PDA

View Full Version : My personal run-in with the Military Industrial Complex

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 12:06 AM
For those who don't know me, I'm a Merchant Marine Captain.

In September of 2008, all transportation workers: sailors, pilots, dockhands, truckers, you name it, must have a Transportation Worker ID Card.

Biometric, intrusive, RFID capable and expensive infringement on freedom.

In the case of mariners it is also utterly redundant as all the information they want is already in the Merchant Mariner's Document or "Z" - card.

But when you pay the fee, look who processes your CC number.

Not the DHS, not the TSA, not the Treasury.

This is copied, with redactments, from my email receipt from this afternoon:

*** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***

Thank you for submitting your payment for TWIC Application Fee. This email is to confirm that on Mar-27-2008, you authorized Lockheed Martin to charge the credit card listed below on the scheduled payment date.

Confirmation Number: (redacted)
Payment Amount: $132.50
Scheduled Payment Date: Mar-27-2008

Payer Name: (redacted)
Card Number: (redacted)
Card Type: MasterCard
Expiration Date: (redacted)

If you have questions about this payment or need assistance, please view the payment online at (redacted)

Thank you for using the Lockheed Martin electronic payment system.

driller80545
03-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Evokes visions of a number tattooed on your wrist

CurtisLow
03-28-2008, 12:22 AM
What a bunch of crap. When did Lockheed Martin get into the security business? They were probably whining about how they weren't making enough money from the war..

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Evokes visions of a number tattooed on your wrist

Driller, we've talked before, but I can't recall whether you work offshore or not.

If you do, you'll need one as well.

And fear not, these MF's are hawking their technology to DHS and Coast Guard:

http://www.verichipcorp.com/

VeriChip offers the widest range of RFID tag technologies within its solutions - beyond just passive and active tags - including implantable, wearable, and attachable form factors. Associating the following icons with VeriChip products, you can easily determine which particular tag technology is available with each solution.

VeriChip products marked by the “Implantable” icon mean they utilize the implantable, passive RFID microchip, the VeriChip™, in their solutions for the purpose of automatic identification.

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
What a bunch of crap. When did Lockheed Martin get into the security business? They were probably whining about how they weren't making enough money from the war..

It is a bunch of crap.

That's the MIC new area of expertise, "security systems".

Boeing, Lockheed, GE, all the rest, they all have a hand in it.

Signzit
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM

In September of 2008, all transportation workers: sailors, pilots, dockhands, truckers, you name it, must have a Transportation Worker ID Card.

In the case of mariners it is also utterly redundant as all the information they want is already in the Merchant Mariner's Document or "Z" - card.

Thank you for submitting your payment for TWIC Application Fee. This email is to confirm that on Mar-27-2008, you authorized Lockheed Martin to charge the credit card listed below on the scheduled payment date.

If you have questions about this payment or need assistance, please view the payment online at (redacted)

I have a question, as a Captain, you understand Maritime Admiralty Law and UCC. Do you have control of your Corporate "PERSONA"? Do you control your "Vassal"? Have you shattered or do you control the "Trust"?

thanks, I'm trying to gain control of my Trust/Vassal and free myself. Do you understand any of this, and or are you willing to share any data? thanks again.

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I have a question as a Captain you understand Maritime Admiralty Law and UCC. Do you have control of your Corporate "PERSONA"? Do you control your "Vassal"? Have you shattered or do you control the "Trust"?

thanks, I'm trying to gain control of my Trust/Vassal and free myself. Do you understand any of this, and or are you willing to share any data? thanks again.

My understanding is basic.

What you are referring to is the fact that we, meaning the people, are no longer subject to "common" or civil law, but that all law is, for all intents and purposes, adjudicated under Uniform Commercial Code, in other words, Maritime Law.

That individuals are treated under the UCC as "corporate vassals" and that to "bust" the corp will then free the individual to pursue their Rights as sovereign citizens.

For those who don't know, that's the "gold fringe on the flag" issue.

But I confess to ignorance of the hows and whys of actually doing this.

driller80545
03-28-2008, 12:45 AM
I am not currently offshore, although could be at any time. I am very aware of and paranoid of this security nonsense. I am seriously considering retiring and going under the radar. We are cataloged in many ways from continuing education to state and federal licensing and bonding requirements. I am currently drilling exploration wells for uranium production and the security is absurd. Hahahahaha, uh oh.

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 12:49 AM
I am not currently offshore, although could be at any time. I am very aware of and paranoid of this security nonsense. I am seriously considering retiring and going under the radar. We are cataloged in many ways from continuing education to state and federal licensing and bonding requirements. I am currently drilling exploration wells for uranium production and the security is absurd. Hahahahaha, uh oh.

I was two pins away from not doing this. It's only because the MMD has all this info anyways that I relented. Well that and a mortgage.

The implanted RFID chip is a deal breaker though.

That'll be the last straw for me.

Signzit
03-28-2008, 12:52 AM
thank you Anti, I thought maybe being a Merchant Captain applying for said, ( and I'm guessing) International licenses, there might have been some clues within, other than of course Lockheed. If that's not freaky enough, right?

When I first started reading your post, I thought, you were going to say the IMF. lol

driller80545
03-28-2008, 12:54 AM
The powers that be have any info about me that they might want, but it is the principal that I can't swallow.
Love that thread about gasoline in a diesel engine. zooom, booom. Ha

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 01:03 AM
thank you Anti, I thought maybe being a Merchant Captain applying for said, ( and I'm guessing) International licenses, there might have been some clues within, other than of course Lockheed. If that's not freaky enough, right?

When I first started reading your post, I thought, you were going to say the IMF. lol

Ugh, IMF, but I could have foreseen the IMO.

International Maritime Organization, the UN body, unelected, unaccountable, taxing and regulatory body that all US merchant seamen are subject to, even when in domestic US waters.

I so hate having to comb through the CFRs in the course of my work, I'll admit to not having looked into this corporate vassal issue very deeply.

It's case of the mechanic having the run down car or the carpenter with the run down house, I'm too "up close" I suppose. But based on my limited knowledge, it seems to fall under the same type of effort as those protesting taxation through arguments that the 16th amendment never being properly ratified or "show me the law".

Good arguments that have some merit, but incredibly risky to pursue in our kangaroo courts.

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 01:04 AM
The powers that be have any info about me that they might want, but it is the principal that I can't swallow.
Love that thread about gasoline in a diesel engine. zooom, booom. Ha

LOL, yeah it'll run like hell...for a minute or two.:D

Highland
03-28-2008, 01:07 AM
bump

Anti Federalist
03-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Bump for me.

Malakai0
03-29-2008, 02:37 AM
I was going to work at the docks my friends dad owns (they do oil spill and oil tanker cleanup), and when I found out I had to do all this I just said forget about it.

No biometric scans of me ever by the gov or MIC, thanks.

constituent
03-29-2008, 06:27 AM

not in goliad, i hope.

Luft97
03-29-2008, 06:59 AM

I had a real dilema myself, I was seriously considering getting out of the business over this TWIC issue. In the end I did not.. I went ahead and got my fingerprints photos etc on the 12th.. Bleh.. You sail on product tankers?

Anti Federalist
03-29-2008, 11:39 AM
I had a real dilema myself, I was seriously considering getting out of the business over this TWIC issue. In the end I did not.. I went ahead and got my fingerprints photos etc on the 12th.. Bleh.. You sail on product tankers?

No, OSVs.

I used to sail with Texaco years ago when they still had a US fleet.

And I was two pins away from not doing it either. Sad fact is though, that the MMD already has all the biometric data and any US mariner is already "in the system".

When DHS/USCG moves to a VeriChip implant (which they are actively looking into) though, that's it for me, I'm out.

For anybody else that is not "in the system", I would strongly recommend not doing it and getting out now while you still can.

Anti Federalist
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Bump for TWIC implementation.

hillertexas
01-22-2009, 11:32 PM
bump for TWIC awareness...they will come for the rest of you soon.

lucius
01-23-2009, 01:02 AM
...Thank you for using the Lockheed Martin electronic payment system.[/I]

No shit, I was approached a couple of months ago to 1099 straight contract, working on a Lockheed Martin project preparing for the rapid conversion/nationalization? of certain defense contractors from the private sector into the DoD. They seemed to be 'the player' in this control grid being weaved around us. My read: there are tangible funded contracts/plans being rolled out for a potential? SHTF scenario. If inclined, look under the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) under "Workforce Shaping" and "Defense Civilian Personnel Management Service" (CPMS). This position paid very well...something up to $140/hr. I think this is the right link: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/nsps/whatisnsps.html

Also: I was not under a non-disclosure. Sadly, I am already in the system from previous employment. AF, you may end up under the DoD, merchant marine is pretty critical infrastructure.

ps: The interesting thing is that the workers will be sorted into just four classes: Standard Career Group (largest number), Scientific & Engineering Career Group, Medical Career Group, Investigative & Protective Career Group. Large salary in the private sector equates to higher salary under the DoD and you have one shot at renegotiating your assigned wage. The system was impressive--oracle. Put a chinese danjan? to shame [their life-long offical record]...

hillertexas
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
No shit, I was approached a couple of months ago to 1099 straight contract, working on a Lockheed Martin project preparing for the rapid conversion/nationalization? of certain defense contractors from the private sector into the DoD. They seemed to be 'the player' in this control grid being weaved around us. My read: there are tangible funded contracts/plans being rolled out for a potential? SHTF scenario. If inclined, look under the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) under "Workforce Shaping" and "Defense Civilian Personnel Management Service" (CPMS). This position paid very well...something up to $140/hr. I think this is the right link: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/nsps/whatisnsps.html

Also: I was not under a non-disclosure. Sadly, I am already in the system from previous employment. AF, you may end up under the DoD, merchant marine is pretty critical infrastructure.

ps: The interesting thing is that the workers will be sorted into just four classes: Standard Career Group (largest number), Scientific & Engineering Career Group, Medical Career Group, Investigative & Protective Career Group. Large salary in the private sector equates to higher salary under the DoD and you have one shot at renegotiating your assigned wage. The system was impressive--oracle. Put a chinese danjan? to shame [their life-long offical record]...

WTF? This is madness.

Are they saying that the people that have to get the TWIC are being phased into the DOD? As in, working for the DOD?

Anti Federalist
01-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks for bringing that up, Lucius.

Slightly off topic, but...

You know, we may have a slight disagreement over the worth of Alex Jones and his approach, but it is issues like this one that he brings to the public.

This is what he is railing about when he says you will be "carded" and you job will coded to a national security value, based on the factors listed in your post.

This will expand into the general workforce over time, eventually including everybody.

And the scoffers will dismiss it as a conspiracy theory. I warned my brother about this, who is also a captain, years ago as TWIC was being put into place. He dismissed it as nothing to worry about, wouldn't affect him, since he runs pleasure yachts.

Well, much to surprise, it does, he has to go through it as well, and is pissed, too late of course.

And yes, you are correct, Merchant Mariners are subject to DoD control, it has happened in the past. Did you know that of all US servicemen in WWII, the group with highest casualty rate was the US Merchant Marine? They lost an incredible number of men and ships running conveys in the North Atlantic, more, percentage wise, than the Marines at Guadalcanal or the losses at Normandy.

So, it's become pretty clear, to those willing to look objectively at the "current crisis" that we are longer the "land of free".

The question is, what are we going to do about it?

Anti Federalist
01-23-2009, 09:36 AM
WTF? This is madness.

Are they saying that the people that have to get the TWIC are being phased into the DOD? As in, working for the DOD?

All employment is going to be phased into DoD control under NORTHCOM.

Every job will have a color coded "priority index" assigned to it, that will in turn control the wages within that group and access to the job site.

Commuting distances, fuel used, benefits, work hours and schedules will all come under DoD control.

As things come apart at the seams, the new dynamic, the basis of the new economy, will become very simple: you be either a guard or a convict.

JohnJay
01-23-2009, 03:24 PM
. . . the new dynamic - you'll be either a guard or a convict.

Yes, just as in most - if not all - Revolutions that have come before . . .
whoever has the best guns most often wins, right ?

The courts are probably the only hope against the MIC, and should be aggressively pursued imho.

Deborah K
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM
All employment is going to be phased into DoD control under NORTHCOM.

Every job will have a color coded "priority index" assigned to it, that will in turn control the wages within that group and access to the job site.

Commuting distances, fuel used, benefits, work hours and schedules will all come under DoD control.

As things come apart at the seams, the new dynamic, the basis of the new economy, will become very simple: you be either a guard or a convict.

WTF??? How do we stop this? Tell me what I can do.

tron paul
01-23-2009, 04:15 PM

Get word out. Ride like Paul Revere. One if by land, two if by sea.

Write letters to the editor, run for local office, help the local CFL.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2009, 04:29 PM

I honestly don't think there is any way of stopping things now.

The trigger has been pulled.

Resistance, civil disobedience, general strikes and, finally, armed resistance.

I do not think that the current state of affairs is tenable any longer, and whatever emerges on the other side will be radically different from the current situation.

The best that can be done is to make sure that some portion of the land mass that is currently the USA ends up in the hands of people that value liberty.

lucius
01-23-2009, 08:44 PM
nightshift bump