PDA

View Full Version : Norman Podhoretz is not a fan

jonhowe
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm a student at Hofstra University, and Norman gave a talk here today.
The usual neo-con shill.

I got to ask him a question, and I chose to address his claim that the islamofascist threat pretty much emerged without any US input. I asked whether the fact that we helped arm the people we now fight, and then abandoned them could have contributed to it.
He didn't really answer it, but he did quote Henry Kissinger, at which point i expressed my 'joy' at knowing that he was TRYING to turn this into Vietnam 2.

But anyways, I went up afterwards to buy my dad (BIG fan of his) a copy of his book and get it signed. Told him my dad was a big Rudy fan, and he asked who I was for. I replied Ron Paul was my man.
At this point he paused, looked up at me, and said "Ron Paul is not a sane individual", handed me the book, and moved on.

Cowlesy
03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow..Norman Podhoretz is at the beating heart of everything Ron Paul is against --- that must have been interesting!

nate895
03-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Funny, one of my youtube friends sent me a video be the Southern Avenger on Norman Podhoertz today.

The One
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm a student at Hofstra University, and Norman gave a talk here today.
The usual neo-con shill.

I got to ask him a question, and I chose to address his claim that the islamofascist threat pretty much emerged without any US input. I asked whether the fact that we helped arm the people we now fight, and then abandoned them could have contributed to it.
He didn't really answer it, but he did quote Henry Kissinger, at which point i expressed my 'joy' at knowing that he was TRYING to turn this into Vietnam 2.

But anyways, I went up afterwards to buy my dad (BIG fan of his) a copy of his book and get it signed. Told him my dad was a big Rudy fan, and he asked who I was for. I replied Ron Paul was my man.
At this point he paused, looked up at me, and said "Ron Paul is not a sane individual", handed me the book, and moved on.

In that situation, I don't know that I could have restrained myself from bitch-slapping him.

nate895
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
In that situation, I don't know that I could have restrained myself from bitch-slapping him.

I don't use violence like that, but I might just yell at him.

OptionsTrader
03-26-2008, 09:41 PM
When you ask the human embodiment of satan if a rose is beautiful, he would respond with disdain.

This thread reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode. They remade it a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzHld8GPPq4

ARealConservative
03-26-2008, 09:52 PM

I feel the same way about that guy.

seapilot
03-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Id Take it as a compliment from that @SS Clown. CIA had a front row seat in Pakistan during the Soviet Union invasion of Afghanistan, all the while arming and training the Mujaheedeen.