PDA

View Full Version : Move over, FOX, CNN, MSNBC. Make way, NBC, CBS, ABC. A New Media is rising!

Goeran
03-28-2008, 05:21 AM
From Americanlibertytv.com (http://www.americanlibertytv.com/):

As the grassroots of the Ron Paul Revolution discovered in 2007 and 2008, the corporate-controlled news media are not willing to broadcast the truth. They have deliberately obscured, derided, and played-down the Paul campaign, despite the abundant evidence that he is a viable candidate. Further, they continue to play down the most important stories facing our country today, stories like:

* The Federal Reserve System and how it is undermining and destroying our finances
* The case for gold-based currency
* Real ID and the end of privacy
* The reality of what's happening in Iraq
* Government attacks on the Bill of Rights
* What's really happening with CAFTA and NAFTA
* The true cause of rising health care costs
* The coming financial disaster due to entitlement spending commitments
* What's really causing the national debt to skyrocket

etc., etc. In fact, the list of issues that the MSM either under-report or fail to report at all is almost endless. This trend must not be permitted to continue.

Obviously, the likes of Fox News, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News, CNN, etc. aren't going to change their broadcasting habits on national TV anytime soon. So, we've got to compete with them in order to force their hands. Impossible? So was Ron Paul's candidacy. Yet, he still managed to inspire millions of Americans, and his campaign was backed by hundreds of thousands of average donors like you willing to put their money where their mouths are.

A daily news program that tells the whole story is what is most needed. Nolan Chart LLC's founder Walt Thiessen wants to put the ideas of liberty and individual freedom back into the news where they belong, where they can be seen every evening by millions of Americans. Until the full message Ron Paul stands for reaches the people as part of their daily news so that they really understand the importance of it, they won't support it. That's why the message must be broadcast on national TV every day.

Digg please!

ht tp://digg.com/politics/The_Revolution_MUST_Be_Televised

Reddit!
http://reddit.com/r/politics/info/6dpgu/comments/

bobbyw24
03-28-2008, 05:50 AM
http://digg.com/politics/The_Revolution_MUST_Be_Televised

Use this unbroken Digg link

Goeran
03-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Where's the enthusiasm?

Something wrong with this project that I'm not aware of?:confused:

Cleaner44
03-28-2008, 08:45 AM
dugg baby, yeah!

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Nothing wrong with the project--provided it can attract a network.

belian78
03-28-2008, 08:55 AM
i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be in on this! I'd be a news anchor, coorespondant, radio DJ, whatever they needed. I'd be on it in a heartbeat!

phree
03-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I think this is the direction we must take.

Goeran
03-28-2008, 09:52 AM
dugg baby, yeah!

i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be in on this! I'd be a news anchor, coorespondant, radio DJ, whatever they needed. I'd be on it in a heartbeat!

Thanks!

Now we're getting into the right mood! :D

mavtek
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
There's already a general consensus that www.breakthematrix.com will be the major media outlet.

Unspun
03-28-2008, 10:15 AM
There's already a general consensus that www.breakthematrix.com will be the major media outlet.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/general/2005-11-10-pink-sheets-mym_x.htm

JosephTheLibertarian
03-28-2008, 10:37 AM
You think there's no independent media out there? lol. They can't compete if they can't get on tv. Thank the FCC

freedom-maniac
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
This is like the eighth time someone has tried this idea on the forums. So far they've all failed.

However, I think this one will be a little more successful.

JS4Pat
03-28-2008, 11:08 AM

:confused:

Are you insinuating that the Break the Matrix idea is a scam?

JosephTheLibertarian
03-28-2008, 12:28 PM
This is like the eighth time someone has tried this idea on the forums. So far they've all failed.

However, I think this one will be a little more successful.

Why's that? They didn't even get off the ground.

yongrel
03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
:confused:

Are you insinuating that the Break the Matrix idea is a scam?

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

BarryDonegan
03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Kudos. ON DEMAND internet style TV stations are the wave of the future, people are on their computers more and more and TV less and less, especially once those microwave towers get put up. Just because a business does not catch fire over night does not mean it won't be a success.

bucfish
03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Do not think it will be a scam but think it needs better Management and people with experience in Old Media.

Carole
03-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Finally! Television is exactly what the freedom message needs.

I hope everyone checks out the website and if you like the plan, try to support it.

Television is for now the best way to educate people who are addicted to getting their news.

This is the idea I have been waiting for. If it is well-planned and all the ducks line up, then I am all for it and will do my best to support it. :)

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Caveat emptor. That which we hunger for the most is that which we should check out best before buying.

Fields
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
dugg

theantirobot
03-28-2008, 01:04 PM
My break the media idea has always been to convince people to accept the Internet as their primary source of information. That would solve all the problems.

Recently I've begun wondering if it would be possible to have the GOP setup or endorse a social news site. I wonder what the legalities of the GOP having a revenue generating website are.

BarryDonegan
03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
My break the media idea has always been to convince people to accept the Internet as their primary source of information. That would solve all the problems.

Recently I've begun wondering if it would be possible to have the GOP setup or endorse a social news site. I wonder what the legalities of the GOP having a revenue generating website are.

This will happen on its own ;)

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 01:07 PM
This will happen on its own ;)

It is happening on its own, the MSM's insistence on spinning things is why, and we're in the vanguard of the movement.

mavtek
03-28-2008, 01:26 PM

They are teaming with breakthematrix..............

So if breakthematrix is a scammed then this place has been fooled by them.

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM

...or is being perpetrated by them.

rpfan2008
03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
get ready fight club
lol

sidster
03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
http://digg.com/politics/The_Revolution_MUST_Be_Televised (htt p://digg.com/politics/The_Revolution_MUST_Be_Televised)

Use this unbroken Digg link
you need to break up links like these and links to polls

Unspun
03-28-2008, 02:09 PM

No, not outright. They haven't combined forces. What they are doing is when "BreakTheMatrix" is ready to go to TV they will be there to help each other... So the site says, could be a way for BreakTheMatrix to look better and more credible. But, I'm not saying either is a scam at all. Do your own research and decide for yourself. I just posted the link as a general warning. After reading about them myself, Pinksheets are no good imho.

EastWindRain
03-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Great Idea. :)

ItsTime
03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
qft

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

No, not outright. They haven't combined forces. What they are doing is when "BreakTheMatrix" is ready to go to TV they will be there to help each other... So the site says, could be a way for BreakTheMatrix to look better and more credible. But, I'm not saying either is a scam at all. Do your own research and decide for yourself. I just posted the link as a general warning. After reading about them myself, Pinksheets are no good imho.

Rhys
03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
breakthematrix isn't a scam, I wouldn't think... just a hair brained concept.

Ted Turner was hair brained when he made CNN. But that doesn't mean this will work. I personaly have no faith whatsoever in it, but it isn't a scam and it's crazy enough and this is America so who knows.

I forsee a slow simmer of freedom based media, which will be market driven from people who know what they're doing and not just want to do it.

spickford
03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, there are many of us that would love a viable alternative media source. Who knows how many of these startups we're hearing and talking about will catch on? A group of us are in the early stages of a project that will be a slow grower, but we hope nonetheless will become a viable source for news that you can actually use (not just what Britney did today or the latest mudslinging from the Dems). Right now it is just a blog that we are working on building to a large yet simple media source. Our plans:

-Continue to build up our blog with quality articles and new daily content with interactive information and topics. We are currently in the early stages of a weekly newsletter and daily news update emails as well.
-When readership and subscribers gets to a large enough amount, we will expand into our forums and began producing a radio show expressing the current news that effects all, news of the election and legislations and opinions and information from experts on the topics at hand.
-Expand the content into print form and distribute to subscribers and outlets.
-Beyond that, who knows? TV is always an option, however we'd like the radio show to be broadcast on a major outlet, maybe Sirius?

The goal is not to turn a profit, it is to provide a media outlet that covers the worlds most important and pertinent issues in a FAIR way, no matter what side our views are on, not just every news story that comes down the wire. We also strive to provide as much insight and discussion as we can on everything, because discussion and debate and an informed public is the root of furthering a true democracy.

Please visit our site, and subscribe to the RSS feed and newsletter, at www.politicallore.com (http://www.politicallore.com)

Of course, we are not in it to compete with anyone else like RPR Radio or Break the Matrix (if they get going), we just want to provide a reliable and informative media outlet for the rEVOLution! Please take a second to visit us, and help us keep the rEVOLution going! Thanks. :D

TruthAtLast
03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
dugg and committed to donate