PDA

View Full Version : 15-Year-Old Killed For Not Passing Game

smartguy911
03-27-2008, 09:39 PM
When 15-year-old Olivier Baptiste refused to hand over the video game he was playing to his 18-year-old friend William Suarez, Suarez pulled out a .32-caliber Smith and Wesson from his waistband and shot Baptiste in the head. This according to police, who have charged the alleged killer with manslaughter, illegal possession of a firearm, assault with a dangerous weapon, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

http://kotaku.com/372878/15+year+old-killed-for-not-passing-game

yongrel
03-27-2008, 09:46 PM
And the questions that will invariably be asked are "Why was it so easy for him to get a gun?" and "Did the video games make him more violent?" when the real question is "Why was he that fucking stupid?"

Dr.3D
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow... so if I have to shoot somebody who breaks into my home, I'll get charged with discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling?

madengr
03-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Why is he being charged with manslaughter instead of murder?

NaT805
03-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow... so if I have to shoot somebody who breaks into my home, I'll get charged with discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling?

No, because you're authorized to use it protecting your home. However if you weren't authorized to use it then they would charge you with it, like that guy.

Dr.3D
03-27-2008, 11:45 PM
No, because you're authorized to use it protecting your home. However if you weren't authorized to use it then they would charge you with it, like that guy.

How about if I am sitting on my porch and shooting cans out in the yard?
I live out in the country and there is no law saying I can't use a firearm out here.

Do I still get charged with discharging a firearm withing 500 feet of a dwelling, even if it is my own home?

Doktor_Jeep
03-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Why is that posted here, as if WE have to answer for it?

If I have to worry about "somebody somewhere did something now you get a new law", then perhaps the love should be spread around. Next time a drunk runs over some kid, let everybody who has a car have to worry about a new law. Next time someone with a sports car (which are made to break the speed limit) does something wrong, all enthusiasts should have to worry. Next time some mother on antidepressants kills her kids, let all mothers on medication have to worry then. Next time some kid drowns in a pool, let all those who have pools have to worry.

Oh wait, you can't fight tyranny with sports cars, pools, and babies. So they get a pass.

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-31-2008, 06:36 AM

If I have to worry about "somebody somewhere did something now you get a new law", then perhaps the love should be spread around. Next time a drunk runs over some kid, let everybody who has a car have to worry about a new law. Next time someone with a sports car (which are made to break the speed limit) does something wrong, all enthusiasts should have to worry. Next time some mother on antidepressants kills her kids, let all mothers on medication have to worry then. Next time some kid drowns in a pool, let all those who have pools have to worry.

Oh wait, you can't fight tyranny with sports cars, pools, and babies. So they get a pass.

+1

orafi
03-31-2008, 08:23 AM

Amen!

And hell, get those suckers for choking on their food, and let all those who have food worry. And those who die of cancer? Let all those who carry any traits in their genetic makeup that ups their chances of cancer WORRY! And those who get their bike stolen by some drug addict who sells the parts to restock his supplies of hemp and etc, LET ALL THOSE WHO TEND TO LEAVE THEIR BIKES UNINTENDED FOR COUNTLESS MILLISECONDS WORRY! Because there will be laws to ban those things, and they will pay!

CountryboyRonPaul
03-31-2008, 04:17 PM

My thoughts exactly

nate895
03-31-2008, 04:43 PM

Remember, people don't kill, guns do. :p

Doktor_Jeep
04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Remember, people don't kill, guns do. :p

No.

Guns don't kill people.

I DO.

Guns are tools. WE are the weapon.

Time for Change
04-01-2008, 03:26 AM
I see it as...
Some pantywaist will come out and cry about how easy he illegally obtained the gun; which, will lead to yet another hoop legal purchasers will be required to jump through to purchase their own firearm.

The parents of the dead kid will try to sue the maker of the gun because they make it.
We had something similar here a few years back. This little asshole got disciplined in school, went home and stole a gun, came back and killed his teacher.
Interestingly enough, in the eyes of the kid’s parents and the media...the KID is the victim because he is black and the gun maker simply made the gun.
The family tried to sue the gun maker too.
The gene pool is getting shallower!

It is sickening that these idiot lawmakers and lobbyists can’t see the obvious...
Restricting legitimate sales does NOT prohibit this kind of stupid shit; they just keep us unable to defend against these dumbshits.

grrr...

revolutionman
04-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Banning guns doesn't make guns go away, it makes illegal guns more bountiful out on the streets where anyone can get one without a waiting period or lisense. Just like prohabition does to anything with a big demand among the people.

If you deny the people what they want, the same people who deliver our cocaine and heroin will be more than happy to swing by with a cargo container full of assault rifles, RPGs, and sub machine guns.

Suddenly a .32 seems like a pea shooter.

Just look at countries where guns are banned, you have decreased violence, but when you do have violence you have some nut swingin a friggin axe in the streets.

thuja
04-01-2008, 06:39 AM

you don't need to be authorized to use a gun in self defense at home, but you do in most states to carry it in public.

thuja
04-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Banning guns doesn't make guns go away, it makes illegal guns more bountiful out on the streets where anyone can get one without a waiting period or lisense. Just like prohabition does to anything with a big demand among the people.

If you deny the people what they want, the same people who deliver our cocaine and heroin will be more than happy to swing by with a cargo container full of assault rifles, RPGs, and sub machine guns.

Suddenly a .32 seems like a pea shooter.

Just look at countries where guns are banned, you have decreased violence, but when you do have violence you have some nut swingin a friggin axe in the streets.
if out of their mind people like this carry on killing people, we will all need to sharpen our axes. this sort of thing is always used to remove some more of our rights and freedoms.

Time for Change
04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
At the rate law makers are going, they will soon require permits on axes and long knives too.

Then an all out prohibition.