PDA

View Full Version : Challenge McCain to one more debate?

HayekianGuy
03-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I think that the time is ripe for Dr. Paul to challenge McCain to one more debate. The likelihood that McCain would accept such a thing is slim to none, but with the economy the way it is and the ongoing war, perhaps Paul could gather enough media attention that would support another debate. This would require some harsh rhetoric on Paul's part in order to bait McCain, but I do not think it is impossible. He just needs to continue to criticize McCain on his economic credentials.

AJ Antimony
03-26-2008, 05:21 PM
A debate would mean Paul would have everything to win and McCain would have everything to lose. McCain will NEVER do it.

kigol
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
A debate would mean Paul would have everything to win and McCain would have everything to lose. McCain will NEVER do it.

yup.

Join The Paul Side
03-26-2008, 06:25 PM

Indeed. Just imagine how handicapped McCain would be in a debate with Ron on economics. I don't think Juan will set himself up for that. :rolleyes:

Andrew-Austin
03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I think that the time is ripe for Dr. Paul to challenge McCain to one more debate. The likelihood that McCain would accept such a thing is slim to none, but with the economy the way it is and the ongoing war, perhaps Paul could gather enough media attention that would support another debate. This would require some harsh rhetoric on Paul's part in order to bait McCain, but I do not think it is impossible. He just needs to continue to criticize McCain on his economic credentials.

Like others have said Juan Mccain isn't about to debate Paul.

And I don't think the MSM can be drifted into supporting the debate as, well their the f**king corporate media who proped up Mccain in the first place. Everytime I hear some pundit hack on TV call Juan Mccain a "limited government conservative" I cringe in disgust.

Phantom
03-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul needs to put the offer to McInsane the next time he appears on a major MSM channel talking about the economy.

Other than Ron Paul calling him out on national TV, I cannot see a debate happening.

nakor667
03-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I actually was thinking the same thing lately. We need another debate.

There is only one way to get this to happen... McCain loves media attention and it would have to be presented to McCain as a self-promotion and not a challenge, per se.

The best scenario would be to get a debate with McCain, Hillary and Obama... and having Ron Paul as the 'token' Republican challenge to McCain.

constitutional
03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
This is common sense. McCain would never do it.

Hell, he would never attack Ron Paul even if he had a chance. Attacking RP would only mean acknowledging RP's present danger.

And no network would sponsor it, it would be pointless. No one would watch it. (except us and other few smart ones).

nc4rp
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
McCain wouldnt even acknowledge the challenge. he Fears Paul, and actually is starting to mirror-speak his policies in the feeble attempt to gain Paul supporters and THAT aint gonna happen either.

Captain America
03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
if there is a debate or not some harsh rhetoric on Paul's part would help him in many ways.

he is the perfect conservtive canidate. he will win if he has the republican ticket. no doubt in any way. he would help us more than any of us realize, and i know alot of people realize what he is one way or another.

as i am and others are Mallory to Roark (Ron Paul) is to Toohey like some others. Some know some are even Dominique.

TER
03-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Whether or not McCain would accept the challenge (and of course, he will not), Ron Paul should still challenge him over a national network. No matter how McCain reacts, he loses.

FreedomRings
03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
McCain isn't going to bite.

However, Ron Paul should make weekly videos of McCain's recent statements with his own comments thrown in, and post them at his site.

He should do the same with Obama and Hillary.

ButchHowdy
03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
The THREAT alone should garner some media attention . . .

satchelmcqueen
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes he needs to challenge McCain weekly to a debate, and condemn McCains message.

TruthAtLast
03-26-2008, 09:54 PM

He would only do it if the entire main stream media pressured him into it and if he felt that it might HURT him if he didn't do it. If he was called a coward by the major media outlets and his legitimacy was questioned by him being afraid to face Ron Paul, then you never know. But having the MSM back Ron Paul to force a debate? haha I don't think so.

wowabunga
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Waste of energy just pondering.... please please please go tell 6 people today and wake them up. Simple....