PDA

View Full Version : THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY!!! a poll!!!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 08:16 AM
i'd like to know if people here are libertarians or potential libertarians,
if mike gravel and bob barr REALLY want the nomination, and if the
libertarian party is open to quite a few people running for the same
said nomination, of this informal list, who would you happily vote for?

1.] BOB BARR

2.] MIKE GRAVEL

3.] ROSS PEROT

4.] JESSE VENTURA

5.] RAND PAUL

6.] JOSH ROMNEY

7.] VERN McKINLEY

8.] DENNIS KUCINICH

9.] FRED THOMPSON

10.] JIM OGONOWSKI

11.] ED BROOKE

12.] RUSSEL MEANs

13.] Mrs. LINDA HUNNICUTT,

~~~THE VENERABLE PERSON
WHO IS THE HEART AND SOUL of
http://www.grannywarriors.com/

14.] DAVE RYAN

15.] BARRY GOLDWATER jr.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 08:40 AM
lets do a thought exercise... lets say RON PAUL has this here HQ press release
before, during or after the convention in SEPTEMBER and he HONESTLY says he will
not actively campaign for the presidency this november, how many of you would
write him in on a libertarian party ballot or ballot in the general election? i've even
included RAND PAUL in my above ballot, under the assumption he's a way to dodge
G.O.P jove~aspected jolts and bolts of displeasure from the "heathen" national committee!!!!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 08:43 AM
huckabee who wants to run in 2012 won't run for the libertarians.
ron paul i think is a newtonian I.D person... a la ol' sir isaac!!!
josh romney is perhaps correct... there were these gold plates...
i am uncertain if anyone in my list is an atheist. at least they are deists.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 08:44 AM
bob barr at times unseperates james madison's seperation of church and state?

Aratus
03-27-2008, 08:46 AM
...and if i've forgotten people, some do up a new poll!

OptionsTrader
03-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Voted Ron Paul and Goldwater for VP.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 08:52 AM
alan keyes also is an afterthought thought!

new informal tally, ONE vote for RON PAUL!!!

torchbearer
03-27-2008, 09:03 AM
you forgot Mary Ruward.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Mary Ruward

Alan Keyes

RON PAUL

Aratus
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM
people are voting! yay! you also can do write in votes via a keyboard!

Kade
03-27-2008, 09:53 AM
You left out the single greatest candidate to ever walk this Earth, Steve Kubby (http://www.kubby2008.com/node/8).

My suspicion that many people on these boards have no idea what a Libertarian really is, is growing.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Steve Kubby
Alan Keyes
Mary Ruward

Kade, yes!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 09:58 AM
russell means once ran in the LP!

Shink
03-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Ron Paul w/Ross Perot as a sugardaddy, and someone else as VP. Maybe Gravel, just to tempt a lot of crossover votes from Dems.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
i see Rand Paul as having an early lead!
will his father's write-ins be greater than
Rand Paul's votes in this informal poll???

TWO RON PAUL WRITE-INs!!!!!!!

IM2L844
03-27-2008, 10:09 AM
i'd like to know if people here are libertarians or potential libertarians
Ron Paul's position on abortion is diametrically opposed to the official Libertarian Parties position. It's a clear deal breaker.

A person either agrees with Ron Paul on this or they don't. Those who fully agree with Ron Paul on this issue, can't, in good conscience, maintain their integrity while casting a vote that even indirectly supports that plank of the Libertarian Party's official platform.

I fully support all of Ron Paul's positions.

I am a staunch Paleo-Conservative Republican. Constitutional rights begin at conception.

If I were to vote across party lines, it would be for the Constitution Party's candidate. (Chief Justice Roy Moore & Alan Keyes both have good chances of being nominated)

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
the numbers in my poll are sorta weird in terms of percentages! move over diebold!
i admit i did allow several votes as one of the options, and yes, i might do a new poll!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
chuck baldwin from florida and this is not the guy donald trump just fired? a new name?

Aratus
03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
rand paul and barry goldwater junior just both recieved a new vote! people are voting!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 11:45 AM
another vote for bob barr... people are voting!

the votes so far, a wheat from chaff experiament!

jason43
03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
All right... who voted for Kusinich?

The guy is in no way a libertarian... he wants to nationalize... you know, everything.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
i am not talking and actually i didn't even though i sorta liked his true grit during the debates.
i voted for the nice lady who goes about in this here van, who likes to namedrop RON PAUL!!!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
i'd run "grannywarriors" herself if i could!

Kludge
03-27-2008, 01:07 PM
None of the above ^ ^

However, if we could somehow get the DNA of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and Murray Rothbard together for a mergy-cloney thingy....

I'd vote for that person

JMann
03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
The problem with the LP is that it is controlled by the most radical libertarians in the country. These folks would rather muddle around out of power, pointing fingers and complaining than actually trying to govern which requires the ability to moderate your views, no matter how right you think you are. The LP is in dire need of a new direction and someone that think the only way to be pure in your beliefs is to hold the most extreme libertarian views.

Many of the candidates on the list would help bring the LP more into the American mainstream but as long as the party remains in control by the lunatic fringe it will remain an asterisk in American politics and not even mentioned in government.

Kade
03-27-2008, 02:29 PM
None of the above ^ ^

However, if we could somehow get the DNA of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and Murray Rothbard together for a mergy-cloney thingy....

I'd vote for that person

Leonard Peikoff and David D. Friedman?

Those two combined offer everything the previous three did...

notcarljung
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Mary Ruwart. The greatest! next to RP of course. heh. If only she was electable..... *sighs*

Stallion
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Josh Romney??

Stallion
03-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Ron Paul's position on abortion is diametrically opposed to the official Libertarian Parties position. It's a clear deal breaker.

A person either agrees with Ron Paul on this or they don't. Those who fully agree with Ron Paul on this issue, can't, in good conscience, maintain their integrity while casting a vote that even indirectly supports that plank of the Libertarian Party's official platform.

I fully support all of Ron Paul's positions.

I am a staunch Paleo-Conservative Republican. Constitutional rights begin at conception.

If I were to vote across party lines, it would be for the Constitution Party's candidate. (Chief Justice Roy Moore & Alan Keyes both have good chances of being nominated)

Chuck Baldwin is the best choice for the CP. I hope they don't give it to Keyes.

Stallion
03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh and why is Fred Thompson on this list??

Aratus
03-28-2008, 05:20 AM
somehow seeing his daddy spend 42 million dollars of his own money
might sorta turn the bright young man into a fiscal conservative...methinks

fred thompson is a better actor than mitt romney was! and mitt romney is
a better actor than the star of "bedtime for bonzo" ever was! the gipper flic
and "kings row" with the late claude rains are two films where reagan sorta
acts a tad. for the longest time he was a radio voice person in my book!
and now i get to once again go down memory lane about the image that
someone did a rather clever photoshop and/or avid workstation session to!
did you all know about http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/S/e/1/mccain_citizen_mccain.jpg
the ironclad contract orson welles had that prevented ted turner from colorizing?
oh our splendid lil' war... "You provide the pictures, i'll provide the WAR!"
so it goes... the line from the flic! ...and yes, orson co-wrote the screenplay!

!

Aratus
03-28-2008, 05:31 AM
informal tally ---

i see rand paul, bob barr, barry goldwater jr
and jesse ventura bandwagons now forming!
there are hopes kucinich can do likewise!!!!

jason43
03-28-2008, 06:17 AM
The problem with the LP is that it is controlled by the most radical libertarians in the country. These folks would rather muddle around out of power, pointing fingers and complaining than actually trying to govern which requires the ability to moderate your views, no matter how right you think you are. The LP is in dire need of a new direction and someone that think the only way to be pure in your beliefs is to hold the most extreme libertarian views.

Many of the candidates on the list would help bring the LP more into the American mainstream but as long as the party remains in control by the lunatic fringe it will remain an asterisk in American politics and not even mentioned in government.

+1

This is exactly my thoughts on the LP.

For now, my prayers lie on Ventura running on an independent ticket, or on you crazy bastards somehow tossing McWarmonger out at the convention.

Aratus
03-28-2008, 11:24 AM
agreed! if its ONLY mccain or ventura, do vote ventura!
i think dr. ron paul wants us to teach mccain a lesson!

Aratus
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
practice what you preach!

Kludge
03-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Leonard Peikoff and David D. Friedman?

Those two combined offer everything the previous three did...

Peikoff seems a bit full of himself at times, but I'd still vote for him. Great ideas and generally offers unthought of ways to more efficiently put the ideas into practice.

I'm not familiar with David Friedman.... Milton's son???

Kade
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Peikoff seems a bit full of himself at times, but I'd still vote for him. Great ideas and generally offers unthought of ways to more efficiently put the ideas into practice.

I'm not familiar with David Friedman.... Milton's son???

David Friedman is Milton's son. He wrote the Machinery of Freedom, a manifesto of sorts for anarcho-capitalism. I don't agree with him. I've only read the book once, and I was not convinced. It is still considered a must read.

jason43
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
agreed! if its ONLY mccain or ventura, do vote ventura!
i think dr. ron paul wants us to teach mccain a lesson!

Its more about their ideas. Ventura is more in line with Ron's political views and isn't afraid to tell the truth.

Watch (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2005121674828394003&q=jesse+ventura&total=274&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6)

For all you truthers, Ventura also was interviewed by my favorite asshat, Alex Jones and said he was skeptical about 9/11. Its on youtube.

MRoCkEd
03-28-2008, 02:53 PM
really, one of the few major different things about ventura is that he is pro-choice

Aratus
04-01-2008, 08:03 AM
bob barr, barry goldwater jr. as well as rand paul have bandwagons
almost neck to neck on the stretch, with jesse ventura in a distant 4th...

leaving in the dust dennis kucinich with two votes... as well as single votes for
mike gravel and linda hunnicutt!!! this is where i do up a new poll or two rather than
include the people i ought to have included into this informal incomplete tally!

Bradley in DC
04-01-2008, 08:46 AM
russell means once ran in the LP!

Yeah, against Dr. Paul in 1988! :p

brandon
04-01-2008, 08:54 AM
My suspicion that many people on these boards have no idea what a Libertarian really is, is growing.

...says the guy who voted that Dennis Kucinich should get the nomination of the LP

ROFL

Truth Warrior
04-01-2008, 08:55 AM
"Libertarian Party" is an oxymoron, BTW.<IMHO>

FYI, it's Mary Ruart.
www.ruart.com (http://www.ruart.com)

Aratus
04-01-2008, 09:06 AM
this is why its truely a fight for the Heart and the Soul of the same!
think suger, lemons and lemonade. sometimes a good drink can be
diluted with too much water. adding too many lemons causes one to
pucker up. let alone too much suger continually rots the teeth. we need
a balance with a practicality between theory, supporters and ACTION!!!!!!

Aratus
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
despite the banality of my metaphoric lemon of an explanation... my poll is still running, anyway!!!

latkinson6
04-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Forget Hillery.

Vote for a hot chick(as compared to hillery)

http://www.lp.org/libertydecides/christine_smith.jpg
http://www.christinesmithforpresident.com/

Aratus
05-10-2008, 10:23 AM
the libertarian nomination looms this month! barr has a level of support and has been playing a curious game!

Aratus
05-30-2008, 09:08 AM
now onto 2012!!! the next run! do the idealists pull ahead of Barr next time?

Kade
05-30-2008, 09:10 AM
...says the guy who voted that Dennis Kucinich should get the nomination of the LP

ROFL

When did I say that?

Aratus
05-30-2008, 09:19 AM
You left out the single greatest candidate to ever walk this Earth, Steve Kubby (http://www.kubby2008.com/node/8).

Kade, i had to agree... i was ignorant at times, and did up a loose poll...

Aratus
05-30-2008, 09:20 AM
i also had to be told who mr. phillies was! the tokens at the convention, if the story is true, hint at things!

Truth Warrior
05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Heart and soul. :p :rolleyes:

Wizard of OZ Scarecrow ("straw man"): "Now, if I only had a brain. DUH!"

Aratus
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
i also had my dream ticket poll. the other poll i swear cannot be topped for its short, intense insight into our political climate.

dvdrink
05-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Rand Paul in 2012!!

Aratus
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
i think i'd have different options were i to do an identical poll now. my latent dadaism was showing here...

Kludge
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
i think i'd have different options were i to do an identical poll now. my latent dadaism was showing here...

You still aren't forgiven for failing to include Ruwart :p

Edit: Or Kubby

Aratus
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
i was young. i was youthful. i was ignorant. this is said as both mr. barr and mr. phillies may
be on my state ballot and being very libertarian. the irony is, maybe the rEVOLUTIOn should
should extend a feeler to the nader people and all the other 3rd party people. in september,
the networks are going to half-notice ALL the alternatives to obama and mccain. is there some
way to pull the candidates who are excluded from the debates together in a united front so
as to guarantee a degree of media coverage above and beyond the usual? i pensively wonder!

Aratus
06-16-2017, 07:44 PM
chuck baldwin from florida and this is not the guy donald trump just fired? a new name?

Even then, Thhhhhhaaaahhhhh Donald wuz being noticed by lil ole me...