Liberal Democrat in the GOP.

CRM4RP2008
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
RESPONSE FROM RP GRASSROOTS LEADER to Stuart Lane
Temporary Chairman, SD10:

Given the recent statements made by the Temporary Chair of the SD10 convention, I feel it is appropriate that I be allowed to clarify some things on behalf of these new delegates that are causing such a stir.
These statements are unfortunately typical of the tactics we have
encountered while trying to grow the Party and help it be more
responsive to the concerns of grassroots Republicans and Conservative voters. These issues will determine the future of our Party and they demand a fair hearing, not cursory dismissal or directed attempts to squash debate.

First of all, we are not "just" Ron Paul supporters. We are Ron Paul
supporters, Mike Huckabee supporters, Fred Thomspon supporters, Mitt Romney supporters, Tom Tancredo supporters, Duncan Hunter supporters, etc. Yes, most of us support Ron Paul today whether we started with him or not, because he is the one Conservative left in the race. And he *is* still in the race.

For my part, I am a life-long Republican whose first political memory
is watching Ronald Reagan campaign on television and being angry I wasn't old enough to vote for him like my parents. I guess that dates me a bit. I spent most of my school years earning a reputation as a solid conservative who would debate any liberal on any issue, and win. I got my degree in Political Science, Religion/Philosophy, and History from Indiana Wesleyan University, one of the most conservative schools in the country. I studied directly under a professor who mentored under Francis Schaeffer, and from him I learned to revere the words of Augustine, Washington, and Reagan. I married a woman who was active in the pro-life movement by the time she was a teenager, and we moved to Texas because we believe in the principles of Federalism and wanted the state that best supported our values as we raised our family. We have four children and we home school them. I am no Democrat.

It is true that like many in the "Ron Paul camp" I have not had much
involvement with party politics since college, primarily because the
system appeared too compromised to restore. However, I have not been idle. I have taken the conservative message directly to the people I can reach, regardless of their current confused state, and have made them realize that limited government and fiscal conservatism is the only way to maintain a secure, prosperous, virtuous society. I am not alone in this task, and many of us have managed to push forward the Conservative message in ways we would never have imagined. Fault us for this methodology if you must but I believe we have been effective.

Regardless, we are here now. Yes, many of us are here because a US Congressman from Texas has restored our hope that it is possible to stand up for Truth against overwhelming odds and reach the hearts and minds of the people. We are here because we think our party needs us, and we would hope welcomes us. We are here because it is unacceptable that things have degraded to the point they have, and that our party is so fragmented it could conceivably choose John McCain as it's nominee, while working to shut out new grassroots volunteers.

As to the claims that we are here to disenfranchise voters -- we
freely admit we are not satisfied with John McCain as the nominee or any kind of standard bearer of the Republican Party, and we do not think we are alone in this among Tarrant County Republicans. We are not willing to lie down and stop campaigning for truly Conservative candidates regardless of the presumed outcome or assumed futility of our efforts as long as those campaigns still provide the most effective way to move the cause forward. We believe that Ronald Reagan's doctrines of the big tent and party unity do not extend so far across the line between right and left that we can just accept any candidate the liberal media hands us. We believe life is neither so dear, nor peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. We must draw the line somewhere if we are to remain Conservatives worthy of the name, or our party is doomed to the abyss of ineffectual relativism. We would not accept Hillary Clinton as a Republican nominee, and surely we must make a stand before the misapplication of the doctrines of incrementalism lead us there. We are the party of Taft, Goldwater, and Reagan. We are not the party of McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and McCain-Lieberman.

The people have made it clear they will only elect Conservatives
worthy of the name. The resolutions many of you passed in your
precincts to urge an even more Conservative platform make it clear you want real progress, but we will never get it without delegates who stand strong and demand our candidates do not ignore the will of the people.

So yes, we intend to fight McCain all the way until September, and we intend to work with other groups in the party with the same goal.
That having been said, we have been and remain the individuals who have demanded the utmost respect for the rule of law, many would say to a fault. While we have not given up the fight for a Conservative candidate, we have no intention of breaking the law or party rule. We live in a representative system and if we are honored enough to be selected as delegates to the national convention we expect to carry the message of Conservatism forward with all legal means at our disposal, including convincing other delegates on the floor who may not be bound that we must find better ways to stand strong as a party and assert our platform upon our candidates. Even if all we are allowed to do is vote for McCain, we will still make it clear that the party must do better if we want our values and way of life to survive.

Jeremy Blosser
Tarrant County Conservative Restoration Alliance

Pauliana
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
*standing ovation*

Sandra
03-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Kind of pointless to issue a warning to those very people who want change or to change back rather.

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Given the recent statements made by the Temporary Chair of the SD10 convention, I feel it is appropriate that I be allowed to clarify some things on behalf of these new delegates that are causing such a stir...
supporters, Mike Huckabee supporters, Fred Thomspon supporters, Mitt Romney supporters, Tom Tancredo supporters, Duncan Hunter supporters, etc. Yes, most of us support Ron Paul today whether we started with him or not, because he is the one Conservative left in the race. And he *is* still in the race.
We are the party of Taft, Goldwater, and Reagan. We are not the party of McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and McCain-Lieberman...
Even if all we are allowed to do is vote for McCain, we will still make it clear that the party must do better if we want our values and way of life to survive.

Jeremy Blosser

Damned good stuff.

LittleLightShining
03-28-2008, 02:00 PM

Given the recent statements made by the Temporary Chair of the SD10 convention, I feel it is appropriate that I be allowed to clarify some things on behalf of these new delegates that are causing such a stir.
responsive to the concerns of grassroots Republicans and Conservative voters. These issues will determine the future of our Party and they demand a fair hearing, not cursory dismissal or directed attempts to squash debate.

is watching Ronald Reagan campaign on television and being angry I wasn't old enough to vote for him like my parents. I guess that dates me a bit. I spent most of my school years earning a reputation as a solid conservative who would debate any liberal on any issue, and win. I got my degree in Political Science, Religion/Philosophy, and History from Indiana Wesleyan University, one of the most conservative schools in the country. I studied directly under a professor who mentored under Francis Schaeffer, and from him I learned to revere the words of Augustine, Washington, and Reagan. I married a woman who was active in the pro-life movement by the time she was a teenager, and we moved to Texas because we believe in the principles of Federalism and wanted the state that best supported our values as we raised our family. We have four children and we home school them. I am no Democrat.

system appeared too compromised to restore. However, I have not been idle. I have taken the conservative message directly to the people I can reach, regardless of their current confused state, and have made them realize that limited government and fiscal conservatism is the only way to maintain a secure, prosperous, virtuous society. I am not alone in this task, and many of us have managed to push forward the Conservative message in ways we would never have imagined. Fault us for this methodology if you must but I believe we have been effective.

Regardless, we are here now. Yes, many of us are here because a US Congressman from Texas has restored our hope that it is possible to stand up for Truth against overwhelming odds and reach the hearts and minds of the people. We are here because we think our party needs us, and we would hope welcomes us. We are here because it is unacceptable that things have degraded to the point they have, and that our party is so fragmented it could conceivably choose John McCain as it's nominee, while working to shut out new grassroots volunteers.

freely admit we are not satisfied with John McCain as the nominee or any kind of standard bearer of the Republican Party, and we do not think we are alone in this among Tarrant County Republicans. We are not willing to lie down and stop campaigning for truly Conservative candidates regardless of the presumed outcome or assumed futility of our efforts as long as those campaigns still provide the most effective way to move the cause forward. We believe that Ronald Reagan's doctrines of the big tent and party unity do not extend so far across the line between right and left that we can just accept any candidate the liberal media hands us. We believe life is neither so dear, nor peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. We must draw the line somewhere if we are to remain Conservatives worthy of the name, or our party is doomed to the abyss of ineffectual relativism. We would not accept Hillary Clinton as a Republican nominee, and surely we must make a stand before the misapplication of the doctrines of incrementalism lead us there. We are the party of Taft, Goldwater, and Reagan. We are not the party of McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and McCain-Lieberman.

precincts to urge an even more Conservative platform make it clear you want real progress, but we will never get it without delegates who stand strong and demand our candidates do not ignore the will of the people.

So yes, we intend to fight McCain all the way until September, and we intend to work with other groups in the party with the same goal.
That having been said, we have been and remain the individuals who have demanded the utmost respect for the rule of law, many would say to a fault. While we have not given up the fight for a Conservative candidate, we have no intention of breaking the law or party rule. We live in a representative system and if we are honored enough to be selected as delegates to the national convention we expect to carry the message of Conservatism forward with all legal means at our disposal, including convincing other delegates on the floor who may not be bound that we must find better ways to stand strong as a party and assert our platform upon our candidates. Even if all we are allowed to do is vote for McCain, we will still make it clear that the party must do better if we want our values and way of life to survive.

Jeremy Blosser

God bless you, Jeremy. What an awesome letter. I'm interested to see the reply you get.

Melissa
03-28-2008, 02:20 PM

Jeremy Blosser

This should be sent to every GOP in this country

Cowlesy
03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
I am moving this to Grassroots Central.

amy31416
03-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks CRM and welcome to the forums!

torchbearer
03-29-2008, 02:22 PM
whoa. speechless. uh yeh. i wish i could articulate that...

soapmistress
03-29-2008, 02:28 PM
LOL at "temporary chairman"

Yeah buddy, you don't know HOW TEMPORARY!!

Boot him out!

Joseph Hart
03-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I hope we win Texas. Ron Paul can sometimes barely sway the scale with an opinion. This time the law fell off the balance. It was weighed down by the ever decreasing value of the dollar.

firebirdnation
03-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Jeremy Blosser

Excellent response!

rockandrollsouls
03-29-2008, 02:49 PM
It's ridiculous how out of the loop this guy is...we are a republic, not a democracy. There's a reason why we don't do things by popular vote....any moron can go out and vote for john mccain, that's why the delegates are there to uphold the constitution and choose the best nominee for the party. Someone knock some sense into this jerk-off.

Majority rules principle = DANGEROUS

ignorance is NOT bliss

MozoVote
03-29-2008, 04:12 PM
We are the party of Taft, Goldwater, and Reagan. We are not the party of McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and McCain-Lieberman.

I'm gonna keep that quote in my arsenal, now. :cool:

Nyte
03-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Beautiful!

Chibioz
03-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Amazing response Jeremy

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-29-2008, 05:00 PM
good letter but way too long... hope he/she reads it.

p.s. If something like this was to be sent to all state GOPs,
then I highly recommend shortening it AND making it more
inspiring by drawing a picture of the future we want and of
the future we don't want.

The letter is nice and civil, but it won't 'open their eyes'!!!

jointhefightforfreedom
03-29-2008, 05:07 PM
This letter was sent out a few minutes ago from Texas Senate District 10 Chairman:

SD10 Delegates & Alternates,
Part of my responsibility as SD10 temporary chairman is to keep the delegation informed about any issues pertaining to the convention. Many delegates to this year's district convention have participated before and are used to fairly harmonious and unified conventions. The situation this year may be different.
We have had a large number of Ron Paul campaign organizers become involved in this year’s convention process. On their blogs, some are hoping to send enough of their own members to the state convention to:

1. Change the state rules to allow the Texas national delegates to vote for someone other than the winner of the Texas Republican Primary, which would disenfranchise over a million primary voters.
2. Elect national delegates who will vote contrary to how Texas voted.
Many of this year’s new participants have been told that delegates to the national convention are not bound by the results of the popular vote. This is not true. The rules in effect in Texas at the time of the March 4 primary clearly state that our national delegates are required to vote as the voters did. Texas voters went to the polls on March 4 believing that their votes counted. Changing the rules after the election would disenfranchise those voters. This is the kind of activity we expect to see in the Democrat party.

While it sounds farfetched, Ron Paul organizers have successfully taken one third of the Missouri delegation. They are also working hard across the state of Texas to control the delegations of other senate districts and counties.

It is important that you not take your attendance at this year's convention lightly. Our number of delegates is roughly double the number we had last year, so the potential for this attempt to succeed is real. Please make every effort to attend, and plan to stay until the end.

On to victory in November,

Stuart Lane
Temporary Chairman, SD10

Need to vote this guy out of his chairman position!

Banana
03-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Loved Jeremy's response. I really would be so tickled if every meetups were this organized!

This is the beauty of decentralized efforts. Everyone does the best!

itshappening
03-29-2008, 08:12 PM
wow Jeremy, was grinning at the response

WELL DONE !!

molly_pitcher
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM
bump

torchbearer
03-29-2008, 08:34 PM
//

pepperpete1
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Jeremy, Your letter was very well written. Let's hope it wasn't over their head. It is obvious that Ron Paul is being considered a threat. A threat to what, I would like to know?
To their double-speak nominee, coranated a little too early, who could still lose the nomination?

ronpaulbillboards
03-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Tarrant county my home town! How did yall do?

CRM4RP2008
03-30-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/552184.html

Ron Paul supporters win partial victory at GOP conventions
By MIKE LEE
mikelee@star-telegram.com
FORT WORTH -- Ron Paul supporters fought with local Republican leaders Saturday over control of local conventions and may have won the right to push their agenda at the state GOP convention.

Supporters of Paul, a congressman from Surfside who got 4.5 percent of the votes in the presidential primary, tried to overwhelm the senate district-level conventions by sheer numbers. The party regulars, aware that Paul’s supporters won a similar campaign in Missouri, brought in extra troops of their own.

The two largest conventions in Tarrant County were still nominating their delegates at 9 p.m., so it may be days before the full effect is known.

“This is not unique to Dallas-Fort Worth; it’s happening all over the state,” said Stephanie Klick, Tarrant County Republican chairwoman.

Paul’s supporters oppose GOP presidential nominee John McCain and want to push the party toward Paul’s brand of conservatism, including reigning in federal spending, ending the Iraq war and abolishing the federal reserve and other government agencies. Any delegates to the state convention will be required to support McCain, but they could still vote for changes in the state party platform.

Peace broke out early at the Senate District 12 convention.

Convention chairman Tom Quinones worked out a deal to give the Paul camp delegates based on their numbers. Chad Bishop, a Paul delegate, gave a speech seconding Quinones’ nomination, saying the district’s “conservative heritage is not lost on us.”

Quinones said later: “I think the Ron Paul delegates will be well represented on our state delegation list.”

In Senate District 10, Paul supporter Jeremy Blosser challenged longtime Republican organizer Stuart Lane for chairmanship of the convention.

Blosser bristled at Lane’s characterization of Paul’s supporters as “outsiders bent on taking over the party.”

“We are Republicans. I don’t know how you take over something you’re already part of,” he said.

Lane won the election by a 2-to-1 margin, but it took hours to count the votes, and the convention still bogged down with debate over platform changes.

“Did we accomplish something today? We’re here, and we stood up for ourselves,” Blosser said.

danielboon
03-30-2008, 03:52 PM
bump

Working Poor
03-30-2008, 04:28 PM
wow don't mess with Texas!! Great going Jeremy!!!

humanic
03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Jeremy's letter = K.O. punch

squandertime
03-30-2008, 04:48 PM
we are SO fired up over here in southeast texas!!!

now, some of our people arent full out ron paul supporters- but i gauruntee, friggin garuntee!- that if there was a motion to Change the state rules to allow the Texas national delegates to vote for someone other than the winner of the Texas Republican Primary, it would friggin pass overwhelmigly!!!!!!!!

that is how much texas wants to show the world we aint happy with mccain.

amy31416
03-30-2008, 04:57 PM
We are SO fired up over here in southeast texas!!!

Now, some of our people aren't full out Ron Paul supporters- but i guarantee, friggin guarantee!- that if there was a motion to Change the state rules to allow the Texas national delegates to vote for someone other than the winner of the Texas Republican Primary, it would friggin pass overwhelmingly!!!!!!!!

that is how much Texas wants to show the world we ain't happy with McCain.

Beautiful! :D

kigol
03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
:)

hyoomen
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice work, Jeremy! At SD 8 we had a bit of an easier time -- nobody was overtly seeking to circumvent our actions, but that may mean we simply hadn't rocked the boat as much as we had hoped.

I'll see you all in Houston.

-SD 8 Alternate to State (after a run off election for the last Delegate slot)

w2992
03-31-2008, 02:01 AM
Taxation without Representation?

At the SD11 Brazoria County Republican Convention Pct. 55 the North section of Angleton was denied having even 1 of the 45 delegates to the state republican convention. The reason given was lack of Brazoria County voter turnout reduce the allowed delegates. The Pct 56 chairman was allowed in advance to pick all her "friends" for the entire county. Most of these "friends" were not even at the county convention. 24 were married both husband and wife both having the luxury of being delagates. The chairman and his daughter and a state rep. and his son all delegates. I Charles Walker was elected to be state delegate at the pct 55 convention March 4 2008. I was elected to this position because of the effort I took to go every door in Pct 55 and talk to the voters.

jblosser
03-31-2008, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. We did not get all we wanted at the SD 10 convention for the short term but we're told no one has ever stood up to them like that before. They had 3 parliamentarians on stage and at least one lawyer in the balcony on a phone with them "to combat us" the whole day. They shot us down over and over again and mostly just convinced people they were completely unfair. We'll get our rematch at State.

Eric21ND
03-31-2008, 07:28 AM
bring your lawyer, your phone, and your momma if you have to!

no mercy for corrupt political hacks.

weslinder
03-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Here in Jefferson County Senate District 4 (SD17 didn't have a convention), we had a majority or at least even split of Ron Paul supporters on every committee. We have probably 22 or so of the 51 Delegates (including myself) as announced Ron Paul supporters, and a few that might be. We also have a majority of Alternates as announced Ron Paul supporters. Our incoming county chairman is a sound believer in liberty an voted for Ron Paul, though he didn't actively campaign for him. We are trying to get him on the State Resolutions committee.

Brown Sapper
03-31-2008, 08:06 AM
That seems to be the word that we will get them at state. Im really hopeful we can push our agendas once we get to state after seeing how many delegates are going to state from the Houston area.

squandertime
03-31-2008, 08:11 AM
yes please tell us somebody what happened in houston, ft bend, montgomery co.!!

i have been waiting on pins and needles to find out!

what happened!!!!

:o)

Carole
03-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Excellent!! :)

Sola_Fide
02-17-2011, 12:39 AM

is watching Ronald Reagan campaign on television and being angry I wasn't old enough to vote for him like my parents. I guess that dates me a bit. I spent most of my school years earning a reputation as a solid conservative who would debate any liberal on any issue, and win.I got my degree in Political Science, Religion/Philosophy, and History from Indiana Wesleyan University, one of the most conservative schools in the country. I studied directly under a professor who mentored under Francis Schaeffer, and from him I learned to revere the words of Augustine, Washington, and Reagan. I married a woman who was active in the pro-life movement by the time she was a teenager, and we moved to Texas because we believe in the principles of Federalism and wanted the state that best supported our values as we raised our family. We have four children and we home school them. I am no Democrat.

Jeremy Blosser

Anybody know if Jeremy is still around? I went to college with him...we graduated together. I remember having some great discussions with him.

We both were poly sci students under Dr. Glenn Martin. Glad to see he was/is active in the Liberty movement!