PDA

View Full Version : Finally, somebody is doing something about this disgrace

joemiller
03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
As Jonathan Bydlak has mention in this thread, John McCain's campaign has made a mockery out of common decency when it come to fair campaign finance. He not only takes out a huge loan, using taxpayer matching funds as collateral, he has, apparently, abandoned all pretence of abiding by FEC spending requirements. In addition, he has used his "promise" to use FEC matching fund to gain ballot access in several states.

But apparently none of this means anything to anybody because the FEC can't meet due to a lack a quorum, due to a vacancy -- and this from the guy who co-authored campaign finance reform legislation!

Well, finally, somebody is doing something about this travesty of justice and filed a complaint with the FEC, and they are asking for support for their courageous action by simply signing their petition at:

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/petition/mccainfec.

Check it out.

It is this type of win-at-any-cost mantality that is destroying our democracy.

joe

Feelgood
03-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow, I just got goose bumps! I hope the bastard goes to prison! :) Wonder if Drudge will actually post a link to this? :rolleyes:

CurtisLow
03-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow, I just got goose bumps! I hope the bastard goes to prison! :)

+1

nodope0695
03-28-2008, 04:05 AM
signed it...I hope he burns.

JaylieWoW
03-28-2008, 06:55 AM
As Jonathan Bydlak has mention in this thread, John McCain's campaign has made a mockery out of common decency when it come to fair campaign finance. He not only takes out a huge loan, using taxpayer matching funds as collateral, he has, apparently, abandoned all pretence of abiding by FEC spending requirements. In addition, he has used his "promise" to use FEC matching fund to gain ballot access in several states.

But apparently none of this means anything to anybody because the FEC can't meet due to a lack a quorum, due to a vacancy -- and this from the guy who co-authored campaign finance reform legislation!

Well, finally, somebody is doing something about this travesty of justice and filed a complaint with the FEC, and they are asking for support for their courageous action by simply signing their petition at:

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/petition/mccainfec.

Check it out.

It is this type of win-at-any-cost mantality that is destroying our democracy.

joe

1. Co-authored campaign finance reform
2. Used PROMISE of using FEC funds for ballot access

These things absolutely DISGUST ME!! Mr. "so-called" Washington outsider is even worse than all the other candidates. Obviously the laws he helps create don't apply to him because he's so "honest". I really want to barf... signed the petition because it's the best thing I can think of to do right now.

speciallyblend
03-28-2008, 06:59 AM
bump,i signed.
Shouldn't we send this to every gop office as well as ron paul supporters and everyone;)

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 07:00 AM
I wrote, "We've gone from of the people, by the people to do as I say, not as I do. Not a republic. Not acceptable.

tajitj
03-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Signed.
I comment I gave them: I supported McCain because he had unquestionable integrity. It looks like he is breaking or manipulating the laws he helped create. Now the case for voting McCain seems lost.

Of course I never supported and always questioned his integrity

ConstitutionGal
03-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Signed it and sent it on. What the heck - we've got to do SOMETHING to get the word out about McAmnesty!

joemiller
03-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Obama also pledged to abide by FEC campaign finance guidelines. This isn't about how corrupt John McCain is, it's about how corrupt our present political system has become.

Both parties have been institutionalized by the moneyed interest in politics to such a degree, winning has become the all powerful end into itself. With the exception of Dr. Paul, this is the only real goal being pursued by the other presidential candidates. Their honor, their personal integrity, their sense of right or wrong, all have been suborn to the goal of winning.

I hope we can do everything we can to at least allow Dr. Paul the opportunity to be there offering his honor, his personal integrity and unwavering sense of right and wrong at the RNC convention so people can see what a real presidential candidate should look like, and to act further to carry his message on into the party itself after the election as executive committee men and women.

joe

slamhead
03-28-2008, 07:21 AM
I would like to know who paid for McCain's junket to the middle east recently.

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 07:23 AM

He's a sitting senator and, if I recall, on the armed services committee. Who do you think?

manny229
03-28-2008, 07:32 AM

We taxpayers of course..... but at least Lord Rothschild OM GBE and the Hon Nathaniel Rothschild hosted the fundraiser.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/14/AR2008031403897.html?sid=S

Sandra
03-28-2008, 07:49 AM
A signed online petition is not legal recourse. As a metter of fact, all you can do is offer a link to it. Petitions have to be physically signed with ink.

spacehabitats
03-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
A signed online petition is not legal recourse. As a metter of fact, all you can do is offer a link to it. Petitions have to be physically signed with ink.

Got some CNN coverage. That's a step toward a groundswell.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130634

joemiller
03-28-2008, 08:17 AM
A signed online petition is not legal recourse. As a matter of fact, all you can do is offer a link to it. Petitions have to be physically signed with ink.

They have requested our name and email address. Presumably, should the legal necessity arise, the petitions can be emailed to us. We, in turn, will sign and notarize them and send them back. However, I got the impression that their electronic name-collection request was simply a political means to demonstrate support for their cause.

Since the failure to fill the FEC vacancy lies squarely on the administration, we may call on Dr. Paul to address this failure at some point with a nominee of his own.

joe

ps: There are, in fact, legal ways to electronically sign a petition, although this particular website has not set itself up to do it properly.

armstrong
03-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I signed,,

belian78
03-28-2008, 09:22 AM
on another forum i brought this up, and someone said that a bank statement was released the same day proving he didnt do anything illegal, and that the democrats were lying. anyoen know anything about this?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
So, do you think it's too late to state a simular petition at www.StandAndUnite.com?
:cool:

Or maybe not even FEC related... this issue isn't his biggest disgrace!

rockandrollsouls
03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Is this actually going to work, or am I signing another useless petition?

mczerone
03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
on another forum i brought this up, and someone said that a bank statement was released the same day proving he didnt do anything illegal, and that the democrats were lying. anyoen know anything about this?

Your 'friends' get their news from a pile of crap.

Read the .pdf on the petition page: The only out McCain had in backing out of accepting fund was a 2003 case, where it was specifically allowed because, in that case, the promise of funds was not used a collateral for a loan.

Without that loan, McCain wouldn't have been able to spend anything in NH, and he would have dropped out or had to have accepted the matching funds, which would have been his death knell in running in the GOP.

He ran a Ponzi scheme that happened to work because he started winning, and then donations started coming in, so he cleared his bills at the end of the Quarter.

ronpaulhawaii
03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
signed.

Oh, the irony...

JS4Pat
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Added my name and invited 10 people who will most likely take the time to sign.

My Comment...
I am a conservative Republican and appalled at our presumptive nominee's disregard for the rule of law and his blatant hypocrisy!

Aratus
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
bump?

belian78
03-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Your 'friends' get their news from a pile of crap.

Read the .pdf on the petition page: The only out McCain had in backing out of accepting fund was a 2003 case, where it was specifically allowed because, in that case, the promise of funds was not used a collateral for a loan.

Without that loan, McCain wouldn't have been able to spend anything in NH, and he would have dropped out or had to have accepted the matching funds, which would have been his death knell in running in the GOP.

He ran a Ponzi scheme that happened to work because he started winning, and then donations started coming in, so he cleared his bills at the end of the Quarter.

LOL thanks for that. guess i shoulda read the PDF first, i responded in much the way you did, using some wording from the doc. the other person has yet to respond.

*oh, and he is far from being a 'friend' of mine.

Matthew P.
03-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Signed it . . .hope it actually accomplishes something - and in a prudent time frame (i.e. before the National Convention).

Rhys
03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Wow, I just got goose bumps! I hope the bastard goes to prison! :) Wonder if Drudge will actually post a link to this? :rolleyes:

who's drudge, and why do you guys always bring him up?

Rhys
03-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Is this actually going to work, or am I signing another useless petition?

if the FEC can't meet, a petition wont do jack. i still signed it. heh

Feelgood
03-28-2008, 08:39 PM
who's drudge, and why do you guys always bring him up?

Matt Drudge - biggest mover of info on the internet. People go there cuz he always gets the juiciest stuff first.

www. drudgereport . com

Sandra
03-28-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah, why are ya'll drudging him up again?

kyleAF
03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I signed it earlier today. Good to see it made its way onto the forums.

McCain should be fined the entire sum of money that he has exceeded the limit by. He should also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

Let's hope he gets shot down..............again!

Sandra
03-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I have been duped by thinking I was doing good by signing online petitions again and again. The truth is ...you did absolutely nothing exept fool yourselves into thinking you took action. That petition will sit on that site until deleted.

Banana
03-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I really really would prefer to sign it in ink and mail it to FEC via registered mail or something like that...

joemiller
03-29-2008, 06:50 AM
I really really would prefer to sign it in ink and mail it to FEC via registered mail or something like that...

Okay by me. Print it out. Sign it. Notarize it and send it in.

Here we have two presumptive nominees for the president of the United States telling the American people they can't be trusted, that they are both beholden to other powers, other interests. The way I see it, this is simply a way for us, the little people, to note our objection to this travesty of justice for the record.

joe