PDA

View Full Version : **Delegates Must VOID McCain Wins**

FreedomFighter8008
03-27-2008, 08:00 PM
SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE. THIS RACE IS NOT OVER!!!

http://www.presstv.com/Detail.aspx?id=48815&sectionid=3510203

McCain 'breaks official spending cap'
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:37:12

Republican candidate John McCain
Republican presumptive nominee John McCain has ignored official campaign expenditure limits and has overspent millions in the primary.

According to spending reports filed last week by McCain's campaign, the Arizona senator has broken the limits set by the presidential public financing system.

Candidates such as McCain, who have committed to public financing, are only allowed to spend up to $54 million on the primary. McCain, however, spent $58.4 million.

This is while lawyers of the 71-year-old senator contend that the spending cap does not apply in the current situation.

They allege since the Republican hopeful announced after February 6's Super Tuesday victories that he would withdraw from the matching-funds program he had entered last year, the spending cap does not apply to him.

"The FEC regulations specifically state that candidates who do not receive public funding payments from the US Treasury are exempt from the primary spending ceiling," expounded one of his senior campaign officials.

Chairman of the commission David Mason, however, warned McCain last month that his withdrawal request had not yet been granted.

"McCain has 2 problems with this issue.

1: If the FEC allows Mccain to withdraw from FED matching funds he will be revoked from many delegates in states that he was able to be on the ballot without the required number of signatures therefore he will lose any delegates for him in those states.

2: If the FEC doesn't release him from matching funds he will be capped at 50 million dollars and will kill his run for president because he will not have the money to compete.

The problem is even more complicated than this. McCain used the matching funds eligibility to avoid having to collect signatures to qualify for ballot access in several states, including Ohio, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Those state wins must be voided according to most experts on the issue. That means he does not have the necessary delegates.

Ironic that it was his law (McCain-Feingold) that got him in this mess.
McCain broke the law...

I was one of the people that have addressed this and did so on record on the radio. You people can not wait for the FEC to rule on this.

The delegates in these states need to file the motion at their conventions for McCain to be revoked of all his delegates in those states for failure to comply with election ballot state law requirements.

Find out if your state allowed McCain to be on the ballot without obtaining petition signatures." -- Dr. Steve Parent

Conza88
03-27-2008, 08:17 PM
OMG! This is epic!

BoBoDuFlachi
03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
bump

orlandoinfl
03-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Dr. Steve Parent needs to get his site up and running already.

Signzit
03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
BUMP

this is huge!!!

Signzit
03-27-2008, 08:45 PM
MODS... Sticky?

JoeMac
03-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Let it be known.

christagious
03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Like it really matters, he's the annointed one for the party, he has the nomination no matter what. We could find out tomorrow that he was tag teaming some bitches from the Emperor's Club with Eliot and it still wouldn't matter.

But here's to hoping this does change something *raises glass in the air*

FreedomFighter8008
03-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Why was this moved here? This should be in with the other official news about the campaign. Hello? Mods?

BUMP!

RSLudlum
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Like it really matters, he's the annointed one for the party, he has the nomination no matter what. We could find out tomorrow that he was tag teaming some bitches from the Emperor's Club with Eliot and it still wouldn't matter.

But here's to hoping this does change something *raises glass in the air*

Yeah, but he BROKE HIS OWN DAMN LAW!!!

Give me liberty
03-27-2008, 10:09 PM
McCains...

EPIC FALL

robertwerden
03-27-2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/3/26/115057/233/498/484605

robertwerden
03-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh and this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/21/AR2008022103141_2.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2008022102994

If the FEC refuses McCain's request to leave the system, his campaign could be bound by a potentially debilitating spending limit until he formally accepts his party's nomination. His campaign has already spent $49 million, federal reports show. Knowingly violating the spending limit is a criminal offense that could put McCain at risk of stiff fines and up to five years in prison.

coyote_sprit
03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh and this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/21/AR2008022103141_2.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2008022102994

McCain has gotten used to spending time in prison cells.

robertwerden
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
This is going to be a topic at Saturdays convention here in Texas. Oh yes, I am a delegate.

Oh and instead of sitting here go spread the word. I just email the Ron Paul campaign and urged them to issue a press release on this.

RSLudlum
03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/3/26/115057/233/498/484605

signed it and passed along ;)

robertwerden
03-27-2008, 10:36 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/27/liberal-bloggers-file-complaint-over-mccains-spending/

NaT805
03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
ownage

Signzit
03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
signed it and passed along ;)

'' ''

INforRP
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Bump

bucfish
03-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Signed

Highstreet
03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE. THIS RACE IS NOT OVER!!!

http://www.presstv.com/Detail.aspx?id=48815&sectionid=3510203

McCain 'breaks official spending cap'
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:37:12

Republican candidate John McCain
Republican presumptive nominee John McCain has ignored official campaign expenditure limits and has overspent millions in the primary.

According to spending reports filed last week by McCain's campaign, the Arizona senator has broken the limits set by the presidential public financing system.

Candidates such as McCain, who have committed to public financing, are only allowed to spend up to $54 million on the primary. McCain, however, spent $58.4 million.

This is while lawyers of the 71-year-old senator contend that the spending cap does not apply in the current situation.

They allege since the Republican hopeful announced after February 6's Super Tuesday victories that he would withdraw from the matching-funds program he had entered last year, the spending cap does not apply to him.

"The FEC regulations specifically state that candidates who do not receive public funding payments from the US Treasury are exempt from the primary spending ceiling," expounded one of his senior campaign officials.

Chairman of the commission David Mason, however, warned McCain last month that his withdrawal request had not yet been granted.

"McCain has 2 problems with this issue.

1: If the FEC allows Mccain to withdraw from FED matching funds he will be revoked from many delegates in states that he was able to be on the ballot without the required number of signatures therefore he will lose any delegates for him in those states.

2: If the FEC doesn't release him from matching funds he will be capped at 50 million dollars and will kill his run for president because he will not have the money to compete.

The problem is even more complicated than this. McCain used the matching funds eligibility to avoid having to collect signatures to qualify for ballot access in several states, including Ohio, Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Those state wins must be voided according to most experts on the issue. That means he does not have the necessary delegates.

Ironic that it was his law (McCain-Feingold) that got him in this mess.
McCain broke the law...

I was one of the people that have addressed this and did so on record on the radio. You people can not wait for the FEC to rule on this.

The delegates in these states need to file the motion at their conventions for McCain to be revoked of all his delegates in those states for failure to comply with election ballot state law requirements.

Find out if your state allowed McCain to be on the ballot without obtaining petition signatures." -- Dr. Steve Parent

It would be interesting to see a state like mine, Ohio, release the Delegates from any sense of obligation to vote for McCain in St Paul. They are already "unbound" officially, but it would be a further embarrassment to McCain and officially undermine his "coronation".

Patriot123
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh PLEASE. Do ANY OF YOU really think that he's going to get in trouble? He could spend over by a billion, with a b, and he still wouldn't get in trouble. He's the anointed nominee, and nothing is going to change that. If there's one damn thing any of you have learned from this movement, it's that the law NEVER applies to politicians or prominent people in this country, ever. Did it apply to Bush? Absolutely not. And he won the election. Only difference is that mcCain is 'unelectable.'
Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, his request for withdrawal was granted a while back. That article is mis-leading unless I'm wrong. Don't know how credible that website is, so.... But I'm almost 100% sure his request for withdrawal was granted.

robertwerden
03-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh PLEASE. Do ANY OF YOU really think that he's going to get in trouble? He could spend over by a billion, with a b, and he still wouldn't get in trouble. He's the anointed nominee, and nothing is going to change that. If there's one damn thing any of you have learned from this movement, it's that the law NEVER applies to politicians or prominent people in this country, ever. Did it apply to Bush? Absolutely not. And he won the election. Only difference is that mcCain is 'unelectable.'
Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, his request for withdrawal was granted a while back. That article is mis-leading unless I'm wrong. Don't know how credible that website is, so.... But I'm almost 100% sure his request for withdrawal was granted.

McCain sent in the request to with draw his matching funds request after super tuesday. This is a month after he was informed that the quorum was 2 people shy of being able to grant his request. So on that point you are not correct.

Politicians get into trouble and go to jail all the time. McCain sent lots of them to jail. So on that point you are not correct

The article is spot on the money and not misleading. The only misleading part is when they spin it and blame liberals for shaking the hornets nest when clearly we are the ones shaking and we are conservatives.

The Article was first covered by Associated Press and picked up later by them as well as Washington post, CNN, etc. This has been an ongoing story since Feb. We had to wait for McCains FEC filings before we could legally make a case against him.

Look at it from my point of view. There is only 2 men left in the Republican race. Ron Paul said he was staying in till the end, because you never know what could happen. He even said there could be a scandal wit McCain.

A scandal with McCain can force him out of the race. Why else would Ron Paul say that unless he knew the parties rules would be his ticket to the nomination by default.

Wake up and stop treating this as if it a silly conspiracy. This is a real life verified criminal action willingly perpetrated by John McCain.

Patriot123
03-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Meh... I'll do some research, but I'll take your word for it tonight at the dinner table :p But do keep in mind that Romney is still in it. He only suspended his campaign. He didn't drop out. But even then, McCain will likely not get in trouble... You and I both know that... I mean, really. Do you really think the Republican Party will allow McCain to go, knowing that Ron Paul is next up? :/

FreedomFighter8008
03-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Bump

FreedomFighter8008
03-29-2008, 10:36 AM
This is really important. Mods, can we get a sticky?

moostraks
03-30-2008, 03:10 AM
***Bump***

VoteForRonPaul
03-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Why was this moved here? This should be in with the other official news about the campaign. Hello? Mods?

BUMP!
Hello buddy, this is called Liberty :D

HOLLYWOOD
03-30-2008, 05:03 PM

A PREFECT example of the SOP for Politicians inside the BELTWAY... It's called:

Hypocrites/Hypocrisy!

FYI:

http://www.hypocrites.com/ (http://www.hypocrites.com/)

mucha info :rolleyes:

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-31-2008, 06:42 AM

You can say that again, brudder. I honestly don't know how anyone could predict jail time for McCain. Those people have a long history of not being held accountable for their crimes, and a campaign finance violation must be nothing compared to everything else they get away with. If anything, someone will make an issue of this in the general election, but likely not before then.

FreedomFighter8008
03-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Bump!

Bradley in DC
03-31-2008, 05:45 PM

-- Dr. Steve Parent

Yet one more example of Dr. Steve Parent having no idea what he's talking about regarding delegates and ballot access. Who are his unnamed "experts" from whom he gets his info?

Eg, in Ohio, one gets ballot access by merely demonstrating eligibility for matching funds--not having to accept them. Had the Paul campaign merely done this, they would not have wasted so many volunteer hours circulating ballot petitions.

Nothing in this posts comes close to a path to void McCain wins. Nothing to see here, move along.

Banana
03-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Yet one more example of Dr. Steve Parent having no idea what he's talking about regarding delegates and ballot access. Who are his unnamed "experts" from whom he gets his info?

Eg, in Ohio, one gets ballot access by merely demonstrating eligibility for matching funds--not having to accept them. Had the Paul campaign merely done this, they would not have wasted so many volunteer hours circulating ballot petitions.

Nothing in this posts comes close to a path to void McCain wins. Nothing to see here, move along.

I thought I posted in this already but maybe there's lot ditto threads so I'll just repost.

I personally think it's more worthwhile to pass a resolution stating that McCain has put Republican party in a untenable position of having to vote for someone who willfully broke the FEC laws by going over on the spending caps, even though he got the letter from FEC stating that he couldn't withdraw without the permission.

The infraction is more clear-cut and nobody can argue against this- the numbers are on FEC reports for everyone to see and would be much more effective in making other delegates think twice if they really want to endorse McCain as a nominee, even if they may not want to vote for Paul.

Pepper
04-01-2008, 11:38 PM

They violate the Constitution daily without batting an eyelash. It will be great when Ron is inaugurated since the rule of law will be reinstated. That is one of the biggest benefits of Ron winning this nomination.

The rasmussan poll done showed that Ron would beat the dem if nominated and McCain would not. That alone is reason enough to get the delegates for other candidates to switch. McCain just has too much baggage. :eek:

FreedomFighter8008
04-03-2008, 03:31 PM
bump

CurtisLow
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
http://firedoglake.com/2008/04/01/delivery-of-32000-cosignatures-to-fec-complaint-against-mccain-video/

nmlifestyles
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Bump Bump Bump

Carson
04-22-2008, 07:12 AM
OMG! This is epic!

It could be if the the government officials were ever held accountable to any of the laws they have created.