PDA

View Full Version : Texas GOP Rule 43 and Proposed Changes

weslinder
03-27-2008, 08:32 AM
I know that this is kinda a small thing, but I have been in my county's Resolution Committee the past couple of days, and I really like this idea. The last rule adopted by the Texas GOP is Rule #43, which requires that all candidates that file as a Republican in Texas be given a copy of the State party platform, and a questionaire of whether that candidate supports, does not support, or is undecided for each plank, with room for explanation. It has no teeth requiring that it be returned.

We are submitting resolutions, and will appear before the Rules Committee demanding that this be a part of the filing process to file as a Republican. This information will then be available through press releases and online.

We expect to face resistance from those who want the Texas GOP to be the "Big Tent" Party, but since the Texas GOP platform is pretty good, and improving, we think this is a really good step.

For reference, here are the Texas GOP rules: http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/2006_General_Rules.pdf?docID=2041