PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Threat Vector

robatsu
08-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Recently, we've been seeing the MSM promoting Huckabee to first tier, etc, despite enjoying less success by any metric other than Iowa Straw Poll, than RP.

Why is this? Well, I believe that the original field was the CFR/Globalist/Open borders crew, and it was assumed we'd all go along with this like the good people have been for a while.

The immigration bill revolt really shook a lot of thing up. Despite unwillingness to admit it, this issue destroyed McCain, and everyone in politics knows it, although they don't mention it in front of the children.

The Ron Paul campaign is creating a lot of consternation. The globalists do actually believe that RP has no chance, but what concerns them is his campaign is evidence of another rebellion out there - they missed the last one on immigration, and are worried more about sheer unpredictibility rather than RP per se.

The other front tier guys, Romney, Giuliani, Thompson, all have serious negatives that become more apparent day by day.

So Huckabee is the new hope of the establishment? Assuming that is the case, how do we compete against Huckabee - he is a little different beast than Rudy McRomney? He talks like what passes for a heartland conservative these days, my guess is that MSM is setting him up as the second coming of Ronald Reagan.

tnvoter
08-19-2007, 01:58 PM
they're only plugging huckabee because he's fiscally a neocon.

tmg19103
08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Pat Robertson won the Iowa staw poll on the religious vote like Huckabee. What happened to Pat? And, Huckabee has no money.

trispear
08-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Huckabee panders, but I don't think he inspires anyone.

born2drv
08-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I actually really like Huckabee, I don't see him as a phoney or the pandering type........... he's the closest to Ron Paul on some of the issues, of course no where near the same place on others.... he's said that he will listen to the people and will endorse broad reforms like the fair tax, etc... I think somewhere in his heart is a small place for Ron Paul, you can tell he admires the man........ but overall he's my 2nd choice.

At this point I'd be happy to see anyone take votes away from Romney/Rudy/Giuliani, whether they be Tancredo, Huckabee, etc... but as long as Ron Paul is in the race he has my full support!

fj45lvr
08-19-2007, 02:58 PM
At this point I'd be happy to see anyone take votes away from Romney/Rudy/Giuliani, whether they be Tancredo, Huckabee, etc.

I hope you are aware that Tancredo was on record as saying he'd bomb mecca in the pursuit of the "terrorists"....I only say this to hopefully jolt some sense into you that this is NOT something that on any level is good for American citizens.

I understand that idea that these guys could split the vote??

born2drv
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope you are aware that Tancredo was on record as saying he'd bomb mecca in the pursuit of the "terrorists"....I only say this to hopefully jolt some sense into you that this is NOT something that on any level is good for American citizens.

I understand that idea that these guys could split the vote??

Yes I know. I'm not a fan of Tancredo to be honest, he's a little nutty.... but still better then Fred Romniani, anyone who takes votes from these 3 clowns I'll be happy with ;)

max
08-19-2007, 03:09 PM
The recent promotion of Huckleberry is a ploy to block Ron Paul with Southern/Christian voters looking for an "outsider"...

How else do we explain this sudden MSM focus on Huckabee?

specsaregood
08-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I heard huckabee on the radio again today on the way to a gunshow.

His medical care position/speech (seems to be his focus) is word for word from Ron Paul's talking points. Seriously.

james1906
08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes I know. I'm not a fan of Tancredo to be honest, he's a little nutty.... but still better then Fred Romniani, anyone who takes votes from these 3 clowns I'll be happy with ;)

Tancredo's not a pre-selected candidate, which I like. I disagree with him on a lot of things, but I know he wouldn't want a NAU, an Amero, an open border, etc.

On the war in Iraq, I kind of feel bad for Tancredo, because he comes off as still being duped by the war. It seems like he really feels like we're there because of our freedom. It's not a false talking point meant to dupe people, he's duped himself.

Dustancostine
08-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Today there was an editorial in the Washington Post comparing how Huckabee could be like Buchanan and surprise people in NH. No mention though of how Buchanan is practically endorsing RP.

--Dustan

james1906
08-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Today there was an editorial in the Washington Post comparing how Huckabee could be like Buchanan and surprise people in NH. No mention though of how Buchanan is practically endorsing RP.

--Dustan

Makes you wonder what conversations Pat has with his sister

wgadget
08-19-2007, 04:16 PM

--Dustan

Well, it doesn't look like his supporters bothered showing up for him in the NH straw poll...

Actually, Huckabee has a pretty bad position on illegal immigration. You can find his exact positions at www.ontheissues.org

When I cut and paste these positions over at Townhall.com the other day, a couple of supporters decided to change their mind about him.

james1906
08-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, it doesn't look like his supporters bothered showing up for him in the NH straw poll...

Actually, Huckabee has a pretty bad position on illegal immigration. You can find his exact positions at www.ontheissues.org

When I cut and paste these positions over at Townhall.com the other day, a couple of supporters decided to change their mind about him.

you have to wonder how much the chicken processors donated to his gubernatorial campaigns.

njandrewg
08-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Huckabee is easy to destroy...just tell people he doesn't believe in evolution

ButchHowdy
08-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Huckabee panders, but I don't think he inspires anyone.

Bingo. Plus he needs to put on about 110 lbs and lose the E. Fudd look!

Bossobass
08-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Huch is known for growing government and raising taxes. He's also know for arguing for welfare for illegal immigrants.

Arkansas is dominated by big corporate influence. Huck's tenure as governor reflects that fact.

He's no Ron Paul. I agree that the big boys may have shuffled him to number 3 behind Rudy and Romney to counter RP's rise, despite all efforts to marginalize him.

In NC (where I live), there is currently 2% unemployment in white collar jobs. In construction jobs (I'm a licensed builder), it's approaching 10% due to some 300,000-600,000 illegal invaders.

IMHO, any politician who would argue any sort of welfare for illegals has been influenced by big business...period. No other conclusion makes sense.

Bosso

dircha
08-19-2007, 07:46 PM
The recent promotion of Huckleberry is a ploy to block Ron Paul with Southern/Christian voters looking for an "outsider"...

How else do we explain this sudden MSM focus on Huckabee?

Umm, the obvious fact that he came in 2nd at Ames and Ron Paul came in 5th?

The fact that Huckabee is still polling higher than Ron Paul in New Hampshire?

There's no conspiracy here. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Ron Paul Fan
08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Huckabee Schmuckabee. The only reason he's still around is because he's a pastor and the Fair Tax which helped him in Iowa. He appeals to the religious people, yet he supports an unjust war in Iraq. Dr. Paul is much more consistent in his views and has been against the war from the start. He is against welfare for illegals and amnesty and has a strong record to support it. He has never voted to raise taxes and has the record to support it. Huckabee does not and will be exposed as he gets more exposure. Huckabee is scared to death of Ron Paul and he implied it on The Colbert Report. We already stood up to Rudy and here we are fretting day in and day night over these fringe candidates who have no money, loyal support, or internet following. Don't be scared, just keep spreading the message!

Nathan Hale
08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Recently, we've been seeing the MSM promoting Huckabee to first tier, etc, despite enjoying less success by any metric other than Iowa Straw Poll, than RP.

Why is this?

Well, Huckabee isn't enjoying "less success by any other metric" than RP. In most polls Huckabee and Paul are both rising from the field of second tier candidates, however it is Paul who is chasing Huckabee, not vice versa. Let's look at some recent ones:

A Gallup poll from 8/13-8/16 has Paul at 3% and Huckabee at 4%.

A Quinnipiac poll from 8/7-8/13 has both at 2%.

An American Research Group poll from 8/9-8/12 has Huckabee at 3% and Paul at 1% (behind Brownback).

The media isn't touting Huckabee as a breakout because of some CFR/Bilderburger/black helicopter conspiracy, they're touting him as a breakout because the Ames poll is historically a big deal, even if the winner there is rarely the winner overall. Huckabee's performance there was shocking, especially considering the fact that his cost per vote was around Paul's number.

That said, Paul is also on the rise in the media, so his performance at the poll has helped. His performance since then in various other straw polls is also helping.