PDA

View Full Version : when will Ron Paul announce his choice for Vice Pres?

nc4rp
03-27-2008, 09:36 PM
it could have an impact if he announces it early, you know it will be a bombshell of some kind (a Vicebomb? - new word :D)

yongrel
03-27-2008, 09:52 PM
For some strange reason, I don't think it matters at this point.

Archie
03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Im gonna be honest with myself and say that it never really seemed like Ron Paul took full advantage of all the tools he could of used. Dont get me wrong Im so proud of what he did and infact he surpassed alot of people's small expectations and helped get the average american to think about some economic issues. With that said I do agree also that if Ron Paul flirted before super tuesday about who he might choose as a VP he might of had more Bang for his moneybomb bucks.

just my 2 cents dair:)

arKangel
03-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Allan Keyes would be a interesting VP choice...
Would be a great political move.

nc4rp
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
i have a uneducated hunch that it could be Sanford, Goldwater, Barr, or (YIKES) Gravel.

The One
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
I think the pundits would have a helluva time making fun of RP if he announced a choice for VP. That's assuming they'd pay any attention to it at all.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Allan Keyes would be a interesting VP choice...
Would be a great political move.

What's so great about a disgusting neo-con with a massive history of failure behind him? Keyes has lost every race he has ever run in, often by a landslide. I think Obama beat him with about 70% of the vote, since Keyes wasn't even an Illinois resident. Besides, he is quitting the GOP and joining the Constitution Party soon to run for their Presidential nomination.

I don't think Ron Paul will announce a Vice Presidential pick, because he doesn't believe he can win the nomination.

arKangel
03-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Allan Keyes:
#1 Is not what I would call a neocon, why would you say that?
(He is a constitutionalist.)
#2 Is in the same boat as Dr. Paul in that they are both ignored/shunned by the MSM.
#3 Both Dr. Paul and Mr. Keyes are potential nominees for the Constitution party.
#4 They see eye-to-eye on more issues than not.
#5 Just for speculation, For some reason I see this move getting at least some free press.

It was just an idea...
Right of hand I cannot think of an another who would garner more free press.
Besides, I am just suggesting Mr. Keyes for VP, not POS. :)

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Keyes is a huge supporter of the Iraq war, which is out of step with both Ron Paul and the Constitution Party. That makes him a neo-con, since he is fully aware of and supportive of the unjust war and the destruction of our sovereignty.

Rangeley
03-27-2008, 10:35 PM
You typically announce a VP choice after you have the nomination wrapped up. And by typically, I mean always. If Paul happens, by some chance, to pull out a win at the convention, then you could expect the announcement after that. It simply is not something that you do before its wrapped up, and certainly not something candidates do when they are behind. If anyone thinks this would get him any positive press at this point, they would be kidding themselves.

Bro.Butch
03-27-2008, 11:14 PM
You must have missed the PBS debate. Keyes is straitjacket material.

Allan Keyes:
#1 Is not what I would call a neocon, why would you say that?
(He is a constitutionalist.)
#2 Is in the same boat as Dr. Paul in that they are both ignored/shunned by the MSM.
#3 Both Dr. Paul and Mr. Keyes are potential nominees for the Constitution party.
#4 They see eye-to-eye on more issues than not.
#5 Just for speculation, For some reason I see this move getting at least some free press.

It was just an idea...
Right of hand I cannot think of an another who would garner more free press.
Besides, I am just suggesting Mr. Keyes for VP, not POS. :)

Don the advance man for Ron Paul’s debate appearances seems to have the same opinion of Keyes as I do…

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1357618&highlight=alan+keyes#post1357618

The CP or Ron would make a major blunder nominating Keyes.

arKangel
03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah I missed the PBS debate, what did he do?

It was just an idea, even if it was a bad one.
:(

Just Come Home
03-28-2008, 12:03 PM
i have a uneducated hunch that it could be Sanford, Goldwater, Barr, or (YIKES) Gravel.

If you think that he would pick Gravel, it's definitley an uneducated hunch...

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah I missed the PBS debate, what did he do?

It was just an idea, even if it was a bad one.
:(

No harm done. I can't blame you, there seem to be a fair number of people out there who think Keyes is okay just because he gets excluded like Ron Paul. The real reason is that he's an embarrassment to even the neo-cons, not because he has any significantly different or refreshing ideas. He's almost the same as, say, Romney or McCain, with the exception of having failed miserably in every election he's ever run in (unlike the ex-Governor and Senator).

IDefendThePlatform
03-28-2008, 01:24 PM
My current favorite VP candidate is Bob Barr, with Andrew Napolitano pre-announced as Attorney General. Of course, it would only matter if RP were to run third party. If he stays in the Republican party like he plans, then there is no reason to announce anything.

Truth Warrior
03-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey Ron, pick a black woman for veep. That oughta really stick it to the Dems. :D

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Ron, pick a black woman for veep. That oughta really stick it to the Dems. :D

LOL. It's too bad the only one that comes to mind who isn't a leftist is Condolezza Rice. Of course, I think we'd rather have the leftist compared to that neo-con monster. Incidentally, the Green Party is almost certain to pick former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney (a black woman) as their candidate this year.

Truth Warrior
03-28-2008, 02:06 PM
LOL. It's too bad the only one that comes to mind who isn't a leftist is Condolezza Rice. Of course, I think we'd rather have the leftist compared to that neo-con monster. Incidentally, the Green Party is almost certain to pick former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney (a black woman) as their candidate this year.
I'm kinda inclined to think that Ron just may know of several who would be qualified. :)

Archie
03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
If Ron Was To Pick a VP Id say he should Go with Pat Buchanan or heheh Tucker Carlson by having them two who pretty much agree with RP on 99% of the time they can also bring alot of sheepish Republican's to wake up out of there Neo-con trotskyist Dreaming . And Cynthia Mckinney is "Big Gov't" Minion in truth and no doubt a Red Diaper Doper Baby.

She may be anti-war but So are alot of leftist lunatics who in reality like they always do would just send the troops to Darfur or Bosnia in a second like in 1999. I laugh every time I hear A VP choice for Ron Paul as being someone who hates "small gov't" like Cynthia does and Kucinich,and so forth . I mean sure a VP dont have to be a Cookie cut out of Ron Paul but it wouldnt hurt would it LOL!!!!! and at the very least his VP should be a Soldier for Honest "small gov't" Like Say a Pat Buchanan is or Tucker Carlson is.

porcupine
03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
You don't pick a VP until you get nominated.

Truth Warrior
03-28-2008, 03:09 PM
You don't pick a VP until you get nominated.
I think that most of us here clearly understand that.

We's jist havin' som fun here, spekalatn'. :D

Archie
03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I think that most of us here clearly understand that.

We's jist havin' som fun here, spekalatn'. :D

yep pretty sure everyone here is just saying who they would like thats all .And Flirting with a VP choice would never hurt Ron Paul at all infact depending who he was flirting with before say Super Tuesday it could have been used to his advantage:)

The Dems flirting with VP's is hilarious especially Hillareek clintons mention of a "dream ticket" with OBummer . I would call that a "nightmare" ticket and just when you awake yourself out of your cold sweat you see John McCain as the frontrunner for 08 and remember the words in the movie the colour of money very vividly

"ITs like a Nightmare,it just keeps getting worse and worse!!!" :eek:

2008 Elections = "real nightmare's"

ninepointfive
03-28-2008, 06:44 PM
it will most likely be goldwater