PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to say

icon124
03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I can use the same analogy for food that we use for politics. I'm basically asleep if I don't eat the natural way? If I'm eating what normal Americans eat...ocasionally fast food, but not as much as I used to but the normal dinners and the normal snacks...am I pretty much asleep?

Seems true, does anyone have any recommendations for a good eating habbit. I know B17 prevents cancer, get the flouride out of the water...but what else should I be doing to wake up and let my body feel as good as it could? I'm tired of feeling sluggish and right now I have a cold and I think it's because of a terrible immune system. I really want to start living a healthier life, but it seems like this american food will never help.

amy31416
03-26-2008, 03:57 PM
It's a given to stay away from fast foods, other than that, all I know is to eat organic and listen to what your body tells you.

And right now, I have a craving for stuffed peppers. And I don't know why.

soapmistress
03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I say plant a garden and subscribe to Organic Gardening magazine. You'll get fresh air, fresh foods and a fresh perspective about our connection to the earth. :) And tomatos!!! Yum!

thuja
03-27-2008, 02:59 AM
I can use the same analogy for food that we use for politics. I'm basically asleep if I don't eat the natural way? If I'm eating what normal Americans eat...ocasionally fast food, but not as much as I used to but the normal dinners and the normal snacks...am I pretty much asleep?

Seems true, does anyone have any recommendations for a good eating habbit. I know B17 prevents cancer, get the flouride out of the water...but what else should I be doing to wake up and let my body feel as good as it could? I'm tired of feeling sluggish and right now I have a cold and I think it's because of a terrible immune system. I really want to start living a healthier life, but it seems like this american food will never help.

here is that book again: sick and tired, by young, easily found at amazon, includes in the back of the book , a list of what to eat, what not to, and lists of such things as mycotoxin containing foods.
this is not a weightloss book, but people naturally loose weight eating this way, and gain energy and mental clarity. he also wrote: ph miracle for weight loss, by young.
you do not need to loose weight, but a lot of people are interested in that.

thuja
03-27-2008, 03:10 AM
I say plant a garden and subscribe to Organic Gardening magazine. You'll get fresh air, fresh foods and a fresh perspective about our connection to the earth. :) And tomatos!!! Yum!

this, of course, is the best way, and i hope i have luck with my first garden this year. i am picking rocks, and wondering if raised beds may be a good idea instead.
so nice to be outdoors, though.

soapmistress
03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Raised beds rock! It takes a while to prepare and puts off the instant gratification of such intense yardwork, but if you don't put in raised beds, you may well be wishing you'd done so. We have a lot of crabgrass around here so the raised beds pay off bigtime.

thuja
03-28-2008, 02:06 AM
:)
Raised beds rock! It takes a while to prepare and puts off the instant gratification of such intense yardwork, but if you don't put in raised beds, you may well be wishing you'd done so. We have a lot of crabgrass around here so the raised beds pay off bigtime.

thanks for the encouragement! i have a lot of that grass too, huge clumps of it, so this plan seems much better.