PDA

View Full Version : Will Paul come to NC?

MozoVote
03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I would hope so. He hasn't yet! His Penn State appearance indicates that he will at least make a few more forays before convention time.

I've already seen him in Spartanburg and Rock Hill, so if he only makes one appearance here, and it's in the Triangle to help BJ Lawson, I'm OK with that.

Highland
03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
bump for Paul to visit NC!

slacker921
03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
bump.
It would be great if he could be in NC when his book comes out (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206585903&sr=8-1). ;)

69 delegates will come from NC...

rancher89
03-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Bump for RP to come to NC!

MozoVote
03-30-2008, 09:37 AM
There's a rumor elsewhere on the forum that Paul will visit Indiana, which votes the same day NC does. As far as I can tell, there's a justification for him to continue attending several more states.

NC - big state, opportunity for delegates, could help a Congressional Paul-minded candidate
KY - Rand's state, also fairly large
OR - a left leaning, but personal liberty state such as WA, with strong contributions
ID - Much like MT or NV demographically, he would do well there

slacker921
03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
"ID - Much like MT or NV demographically, he would do well there" .. "Would" is the keyword there.. Paul isn't going to do "well" in any of the remaining primaries without advertising and the Paul campaign is finished with advertising. Sorry to throw a wet towel on things, but it's true.

He could visit NC though and get the local grassroots energized to help the local candidates out and get people energized to be delegates.

Bossobass
03-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Ron will visit any state where there is a planned event that will be well attended. He won't visit an event with 50 people, for obvious reasons.

This is my peeve with the so-called grassroots campaign. I've been to 4 states, ran a phone bank for Iowa, donated to many other states' causes, drove, bussed and flown people to other states to help them, attended their rallies and worked the streets to make them as successful as possible, etc.

I have had zero offers from any of those states to attend a Charlotte, NC rally.

If we attempt one and it is not well attended, anyone can see what the news report would be.

OTOH, there is nothing saying we can't put a super rally together. In fact, we could put several rallies within a few days span for western, Piedmont, central and east NC that would most definitely help our outcome, in both the popular vote and the delegates situation.

They must be well planned, the local press must be invited and they must be well attended or it isn't going to happen. It's up to NC RP supporters, not Ron Paul.

Bosso

slacker921
03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
The AutoFair (http://lowesmotorspeedway.com/schedules/car_shows/food_lion_autofair_spring/) is this weekend.. something like 150,000 people will visit. Would that be enough? ;)
Actually.. kind of seriously.. wish this had been planned out a month or so ago. I bet the Speedway club has a room available and there would be at least 50 people there who would like to meet Ron Paul.

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Well I'm in. 8-)

Bossobass
03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Check out the rally in Minneapolis. Ron goes where the numbers tell him to go. I've been to 10 events in SC, 2 in Iowa, 2 in NH, 4 debates, etc, and I've seen every vid of every rally that I couldn't make it to. There is no way in hell I'll ever believe RP got 5% of the vote.

We should line up college campus rallies in Asheville, Charlotte, Chapel Hill and Willmington and jam the places to the rafters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-qBan8mOiA

Bosso

rancher89
04-01-2008, 05:12 AM
Shoot, I went to Atlanta for a rally at the State Capital before the primary down there and there were maybe 500 people--and that's in a state that I thought would have done better. For pete's sake that's where Bob Barr is from......We had more people in Columbia-closer to 1,000.