PDA

View Full Version : Bush-lover McCain walking out on Bush

LEK
03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Bush-lover McCain walking out on Bush

In a sudden turn of events, Republican Bush-faithful Senator John McCain is distancing himself from the US president's go-it-alone approach.

In a Wednesday speech at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council, the presidential hopeful said just because he embraces US President George W. Bush's foreign policy goals does not mean he supports his go-it-alone tactics.

"Our great power does not mean we can do whatever we want whenever we want, nor should we assume we have all the wisdom and knowledge necessary to succeed," said the 71-year-old Republican.

The Arizona senator called for stronger ties with allies and stressed that the United States must lead by 'attracting others to our cause' and 'defending the rules of international civilized society'.

"We need to listen - we need to listen to the views and respect the will of our allies," he asserted, calling himself a 'realistic idealist'.

The unexpected change-of-position comes as the Republican candidate has recently touted Bush's policies on various occasions, saluting him as 'a leader that has made this world a better, safer, freer place'.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=49205&sectionid=3510203

It's time to push the GLOBAL agenda...

satchelmcqueen
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, like he really means any of that. Sounds to me like hes trying to copy Ron Paul. Many people wont remember McCain laughed at paul hard when paul also said in debates these same things. Hes just lying again to further his campaign. If he was a real man, he would debate Paul.

Signzit
03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah, like he really means any... If he was a real man, he would debate Paul.

Everyone knows, that knows- McShame is a coward!

he started out as a coward and will end a coward. just ask his POW buddies. see what they say.

notcarljung
03-27-2008, 07:49 PM
"Our great power does not mean we can do whatever we want whenever we want, nor should we assume we have all the wisdom and knowledge necessary to succeed,"

I agree with that. Now why doesn't John McCain agree with it?

slacker921
03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
.. he doesn't.. he just read it off of the teleprompter (http://youtube.com/watch?v=RchTs7JQltI).

LEK
03-28-2008, 02:59 PM

Thought the same when I read it. The little voice in my head answered, "Because he's a liar."