PDA

View Full Version : Big Important Delegate Question!!!

Sandra
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
If you are a RP delegate in a challenged caucus, and you attend the convention of another or third party, are you then disqualified as a delegate if the RNC decides in our favor? (doesn't pertain to me).

Sandra
03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Bump

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I would sure hope so.

What state? Many have rules about voting republican in the last primary, and perhaps only being a republican delegate.

Yom
03-26-2008, 08:53 PM
If you are a RP delegate in a challenged caucus, and you attend the convention of another or third party, are you then disqualified as a delegate if the RNC decides in our favor? (doesn't pertain to me).

How would they know?

pepperpete1
03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Is this delegate attending the other convention as a guest, a delegate, committee person?

If the RNC decides in their favor, why would there be a question. The decision should stand as the answer. Right?

Sandra
03-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I've heard some in the LAGOP say if any of the RP attended the Libertarian convention, they would lose their delegate status. I'm just checkin .

Bradley in DC
03-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I've heard some in the LAGOP say if any of the RP attended the Libertarian convention, they would lose their delegate status. I'm just checkin .

Sandra, I have no idea about your state. In DC and OH, the LP is not recognized as a major party and doesn't have ballot status, so it wouldn't matter. As with most of these types f questions, it all varies greatly by state.