PDA

View Full Version : Passport RFID chips probably hacked by Chinese

New York For Paul
03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Now every terrorist in the world may have a fake US passport with the RFID chip.

A new front page story in the Washington Times by Bill Gertz.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080327/NATION/119767500/1002/NATION

Dr.3D
03-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I was wondering how long before somebody came up with fake RFID chips.

New York For Paul
03-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Are they going to put these chips in the Real ID?

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Are they going to put these chips in the Real ID?

I thought that's what RFID stood for--Real Fake Identification. And people wonder why I refuse to give up my fifteen year old cell phone and have no Pikepass. Find me if you can...

angelatc
03-28-2008, 08:40 AM
"It is just plain irresponsible to jeopardize the gold standard in document security ..." -

Keynesian security!

Why is this a big deal? Isn't China our friend?

acptulsa
03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
"It is just plain irresponsible to jeopardize the gold standard in document security ..." -

Keynesian security!

Why is this a big deal? Isn't China our friend?

You may have hit on something there. "Ron Paul, the Gold Standard for Politicians!"

Not just the politician for the gold standard, mind you, but the other way around as well. Just look at that voting record!

New York For Paul
03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
What is really amazing is that we outsource a secure document to the counterfeit capitol of the world, Thailand and Southeast Asia.

We are asking for trouble there.

LittleLightShining
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
What is really amazing is that we outsource a secure document to the counterfeit capitol of the world, Thailand and Southeast Asia.

We are asking for trouble there.
Seriously. There was an article in my local newspaper not too long ago about digital picture frames from China infecting computers with viruses. This is a fiasco waiting to happen.

I am sooo surprised that congressman in states that have micro-chip manufacturing haven't really stepped up their game. This is more than just an accounting oversight. It's a national security nightmare. Economy tanking? Unemployment skyrocketing? I got it-- let's ship government contracts to Thailand!

Dr.3D
03-28-2008, 02:20 PM
So let me see if I understand this correctly.
The United States Department of Homeland Security is worried terrorists will come into our country so they employ a foreign entity to build the security key used to keep this from happening.

That is tantamount to the farmer giving the fox the key to the hen house so he can make a copy to give back to the farmer.