PDA

View Full Version : Using Reagan in an Ad for Dr. Paul

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Seems to me we could use this speech of Ronald Reagan's to our distinct advantage in a commercial. There are a lot of Republicans who still hold him up as some kind of demi-god. His words here are very supportive of exactly what we are trying to get across to them with Dr. Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s06YhQyv3w

What do you think?

gravesdav
08-19-2007, 01:57 PM
That's freaking awesome!!!

Douglass Bartley
08-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Great idea.

sylvania
08-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that was written for Barry Goldwater originally, but Nancy (being the ever ambitious wife) begged for Ronald Reagan to do it. It is what gave him credibility with republicans. They call it, "The Speech."

Kregener
08-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Do we want to use a big-government spender (rhetoric aside) as a role model?

gravesdav
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Reagan is someone respected by all Republicans. This would especially attract older voters that we need and make us look mainstream.

STA654
08-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Ron Paul should start playing this ad in South Carolina, New Hampshire and Iowa NOW!

sylvania
08-19-2007, 02:08 PM
When you compare this speech with Ron Paul's, "I'm a president who won't do much," the 1964 speech sounds a lot better. The problem with saying that you are a president who won't do much is that people don't make the connections in their mind that a hands-off president would be much better than a president who meddles in things.

Instead, I think a lot of people who hear that Ron Paul is a president who won't do much view him as someone who is lazy and weak. It doesn't send a good message, even though I know what he meant by it. (And I knew what he meant because I know and understand Ron Paul's ideas, but many poeple don't know him or his ideas, so it sounded weak and ineffectual, IMHO.) I think he needs someone who does a better job writing speeches that are clear and concise, with no room for misinterpretation.

Keith
08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
I have watched a lot of Ron Paul YouTube videos, and I think that one was the best of the lot.

dircha
08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Seems to me we could use this speech of Ronald Reagan's to our distinct advantage in a commercial. There are a lot of Republicans who still hold him up as some kind of demi-god. His words here are very supportive of exactly what we are trying to get across to them with Dr. Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s06YhQyv3w

What do you think?

Good speech, but no need to go back that far in history to find the values we are talking about in this campaign in the Republican party.

http://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan/speeches/first.asp

born2drv
08-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I really like it.... the only critisizm I have is to seperate RONPAUL2008.com into seperate colors. something like this:

RONPAUL2008.com

That way more people will easily read it and hopefully go online to learn more.

Revolution9
08-19-2007, 03:08 PM
About 75% of the time I was sorry I did. I then had to explain my around GHW Bush, the assassination attempt, the cabinet of criminals..yadda yadda..bing bang boom..

Best
Randy

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Do we want to use a big-government spender (rhetoric aside) as a role model?

It's his words. Ronald Reagan is still an icon to the Republican Party and it is this nomination we are seeking.

Did you listen to Pastor Killian's speech yet? Did you notice how he invoked Ronald Reagan's legacy?

I'm telling you, we can use this to our advantage, if we do this right.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 03:21 PM
When you compare this speech with Ron Paul's, "I'm a president who won't do much," the 1964 speech sounds a lot better. The problem with saying that you are a president who won't do much is that people don't make the connections in their mind that a hands-off president would be much better than a president who meddles in things.

Instead, I think a lot of people who hear that Ron Paul is a president who won't do much view him as someone who is lazy and weak. It doesn't send a good message, even though I know what he meant by it. (And I knew what he meant because I know and understand Ron Paul's ideas, but many poeple don't know him or his ideas, so it sounded weak and ineffectual, IMHO.) I think he needs someone who does a better job writing speeches that are clear and concise, with no room for misinterpretation.

Yes. I agree. His saying that does not come off like he wants it to. I wonder if he realizes that.

Cowlesy
08-19-2007, 03:23 PM
It's his words. Ronald Reagan is still an icon to the Republican Party and it is this nomination we are seeking.

Did you listen to Pastor Killian's speech yet? Did you notice how he invoked Ronald Reagan's legacy?

I'm telling you, we can use this to our advantage, if we do this right.

Absolutely. The minute people start trashing Reagan (even though many of us disagree with lots of what he did) you will unecessarily and quickly cut away a lot of potential supporters.

The message and ideaology are mainstays in this campaign. That being said, being strategic and using Ron's friendship with Reagan will yield us greater success than not doing so with the general public.