PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul getting smeared on youtube

GrimmTay
08-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I just found this link on digg when searching for ron paul.

http://www.digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_Wake_Up

It links to this page on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7sg1UXJkKQ

The guy has 2 other videos, both ridiculous smears of Paul. I wasn't really shocked by any of that though, we know how nuts anti-Paul people can be. I was however surprised by the reaction of a supposed Paul supporter in the digg comments though. Here are the more shocking parts of his page long comment

"Let it be known I am a Ron Paul supporter. I am surprised by this video which shows him with some questionable people.. among other things... There always is the possibility of photoshop and of course explanations, I don't think thats the case here myself."

"This is probably the first real damning piece of evidence there has been since his popularity with digg. Hence why I dugg it."

"The other fact, that despite what we know of Saddam given that the United States sold him weapons in the first place, shows at one time he was a trust ally. So that doesn't necearrily condemn him of anything per se.."

I'm saddened to see that both our enemies and some within our own ranks can be quite so stupid.

God Save Ron Paul

GrimmTay

noxagol
08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow, every attempt to deface Ron Paul by those who hate him have had to make shit up. If that is the best that they can do, then he is a shoe in for sure.

Churchill2004
08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
That wasn't a "smear", it was a lame attempt at a joke. Don't give it more attention than it deserves, and don't be so uptight if some one pokes fun at Ron Paul. That's part of being a candidate- people will make fun of you.

james1906
08-19-2007, 05:23 PM
That wasn't a "smear", it was a lame attempt at a joke. Don't give it more attention than it deserves, and don't be so uptight if some one pokes fun at Ron Paul. That's part of being a candidate- people will make fun of you.

true, i can't wait to see someone impersonate him on saturday night live.

Richie
08-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Buried.

Paulitician
08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

kalami
08-19-2007, 05:48 PM
I just found this link on digg when searching for ron paul.

http://www.digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_Wake_Up

It links to this page on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7sg1UXJkKQ

The guy has 2 other videos, both ridiculous smears of Paul. I wasn't really shocked by any of that though, we know how nuts anti-Paul people can be. I was however surprised by the reaction of a supposed Paul supporter in the digg comments though. Here are the more shocking parts of his page long comment

"Let it be known I am a Ron Paul supporter. I am surprised by this video which shows him with some questionable people.. among other things... There always is the possibility of photoshop and of course explanations, I don't think thats the case here myself."

"This is probably the first real damning piece of evidence there has been since his popularity with digg. Hence why I dugg it."

"The other fact, that despite what we know of Saddam given that the United States sold him weapons in the first place, shows at one time he was a trust ally. So that doesn't necearrily condemn him of anything per se.."

I'm saddened to see that both our enemies and some within our own ranks can be quite so stupid.

God Save Ron Paul

GrimmTay

Can a admin do an IP check and see if this guy is the same person as Koranpaul (who previously posted this crap)?

Wendi
08-19-2007, 05:53 PM
I see nothing damaging about the fact that one of our elected political leaders has engaged in diplomatic relations with foreign leaders.

Geronimo
08-19-2007, 05:53 PM
The still shots in that video were obviously photoshopped.

Spirit of '76
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Buried as inaccurate. :)

Cowlesy
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

Ditto.

Wyurm
08-19-2007, 05:57 PM
it was rather lame, but he did a good job with the image splicing. The best pic was the one of him holding the newspaper.

Oh, and for anyone who sees this and watches it, come on, its not an attack. A moron could see that its fake.

tmg19103
08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I actually think it strengthens RP's message by attempting to twist it in a way where you see how twisted the logic of the smear is.

Zydeco
08-19-2007, 06:26 PM
It's parody.

Lord Xar
08-19-2007, 06:41 PM
mark it as spam .. youtube will remove it. You can't post inflammatory AND wrong information on someone.... defamation of character.. mark it as spam.