PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin Answers Questions

Stallion
03-27-2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.millerpolitics.com/6/post/2008/03/baldwin-answers-questions.html

Rev. Chuck Baldwin is the pastor of the Crossroad Baptist Church of Pensacola, Florida, and the host of the Chuck Baldwin Live radio program. In 2004 Baldwin was nominated as the vice presidential candidate of the Constitution Party.

Rev. Baldwin has answered these questions for Miller Politics:

MP: "The Constitution Party convention is just about a month away and as of March 22 Dr. Don Don Grundmann is the only announced candidate recognized by the party, why do you think there has not been a more active campaign for the nomination?"

Baldwin: "Don Grundmann is a fine man. And there is much interest in the CP nomination by several outstanding Americans. I believe the CP will have a very attractive candidate come convention time."

MP: "Alan Keyes has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the nomination but is his foreign policy going to be acceptable to the members of the Constitution Party?"

Baldwin: "Alan Keyes and I are friends. I believe Dr. Keyes needs to clarify his foreign policy positions for the party. And I am sure he will be able to successfully accomplish that task. He is a great American and, in my opinion, has the potential to be a great candidate for our party."

MP: "Former Rep. Bob Barr is considering running for the Libertarian Party presidential nomination, do you think Barr would make a good president?"

Baldwin: "I know Bob Barr personally. I like him very much. On policy issues, we agree on many, if not most, issues. He had a stellar voting record as a member of Congress. I think he would would be a very attractive candidate for the Libertarian Party."

MP: "Do you think the Constitution Party will really have a chance at winning the general election?"

Baldwin: "In the providence of God, all things are possible. I wonder what Abraham Lincoln would have said to that question in early 1860? More and more people from all over the political spectrum are turned off (especially this year) by both the Democrat and Republican parties. The time is right for the emergence of a new party. I believe the Constitution Party could be that party."

MP: "Your name has been mentioned by Constitution Party Chairman Jim Clymer as a possible presidential candidate, are you considering running?"

Baldwin: "I am very honored that anyone would suggest that I should be considered as the CP presidential candidate. There are many great people in our party that, in my opinion, are much more qualified than I am. I have always tried to be open to God's will. At this time, however, I have no inclination that this is God's will for me."