PDA

View Full Version : Beware the Current Crop of Candidates.

michaelwise
08-19-2007, 02:09 PM
In my current crop of local candidates here in SW Florida, running for city council positions are; Builders, Developers, and other real estate related people. What do you suppose their agenda will be? It seems to me that their agenda will be to grease their own palms with tax payer money, by pushing city construction jobs in their own direction, or that of their friends.

Do you think we, as a political force, should concern ourselves with local elections?

james1906
08-19-2007, 02:15 PM
of course, as the saying goes: all politics is local

kickzman
08-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I think its tougher to rally support for a local election, than a national one... We are trying to get NeoCon Norm Coleman out of office here in MN, but he has too much money and will likely return....

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I think its tougher to rally support for a local election, than a national one... We are trying to get NeoCon Norm Coleman out of office here in MN, but he has too much money and will likely return....

I've been asked how we can go up against Norm, and I have to say, it is extremely difficult to beat an incumbent, particularly an incumbent of one's own party. You really want to get a NeoCon out of office, do it to Ramstad.

But for half the output per vote realized, we can get Ron Paul elected. (Yes, I'm saying it will be easier to get Ron Paul elected than to boot Coleman from within his own party or from a third party. And you're not going to get anyone decent to emerge as nominee from the DFL.)

michaelwise
08-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I told friends months ago to watch out for local real estate people and developers running for public office, now that many of them are loosing work. I was reading the bios of locals running for public office today, and lo and behold, 3/4 of them are real estate related people. The sheeple will have no chance to avoid electing these people into office, since most of the voters have no idea what these people do. God help us.

american.swan
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
of course, as the saying goes: all politics is local

This is a HUGE saying and Greg Palast agrees. Almost all of the voter fraud is local.

Read Armed Madhouse :)