PDA

View Full Version : V is for Ventura

jason43
03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Check out the new Avatar

We need to get Jesse to run!

acptulsa
03-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Here I clicked because I thought you were talking about Pontiacs. I was about to ask if you meant the two door version of the Star Chief, or just the Nova.

MRoCkEd
03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't think he'll end up running, but if he does, we will probably find out this week

Aratus
03-28-2008, 05:39 AM
a neatly clever slogan!

jason43
03-28-2008, 05:57 AM
I don't think he'll end up running, but if he does, we will probably find out this week

Someone posted yesterday the events he is doing to promote his new book, "Don't start the Revolution without me"... which is an oddly coincidental name this election cycle. Makes me wonder if he is a Paulista...

And you're right, if he is going to run, he will announce it while promoting the book.

If you havent seen it, check out the video with him and Donny Deutch from CNBC (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2005121674828394003&q=jesse+ventura&total=263&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6).

MRoCkEd
03-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Someone posted yesterday the events he is doing to promote his new book, "Don't start the Revolution without me"... which is an oddly coincidental name this election cycle. Makes me wonder if he is a Paulista...

And you're right, if he is going to run, he will announce it while promoting the book.

If you havent seen it, check out the video with him and Donny Deutch from CNBC (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2005121674828394003&q=jesse+ventura&total=263&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6).
yeah: i posted these from dick russell's site (book's co-author)

Jesse Ventura will talk about his new book:

April 1 - Live with Larry King, CNN
April 2 - Alex Jones Show, syndicated radio 12:00 - 1:00 PM EST
April 2 - Thom Hartmann Program, Air America radio 2:00 PM EST
April 2 - Brad Davis Program, syndicated radio 9:10 AM EST
April 2 - Scott Leffler Show, syndicated radio 10:10 AM EST
April 2 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble, Santa Monica, CA 7:00 PM
April 3 - Alan Colmes coast-to-coast radio, 10:15 PM EST
April 3 - Monday Night Mayhem radio interview, 9:30 PM EST
April 4 - CNN, Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer 5:00 PM EST
April 5 - Book-signing, Book Soup, West Hollywood, CA 2 - 4 PM
April 5 - Johns on Sports, WTBQ radio interview, 7:45 PM EST
April 5 - CNN News Room, 10 PM EST
April 7 - Comedy Central, the Colbert Report
April 8 - The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, MSNBC-TV
11:30 AM or 12:30 PM EST
April 8 - Opie & Anthony Show, syndicated radio 8:00-9:00 AM EST
April 8 - Michael Mejido Show, WOR Radio NY, 10 AM EST
April 8 - Steve Malsbury Show, WOR Radio NY, 4:05 pm EST
April 8 - CNN's Campbell Brown Show, 7:40 PM EST
April 8 - Fox News Channel "On the Record
with Greta Van Susteren," 10 - 11 PM EST
April 9 - Hannity & Colmes, Fox News Channel, 9-10 PM EST
April 10 - WERS-FM, Boston interview 4:05 PM EST
April 10 - Book-Signing: 6:30 pm, Book Ends Bookstore,
232 East Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood, NJ.
April 11 - Fox Business News with Neil Cavuto 4 PM EST
April 11 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble, Route 3, Clifton, NJ 7:30/8 PM EST
April 17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live
May 15 - Minnesota Public Radio 12:00 PM
May 15 - Book-Signing, The Mall of America, Minnespolis, 6:00 PM
May 16 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble 8040 Wedgewood Lane,
Maple Grove, Minnesota 7:00 PM

Athan
03-28-2008, 05:22 PM
I think he should run 2008. That would give us a chance to get behind him.

MRoCkEd
03-28-2008, 07:01 PM
in the off chance that he does run this year, we will find out in a few days

xd9fan
03-30-2008, 09:42 AM
We need to get Jesse to run!
jesse is a thin skinned moron....and in the end......he was.......just another big Govt liberal....in love....with himself.

sorry

CountryboyRonPaul
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Well I didn't know to much about Ventura, so I wikipedia'd him, and even though I despise the idea of having a proffessional wrestler as President, I liked enough of what I saw to say I would consider voting for him if he ran...

...Seeing as I can't consider voting for any of the three "front runner" stooges we have running now. :(

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura#Political_career

"Political positions

Ventura's main campaign promise was a tax refund to Minnesota residents. The state was running a budget surplus at the time, and Ventura believed that the money should be given back to the public. In political debates, he often admitted that he had not formed an opinion on certain policy questions. Sharing many views with libertarians, Ventura frequently described himself as "fiscally conservative and socially liberal." He selected teacher Mae Schunk as his running mate. His participation in the 1998 Minnesota Governor debates boosted his popularity as a candidate.

Later as governor, he came to support a unicameral (one-house) legislature, light rail public transport, property tax reform, gay rights, and abortion rights. While funding public school education generously, he opposed the teachers' union, and did not have a high regard for the public funding of higher-education institutions. Additionally, Ventura supported the use of medicinal marijuana, advocated a higher role for third parties in national politics, and favored the concept of instant-runoff voting.

Lacking a party base in the Minnesota House and Senate, Governor Ventura's vetoes were often overridden.

Ventura was elected on a Reform party ticket, but he never received support from Ross Perot's Texas faction. When the Reform party was taken over by Pat Buchanan supporters before the presidential elections of 2000, Ventura left the party in February 2000, referring to it as 'hopelessly dysfunctional'. However, he maintained close ties to the Independence Party of Minnesota, which also broke from the Reform party around the same time."

"Controversies as Governor

[edit] "Drunken Irishmen" remark
During his term, Ventura made an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman, in which he responded controversially to the question posed by Letterman, "So which is the better city of the Twin Cities, Minneapolis or St. Paul?". Ventura responded, "Minneapolis. Those streets in St. Paul must have been designed by drunken Irishmen". He later apologized for the remark, adding that it was not intended to be taken seriously.[9]

[edit] Pledge of Allegiance
Ventura vetoed a bill to require recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools, saying:

"I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their patriotism through their actions, by their choice. No law will make a citizen a patriot".[10]

[edit] Cuba
After a trade mission to China in 2002, he announced that he would not run for a second term as governor of Minnesota. During another trade mission to Cuba in the summer of 2002, he denounced the economic sanctions of the US against that country.[11]

[edit] The media
Ventura enjoyed an arduous relationship with the local media. He referred to them as "media jackals," a term that even appeared on the required press passes to enter the governor's press area.[14] He accused the media of unfairly hounding him and his family for personal behaviors and beliefs while neglecting coverage of important policy issues. Later, Ventura told a reporter for The Boston Globe that he would have run for a second term if he had been single, referencing the media's effect on his family life.[15]

[edit] Statements on prostitution
In one of his books, Ventura mentions a visit to a prostitute near Reno, Nevada and he admitted to visiting brothels in the Philippines while serving in the military. Ventura has publicly stated that prostitution should be legal, since it will exist in any case, and legal controls protecting the health of clients and workers are needed.[16] He said "I voted in hopes to make prostitution legal once, and I'd do it again in a second".[17] He admitted to trading a belt made of gun cartridge cases in exchange for 10 dollars plus the services of a prostitute in Nevada during his younger days."

Joseph Hart
03-30-2008, 01:09 PM
LOL I thought you meant Ace Ventura, aka Jim Carrey. Jenny McCarthy and him are a great couple. :) Its like a Libertarian's Idols.

tajitj
03-30-2008, 03:34 PM
If he does not announce he is running Tuesday on Larry King then he will not do it.

Gadsden Flag
03-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Hell no

MRoCkEd
03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
If he does not announce he is running Tuesday on Larry King then he will not do it.
obviously larry will ask about it
either he will say he is running, or it isn't worth it for his family (unfortunately, more likely he won't run)

Bruno
03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
If he does announce on Larry King Live, it will be on April Fool's Day!! :eek: