PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: 737 Bound Delegates

therealjjj77
03-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I did my math today and came up with only 737 delegates that are bound to vote for John McCain on the first round. Did anyone else come up with a like figure?

Anyway, if you're planning to campaign to be a national delegate, also work hard to get on the rules committee in your state. (And make sure to get someone you know on the platform committee.) I'd like to see majority defined like this:

RULE NO. 40
Nominations
(e)"Majority" when used in RULE NO. 40 shall be defined as 66% of the votes of the delegates present.

There are a total of 100(2 from each state) that make it onto the rules committee. You can have a huge impact on the election this year! ;-P

nc4rp
03-27-2008, 12:13 AM
interesting perspective.

Yom
03-27-2008, 01:14 AM
bump.

jrich4rpaul
03-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Which is exactly why Ron still wants us to become and elect delegates for the convention.

No1ButPaul08
03-27-2008, 02:40 AM
I have McCain at 994 bound and 206 unbound. That's 1200 total. I'd say that number is close to being right. Also, there is 791 undecided delegates of which McCain will get most of them.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

Aratus
03-27-2008, 05:47 AM
you are correct. he has a floor some of 737 delegates.
this is why many people can now have a dark horse
pull off a fifth or tenth ballot win! ron paul knows this!

therealjjj77
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I have McCain at 994 bound and 206 unbound. That's 1200 total. I'd say that number is close to being right. Also, there is 791 undecided delegates of which McCain will get most of them.

With all of the RP supporters filling up the delegate spots in many states across the country(at least this is what I've been seeing), I doubt they will vote for McCain unless they are bound. That's where a 66% majority rule will free those bound delegates and give the Republican Party a real candidate(meaning one that will actually uphold is oath of office) to choose.

We are the republican party, guys. If we so choose. It's important to present yourself in a conservative frame to gain the support from the old Republican establishment and move on to the next level. Such as:

"I believe in a strong national defense. That can best be acheived by guarding our own borders here at home." vs. "Let's bring the troops home."

"I believe that one of the most basic rights a government ought to secure and protect is the right to live." vs. "Abortion is O.K. under certain circumstances."

"I believe in limited government." vs. "Government should..."

nate895
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM

We can change those rules, and there are very few states (New York, Georgia, Connecticut, and New Jersey, of the ones off the top of my head) that are bound by a law or the party will punish you if you break with your pledge. That is why the Green Papers had him at 388 hard delegates a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: I just checked and it is up to 563.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
We can change those rules, and there are very few states (New York, Georgia, Connecticut, and New Jersey, of the ones off the top of my head) that are bound by a law or the party will punish you if you break with your pledge. That is why the Green Papers had him at 388 hard delegates a couple of weeks ago.

You're buying too much into the power of delegates and our ability to get them. This race is, with 99% certainty, over for the presidency. Sure, it is important to fight for every delegate. But lets not give false hope.

nate895
03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
You're buying too much into the power of delegates and our ability to get them. This race is, with 99% certainty, over for the presidency. Sure, it is important to fight for every delegate. But lets not give false hope.

Oh, so there are invisible statutes and party rules somewhere and there is no possibility we can override these hidden documents. You sound like the Church in South Park when the local priest wanted to change the church rules so that the priests didn't molest boys, but it was in the "Holy Document of Vatican Law" which was hidden and no one knew where it was.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh, so there are invisible statutes and party rules somewhere and there is no possibility we can override these hidden documents. You sound like the Church in South Park when the local priest wanted to change the church rules so that the priests didn't molest boys, but it was in the "Holy Document of Vatican Law" which was hidden and no one knew where it was.

http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

Listen, do you really think that:

A) It will go over well if Ron Paul steals the elections?
B) That we will actually get the 2/3rds or 1/2 required to 'win these delegates', if your interpretation of state rules is correct. (Which I disagree with).
C) That the media will take him seriously? I could see this being a 40+ state sweep for the Democrats, with the traditional GOP base gone and the media ignoring Ron Paul. It would not be advantageous to our movement to circumvent the presidency without a legitimate reason.

You need McCain to make a misstep for this to be valid, and with the exception of the FEC gaffe, he hasn't made a serious enough one yet.

rockandrollsouls
03-27-2008, 04:55 PM
We'll never win if people like you give up :)

Good luck to everyone....work as hard as you can to make it to the convention, and with a little bit of luck and the hard work we could come out on top.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
We'll never win if people like you give up :)

Good luck to everyone....work as hard as you can to make it to the convention, and with a little bit of luck and the hard work we could come out on top.

I've hardly given up. I'm working as hard as I can for delegates, as well as all of the 'liberty' candidates. I just feel it is also good to be objective and realistic.

nate895
03-27-2008, 04:58 PM

B) That we will actually get the 2/3rds or 1/2 required to 'win these delegates', if your interpretation of state rules is correct. (Which I disagree with).
C) That the media will take him seriously? I could see this being a 40+ state sweep for the Democrats, with the traditional GOP base gone and the media ignoring Ron Paul. It would not be advantageous to our movement to circumvent the presidency without a legitimate reason.

You need McCain to make a misstep for this to be valid, and with the exception of the FEC gaffe, he hasn't made a serious enough one yet.

A) So what, if we won the nomination outright the media would say that the GOP "made a radical swing right" or something of that nature, labeling him an extremists like they did Goldwater.

B) Have you not heard the victories in WA in MO caucuses and conventions? If you haven't, you'd know that statement is ignorant.

C) See A.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 05:02 PM
A) So what, if we won the nomination outright the media would say that the GOP "made a radical swing right" or something of that nature, labeling him an extremists like they did Goldwater.

B) Have you not heard the victories in WA in MO caucuses and conventions? If you haven't, you'd know that statement is ignorant.

C) See A.

Actually, seeing as I live 2 minutes from Missouri, yes, I actually have.

Will that be repeated in every state? I highly doubt it. Bookmark this; if you're correct, and Ron Paul wins the nomination, I will donate $1000 to the charity of your choice.

sratiug
03-27-2008, 05:21 PM

He already staked his candidacy on "the surge" working. It is no longer working at all. The economy is falling apart. He is halfway to the canyon floor, having stepped off the cliff last year - and still picking up speed. A pro war candidate will not be at all viable by November.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
He already staked his candidacy on "the surge" working. It is no longer working at all. The economy is falling apart. He is halfway to the canyon floor, having stepped off the cliff last year - and still picking up speed. A pro war candidate will not be at all viable by November.

I'm not the one you need to convince. Rather, it is the 90-odd percent who didn't vote for Ron Paul who you are effectively disenfranchising by the coup at the convention.

nate895
03-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Actually, seeing as I live 2 minutes from Missouri, yes, I actually have.

Will that be repeated in every state? I highly doubt it. Bookmark this; if you're correct, and Ron Paul wins the nomination, I will donate $1000 to the charity of your choice.

The point is that there is a small, like .1% chance we will, but .1% chance is greater than the colonists had in 1775, so I am willing to fight really hard.

$900 to the Salvation Army and $100 to my campaign.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 05:27 PM
The point is that there is a small, like .1% chance we will, but .1% chance is greater than the colonists had in 1775, so I am willing to fight really hard.

$900 to the Salvation Army and $100 to my campaign.

All right.

d03boy
03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm not the one you need to convince. Rather, it is the 90-odd percent who didn't vote for Ron Paul who you are effectively disenfranchising by the coup at the convention.

How many of those 90% do you think only voted for McCAIN because he was already winning? How many do you think actually know anything about him or his policies? The entire point of the delegate process is to overrule the popular (ignorant) vote. If you think you're undermining the people because you're choosing someone else then the system needs to be redesigned.

DeadtoSin
03-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Listen guys, Alexander is right. I'm not giving up, we should always keep fighting. However I would put every cent I own down on Ron Paul not winning the GOP nomination. It isn't that I'm not supporting him, its just that it won't happen.

nate895
03-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Listen guys, Alexander is right. I'm not giving up, we should always keep fighting. However I would put every cent I own down on Ron Paul not winning the GOP nomination. It isn't that I'm not supporting him, its just that it won't happen.

Say .1% and everyone will be happy and not think you are a downer.

dannno
03-27-2008, 05:52 PM

It wouldn't be a "coup"

Ron Paul says "a lot can happen in 5 or 6 months" and he is right.

If something about McCain hits the mainstream suddenly and everybody turns on him, or if something big happens with the economy, or the war, or Hillary wins the nomination and says something messed up to disenfranchise democrats, there could be a change of heart. You never know. A lot is happening right now.

Lincoln went to the convention with 22 delegates.

Nobody is saying Ron Paul is going to win this thing, but he's our only hope (though I still donate to other RP Republican candidates) so I am down for a win.

I honestly think if Americans sat down and listened to some of the things he had to say, they would like him. Unfortunately, most people's perceptions of him are honestly based on second-hand information.

Phantom
03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
sratiug
He already staked his candidacy on "the surge" working.

Yes, that is true.

And it looks like McInsane will have to give up his presidential run soon, considering things are about to get a lot worse in Iraq.

Areas of Baghdad fall to militias as Iraqi Army falters in Basra (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3631718.ece)

Iraq's Prime Minister was staring into the abyss today after his operation to crush militia strongholds in Basra stalled, members of his own security forces defected and district after district of his own capital fell to Shia militia gunmen.

Rockets from Sadr City slammed into the governmental Green Zone compound in the city centre, killing one person and wounding several more.

Baghdad under curfew amid clashes (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7317614.stm)

A curfew has been imposed on Baghdad amid continuing clashes between Shia militias and Iraqi security forces.

US embassy staff in Baghdad have been told not to leave reinforced structures, following the attacks.

Iraqi prime minister says no retreat (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Iraq's prime minister vowed Thursday to fight "until the end" against Shiite militias in Basra despite protests by tens of thousands of followers of a radical cleric in Baghdad and deadly clashes in the capital and the oil-rich south.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I was one of the first to post the Lincoln story.

The thing is, there were also alternatives to McCain, before he was the presumptive nominee. Some of those alternatives also garnered more votes than us.

I'm for fighting, but I'm also for education. I think this needs to be about more than just delegates.

nate895
03-27-2008, 06:21 PM

The thing is, there were also alternatives to McCain, before he was the presumptive nominee. Some of those alternatives also garnered more votes than us.

I'm for fighting, but I'm also for education. I think this needs to be about more than just delegates.

There were more candidates at Lincoln's convention than there were at the beginning of this cycle.

rockandrollsouls
03-27-2008, 06:41 PM
alex...such a big talker and only 1 grand to donate?

Signzit
03-27-2008, 06:48 PM

I think you should fight with your mouth shut.

If your attitude in this thread is any indication of the type of work you are doing for Ron Paul; I think you can keep your efforts to yourself.

You are probably the weakest Ron Paul Advocate I have seen on these boards. Is there a boot camp for the weak at heart?

Question, Does Ron Paul have a better chance to WIN it all today, then he had last month? If YOU answered YES, then shut your defeatist mouth and get the hell out of the way, You FOLLOWER.

I don't need your kind of education. Save it! We are not here to be taught important lessens by YOU, this is not our Goal here; electing Ron Paul is the goal.

Go help McCain.

I saw your slip showing; Do you really think we care two shits about the disenfranchised sheeple and DIEBOLD machines? Save it pal, get out! I got you flaged.

wowabunga
03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Sure would be nice to wake up a few more hundred thousand Americans.... just call it insurance... I'll be busy all weekend at a huge antique car swap meet... shake'n and wake'n...

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Feel free to question my intentions or dedication to the cause. However, I truly feel, as do many others, that this about much more than just the presidency.

Although I do appreciate the painting of myself with such a broad stroke. I am no defeatist. I am a realist and I think this is much bigger than one campaign. I am not pessimistic. I am optimistic. You misunderstand both my intentions and my feelings about the situation. I simply feel that it is unlikely, and ignoring all the other avenues to the message (such as Sabrin, Sanders, and others) would be a mistake. I firmly believe that this is also what Ron Paul meant when he told us victory was no longer available in the conventional sense.

As for the $1000 being 'small', I feel that is a considerable sum for a student, which is my current financial situation.

wowabunga
03-27-2008, 07:10 PM

You are probably the weakest Ron Paul Advocate I have seen on these boards. Is there a boot camp for the weak at heart?

Question, Does Ron Paul have a better chance to WIN it all today, then he had last month? If YOU answered YES, then shut your defeatist mouth and get the hell out of the way, You FOLLOWER.

I don't need your kind of education. Save it! We are not here to be taught important lessens by YOU, this is not our Goal here; electing Ron Paul is the goal.

Go help McCain.

I saw your slip showing; Do you really think we care two shits about the disenfranchised sheeple and DIEBOLD machines? Save it pal, get out! I got you flaged.

I count 7 insults in machine gun fashion... not something Dr. Paul would approve of. We need to look past differences and see the good in each other. Reach even deeper in our selves for that "character trait" you spoke of over in the Nancy Regan thread. Gotta run out the door... next 3 days I'm out on the road shake'n and wake'n my neighbors all over the midwest...

defe07
03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I think we should focus on electing delegates to the National Convention and try to get Dr. Paul elected. We all know the odds aren't on our side but why not dare and try to win this thing? And if we do get Dr. Paul elected at the Convention, I don't care what others say like "he stole the nomination" or "he didn't respect the rule of the people". For those of us, myself included, who think there's still a chance, even if remote, we're sticking together. We've faced media blakout and mockery and still they haven't been able to divide us (and they won't :D). Some of you forget that W won the Electoral College votes but Gore won the popular vote. And even if McCain is voted by 90%, if Dr. Paul's able to get the 1191 delegates needed, that's the magic number. No if ands or buts. Those are the rules of the game. We knew from the beginning that we were going to have to play by the rules of the game. And if we win at the Convention, it'll all be because we knew our stuff and others didn't. :D

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I think we should focus on electing delegates to the National Convention and try to get Dr. Paul elected. We all know the odds aren't on our side but why not dare and try to win this thing? And if we do get Dr. Paul elected at the Convention, I don't care what others say like "he stole the nomination" or "he didn't respect the rule of the people". For those of us, myself included, who think there's still a chance, even if remote, we're sticking together. We've faced media blakout and mockery and still they haven't been able to divide us (and they won't :D). Some of you forget that W won the Electoral College votes but Gore won the popular vote. And even if McCain is voted by 90%, if Dr. Paul's able to get the 1191 delegates needed, that's the magic number. No if ands or buts. Those are the rules of the game. We knew from the beginning that we were going to have to play by the rules of the game. And if we win at the Convention, it'll all be because we knew our stuff and others didn't. :D

I don't disagree at all. There is no problem with having concerns, however. Better safe than sorry, as the old saying goes.

Robert Jenkins
03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
There are two Pauls who are very important to me. The first Paul stands as one of the most towering figures in the annals of all world history; a brilliant and beautiful man who shined a bright light for his Lord. The second Paul has the potential to also earn a place as one of history's giants.

The first Paul says to the second Paul and to the rest of us:

Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Faint not.

BTW, my wife and I just received emails that we are official Republican delegates for Jackson County, MO. We both intend to go to our district and state conventions to support the second Paul. There is still hope. Faint not.

nc4rp
03-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Signzit http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1373068#post1373068)

Go help McCain.

that dude just missed his smoke break i bet. i cant blame him for having being on fire about the way things are, however Congressman Paul would not approve of any disrespect. theres absolutely no room at all for it.

and yall, Congressman Paul has to be careful yknow? Its up to the people to lead this now.

nc4rp
03-27-2008, 09:19 PM
BTW, my wife and I just received emails that we are official Republican delegates for Jackson County, MO. We both intend to go to our district and state conventions to support the second Paul. There is still hope. Faint not.

woot! see ya in St. Paul if i get elected that far.

Robert Jenkins
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
woot! see ya in St. Paul if i get elected that far.

Awesome! Let's go to St. Paul to nominate Ron Paul!

(Edit: Could there be something prophetic about that? Could there be a divine hand moving to overturn the will of the rebellious elite?)

therealjjj77
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM

He's made plenty more serious gaffes then that. But the problem is the media is on his side.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
He's made plenty more serious gaffes then that. But the problem is the media is on his side.

Which was my point. :)

Turn the people and then they'll turn on McCain.

therealjjj77
03-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Ya know, at first I thought that the race was over. But then I dragged my feet to my county convention along with 3 of my family members who were elected delegates, and our county ended up with a large amount of Ron Paul supporters in the delegate spots to move on. In fact, I ended up the platform committee person against 4 other people running including the guy who had been with the party a long time and held the position many times in the past and was running the show. Try that for odds.

It's not impossible to fill these spots now that McCain is the presumptive nominee. This is the best situation we could hope for after diebold's super Tuesday. Diebold can't rig the conventions.

sratiug
03-28-2008, 04:06 PM

No, we have all been disenfranchised by our New World Order corporate media. You think it's ok for Bush to be "elected" with a minority of the vote, but not Ron Paul? I have disenfranchised no one. The Republican Party makes its own rules. If they can't live with them they can disband. Better to disband than to elect another fascist nazi like Bush/McCain and continue the destruction of true conservatism.

ClayTrainor
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
No, we have all been disenfranchised by our New World Order corporate media. You think it's ok for Bush to be "elected" with a minority of the vote, but not Ron Paul? I have disenfranchised no one. The Republican Party makes its own rules. If they can't live with them they can disband. Better to disband than to elect another fascist nazi like Bush/McCain and continue the destruction of true conservatism.

very well said man!

therealjjj77
03-28-2008, 05:12 PM

That isn't true conservatism.

LibertyIn08
03-28-2008, 05:44 PM

What I am saying is as follows:

There needs to be a concrete, consistent case given at each convention as to why the delegates are being unbound.

Statements as those above will not win you any allies among the conservative base, even though many ARE looking for new allies and leaders. This should be a movement of inclusion, not exclusion. We should attempt to bring as many of our fellow conservatives into the fold, and express our concerns, rather than a simply takeover of the party. Grow the movement radially, rather than top-down.

Join The Paul Side
03-28-2008, 07:22 PM

A) I say hell yes steal the election. Get the delegates to revolt against the Establishment Machine. It's better than doing nothing and taking it up the azz like you suggest we do.

B) It's not our fault if McCain's people forget this isn't over and his people sit home while Ron paul's supporters continue to work hard and become delegates. The more we get the stronger the revolt at the RNC in September will be.

C) The MSM will have to broadcast the debates for the general election and the voters will be watching. This is where Ron Paul will make or break himself regardless of what the MSM says.

:cool:

LibertyIn08
03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
A) I say hell yes steal the election. Get the delegates to revolt against the Establishment Machine. It's better than doing nothing and taking it up the azz like you suggest we do.

B) It's not our fault if McCain's poeple forget this isn't over and his people sit home while Ron paul's supporters continue to work hard and become delegates. The more we get the stronger the revolt at the RNC in September will be.

C) The MSM will have to broadcast the debates for the general election and the voters will be watching. This is where Ron Paul will make or break himself regardless of what the MSM says.

:cool:

Despite your above insinuation, I never suggested doing nothing. I've been a proponent of the delegate strategy since day one. I'm simply suggesting that we be prudent and prepared in our strategy, as well as being realistic to our chances. It is a good idea to be thoughtful of every outcome, and be prepared for those both likely and unlikely.

By the way, they agreed with me on RPI Radio tonight. I just want people to know that, despite our best efforts, victory is not ensured. Give it the best shot, become a leader, and do everything possible for every liberty candidate, Ron Paul especially. However, do not be dissapointed if we do not win the presidency. Success takes many forms.

Knightskye
03-28-2008, 08:08 PM

But there isn't anything false about hope, Alex. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe751kMBwms

syborius
03-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I count 7 insults in machine gun fashion... not something Dr. Paul would approve of. We need to look past differences and see the good in each other. Reach even deeper in our selves for that "character trait" you spoke of over in the Nancy Regan thread. Gotta run out the door... next 3 days I'm out on the road shake'n and wake'n my neighbors all over the midwest...

No, what this agent of deception is essentially saying is to stop wasting your time with the delegate process and efforts to get RP elected. How thick must one be to understand that this is no Ron Paul supporter, but another attempt to try and dissuade good people here from doing what they've been doing with his cancerous brand of realism.

syborius
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
What I am saying is as follows:

There needs to be a concrete, consistent case given at each convention as to why the delegates are being unbound.

Statements as those above will not win you any allies among the conservative base, even though many ARE looking for new allies and leaders. This should be a movement of inclusion, not exclusion. We should attempt to bring as many of our fellow conservatives into the fold, and express our concerns, rather than a simply takeover of the party. Grow the movement radially, rather than top-down.

It's amazing how people like this, when they start to lose ground in a thread, and see that people CUT THROUGH the dissuasion tactics, and cancerous realist venom begin to slowly change their tune, start to confuse the issues, begin to drift away from their original positions. Earlier you essentially said this should not be about the presidency, and we are disenfranchising 90% of the voters with our attempt at a coup at the convention.Does anyone else see how this person tries to put the most negative spin on these most noble efforts to restore the constitution? You people are way too nice. I'm going to call out another Feb registrar for what he is, a cancerous mole to the cause. We should all examine how hard some realists here fight against the cause for liberty, against what Ron Paul is fighting for. Tooth and Nail for every delegate possible!!

LibertyIn08
03-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow.

I'm only 17 years of age. I have plenty of other things to do than sit in a forum and play 'agent of deception'.

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

By the way, check my post history. My second post was about Lincoln coming into the convention with 22 delegates. I believe in this movement. You can insult me, attack my 'ulterior motives', or whatever you feel fit, but I am doing all I can to help. I've spent hundreds of hours canvassing for Ron Paul and working to help this campaign, both this year and in the future.

If you truly believe that I am some spy or subversive agent, I will gladly leave and not post again.

nc4rp
03-28-2008, 10:36 PM
"just be a good representative of what a Ron Paul supporter is"

Steve Macintosh - RonPaulReveres.com

syborius
03-29-2008, 06:25 AM

This is specifically for you Mr 17 year old Drummond.......

In Alaska these have become the official GOP planks because of ron paul supporters.
Planks added include:

"We recognize the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects as guaranteed in the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; recognize the right of the people to be secure from any search or seizure that violates the 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination; and oppose legislation that violates these two Amendments including, but not limited to, any infringements that may be contained in the Patriot Act, the Real ID Act, NAIS Act, and the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. Furthermore, we propose that these acts be repealed immediately."

"In jury trials of criminal cases, the defendant shall enjoy the right to argue both the facts of the case and the merits of the law under which the charge has been made."

"We support a federal system of taxation that adheres to the original wording in Article 1, Section 9 of the United States Constitution."

Some of the new resolutions passed:

"We resolve to support the abolishment of the IRS and the repeal of the 16th Amendment to the United States Constitution, and the elimination of the personal income tax, inheritance tax, gift tax, and capital gains tax."

"Be it resolved that the federal Department of Education be abolished."

"Be it resolved that the Alaska Republican Party stands firmly against implementing action for the Real ID Act of 2005, demanding its immediate repeal."

Also, a resolution was passed in support of allowing Dr. Paul to speak at the Republican National Convention. The motion was proposed by the chairman and co-chairman of the rules committee, who were so impressed by the conduct and ability of the Ron Paul delegates that they felt it was the right thing to do.

As Dr. Paul has noted, this campaign is only the beginning of our fight to reclaim the Republican Party and restore the Constitution. If Ron Paul supporters continue to stand for what they believe in on their local and state levels, national reform will not be far behind.

goldstandard
03-29-2008, 08:00 AM
As Dr. Paul has noted, this campaign is only the beginning of our fight to reclaim the Republican Party and restore the Constitution. If Ron Paul supporters continue to stand for what they believe in on their local and state levels, national reform will not be far behind.

Exactly. And one cannot talk about these issues in this general manner. You have to differentiate between the different levels (local/state/national).

LibertyIn08
03-29-2008, 09:24 AM
This is specifically for you Mr 17 year old Drummond.......

In Alaska these have become the official GOP planks because of ron paul supporters.
Planks added include:

"We recognize the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects as guaranteed in the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; recognize the right of the people to be secure from any search or seizure that violates the 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination; and oppose legislation that violates these two Amendments including, but not limited to, any infringements that may be contained in the Patriot Act, the Real ID Act, NAIS Act, and the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. Furthermore, we propose that these acts be repealed immediately."

"In jury trials of criminal cases, the defendant shall enjoy the right to argue both the facts of the case and the merits of the law under which the charge has been made."

"We support a federal system of taxation that adheres to the original wording in Article 1, Section 9 of the United States Constitution."

Some of the new resolutions passed:

"We resolve to support the abolishment of the IRS and the repeal of the 16th Amendment to the United States Constitution, and the elimination of the personal income tax, inheritance tax, gift tax, and capital gains tax."

"Be it resolved that the federal Department of Education be abolished."

"Be it resolved that the Alaska Republican Party stands firmly against implementing action for the Real ID Act of 2005, demanding its immediate repeal."

Also, a resolution was passed in support of allowing Dr. Paul to speak at the Republican National Convention. The motion was proposed by the chairman and co-chairman of the rules committee, who were so impressed by the conduct and ability of the Ron Paul delegates that they felt it was the right thing to do.

Which is completely what I've been arguing for the whole time.

LibertyIn08
03-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Bump for good news out of Texas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130823).

Bradley in DC
03-29-2008, 04:51 PM
How many of those 90% do you think only voted for McCAIN because he was already winning?

I suspect, certainly in later states, that there is much insight there. However, for whatever reason, he did get their votes.

therealjjj77
03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I suspect, certainly in later states, that there is much insight there. However, for whatever reason, he did get their votes.

This year there was an enormous coverage of the primaries. In past elections I don't remember them getting so much publicity. The media was really pushing for a lot of people getting involved in the primaries by advertising them repeatedly. Even MTV and other stations that have no history of political involvement were hosting debates.

So here was the formula:

massively advertise primaries + exclude Ron Paul from coverage = diluted vote

Everyone was saying that there was unprecedented participation in the primaries and caucuses this year. Could my formula be the reason why?

No1ButPaul08
03-29-2008, 08:02 PM
This year there was an enormous coverage of the primaries. In past elections I don't remember them getting so much publicity. The media was really pushing for a lot of people getting involved in the primaries by advertising them repeatedly. Even MTV and other stations that have no history of political involvement were hosting debates.

So here was the formula:

massively advertise primaries + exclude Ron Paul from coverage = diluted vote

Everyone was saying that there was unprecedented participation in the primaries and caucuses this year. Could my formula be the reason why?

The high voter turnout was due to the crappy situation our country is in and the fact that both parties primaries were contested. The first time that's happened since 1952.

phuqig_hotband
03-29-2008, 10:51 PM

If your attitude in this thread is any indication of the type of work you are doing for Ron Paul; I think you can keep your efforts to yourself.

Go help McCain.

and you should fight with your asshole shut.

phuqig_hotband
03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
It's amazing how people like this, when they start to lose ground in a thread, and see that people CUT THROUGH the dissuasion tactics, and cancerous realist venom begin to slowly change their tune, start to confuse the issues, begin to drift away from their original positions. Earlier you essentially said this should not be about the presidency, and we are disenfranchising 90% of the voters with our attempt at a coup at the convention.Does anyone else see how this person tries to put the most negative spin on these most noble efforts to restore the constitution? You people are way too nice. I'm going to call out another Feb registrar for what he is, a cancerous mole to the cause. We should all examine how hard some realists here fight against the cause for liberty, against what Ron Paul is fighting for. Tooth and Nail for every delegate possible!!

Considering Ron Paul’s statements are almost identical to those of the "realists" you are quite the blasphemer. Ron Paul doesn’t think he has a great chance at the nomination; therefore, he must not support Ron Paul. Maybe he is a Mccain supporter!

therealjjj77
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
As the starter of this thread, let's please not turn this into some sort of "he's a communist spy" game.

If they aren't a Ron Paul supporter then let's peaceably let them hear why we support Ron Paul and just maybe that person will be able to appreciate our stand and want what's best for our country, too.

Other then that, I think we all understand that there is a realistic possibility he may not win the nomination, and so it is our responsibility to approach this with great care to ensure victory.

We all must do what it takes to discretely fill nearly every spot at the national convention.

LibertyIn08
03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
As the starter of this thread, let's please not turn this into some sort of "he's a communist spy" game.

If they aren't a Ron Paul supporter then let's peaceably let them hear why we support Ron Paul and just maybe that person will be able to appreciate our stand and want what's best for our country, too.

Other then that, I think we all understand that there is a realistic possibility he may not win the nomination, and so it is our responsibility to approach this with great care to ensure victory.

We all must do what it takes to discretely fill nearly every spot at the national convention.

Both the bolded and underlined portions highlight my exact position.

Anyways, I'll attempt to stay out of the thread so you can get back on topic. :)