PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Steve Parent on Ron Paul Revolution Radio now. Listen/phone in.

Phantom
03-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Dr. Steve Parent is on Ron Paul Revolution Radio now talking about the delegate process.

If you have any questions regarding the process, please phone in or alternatively you can contact Dr. Steve Parent at newspaper4paul@hotmail.com.

Click here to listen to Ron Paul Revolution Radio (http://www.ronpaulrevolutionradio.com/listen.shtml)

For those who missed it, here is the recording of Dr. Steve Parent on Ron Paul Revolution Radio.

Part 1 (http://mp3.rprradio.com/16k/200803/20080326_Wed_Terbo1.mp3)

Part 2 (http://mp3.rprradio.com/16k/200803/20080326_Wed_Terbo2.mp3)

Thanks to rhoff on the Daily Paul forum (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/44250) for these links.

Dr. Steve Parent was on Bet On Ron Paul for 2hrs yesterday, March 26, 2008 as the featured guest.

Hour 1 (http://mp3.rprradio.com/16k/200803/20080326_Wed_Indy1.mp3)

Hour 2 (http://mp3.rprradio.com/16k/200803/20080326_Wed_Indy2.mp3)

Enjoy this also...Aloha

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 03:27 PM
i know he was on that show before too and many called in to bitch at him.

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
he is talking about Mccain and FEC issue

Phantom
03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Hopefully, there will be no bitching tonight smartguy911. This "Democrat" is doing a terrific job for the Ron Paul Revolution.

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 03:36 PM
well I want this Dr. Steve Parent guy to show his face or make a youtube saying I am Dr. Steve parent and this is how delegate process works etc.

Also, what kind of Dr. is he?

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Dr. Steve Parent Email - newspaper4paul@hotmail.com

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 03:50 PM
you know this guy is making some sense today :-)

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
i am hoping all of you are listening to this

Phantom
03-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, there will be a recording of this show.

If so, I will add it asap for those who missed it.

smartguy911
you know this guy is making some sense today

Totally! He knows what he is talking about and he is willing to phone anyone who needs educating and hold conference calls (at his own expense) to any meet-up group that needs his help.

How ironic, it took a democrat to wake the Ron Paul Revolutionaries up with his in-depth knowledge of the delegate process.

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Hopefully, there will be a recording of this show.

If so, I will add it asap for those who missed it.

smartguy911

Totally! He knows what he is talking about and he is willing to phone anyone who needs educating and hold conference calls (at his own expense) to any meet-up group that needs his help.

How ironic, it took a democrat to wake the Ron Paul Revolutionaries up with his in-depth knowledge of the delegate process.

I still want to know more about him though -

- his bio
- what kind of Dr.
- his face
- proof that he actually held a position in democratic party

Phantom
03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
smartguy911
I still want to know more about him though -

- his bio
- what kind of Dr.
- his face
- proof that he actually held a position in democratic party

Send him an e-mail.

He is defiantly an inspiration. I like the way he has stayed on the line to be on the following show.

What commitment and dedication he is showing for the Revolution! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 05:52 PM
holly crap he is still talking on the radio. wow wow

Phantom
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
smartguy911
holly crap he is still talking on the radio. wow wow

:D

He is doing a fantastic job.

frasu
03-26-2008, 06:20 PM
he is great keeping people into the fight... I like all the info he is putting out there

Banana
03-26-2008, 06:25 PM
As I can't listen into the radio, have anyone talked to him about how one can't assume that one method is same for all states?

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
As I can't listen into the radio, have anyone talked to him about how one can't assume that one method is same for all states?

He knows this, as far as I am aware.

Banana
03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
He knows this, as far as I am aware.

and does he encourage others to research their own states?

The post that was widely distributed on DailyPaul was considered to be bad by some because it didn't qualify that there may be state-specific process or something like that.

Phantom
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Banana
and does he encourage others to research their own states?

Yes! All the time.

Cowlesy
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
The guy (Steve) clearly is 100% in the fight for Ron Paul.

Fortunately I think most of the RP Radio listeners, and definitely RPForums readers know that each state is specific, and Steve's blanket statements about how primaries are straw polls (ridiculously false) and how we can unbind delegates (national convention rules not applicable to state convention rules----National Convention delegates are NOT synonymous with STATE or COUNTY convention delegates) is completely false.

I hope Steve keeps people in the fight, and if people need help, they ask questions in Grassroots Central where we will all try and help them.

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
The guy (Steve) clearly is 100% in the fight for Ron Paul.

Fortunately I think most of the RP Radio listeners, and definitely RPForums readers know that each state is specific, and Steve's blanket statements about how primaries are straw polls (ridiculously false) and how we can unbind delegates (national convention rules not applicable to state convention rules----National Convention delegates are NOT synonymous with STATE or COUNTY convention delegates) is completely false.

I hope Steve keeps people in the fight, and if people need help, they ask questions in Grassroots Central where we will all try and help them.

Well, many states primary results could, in theory, be invalidated at the state convention, given a sizable majority.

I think his thread at daily paul indicates he is aware of the differences between each state.

Cowlesy
03-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, many states primary results could, in theory, be invalidated at the state convention, given a sizable majority.

I think his thread at daily paul indicates he is aware of the differences between each state.

No, because how many states exactly have state conventions that actually have a say in electing national delegates?

In many states, each candidate provides a slate of delegates. The candidate that wins the state's primary gets his slate of delegates elected to the national convention. There is no side caucus for party people.

Phantom
03-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Cowlesy, I think Steve is on Ron Paul Revolution Radio tomorrow. I will post a link if he is and maybe you can give him a ring and tell him where you believe his information is ridiculously/completely false. :)

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 07:32 PM
No, because how many states exactly have state conventions that actually have a say in electing national delegates?

In many states, each candidate provides a slate of delegates. The candidate that wins the state's primary gets his slate of delegates elected to the national convention. There is no side caucus for party people.

I suppose we're in an argument over the semantics of the word 'many'. I know, for one, that our work in Louisiana, Washington, Missouri, was under the (correct) assumption that enough state-level work would affect the national outcome. Now, I realize the first two also have caucus components, but they also had primary components.

Beyond that, the slates can be over ridden by rules committees at some state conventions depending on the state.

Cowlesy
03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
McCain has enough delegates locked up with winner-take-all primaries (which, in fact, do count) + caucus delegates to lock in the nomination. If you can provide substantive evidence to the contrary, I would love to see it.

Why I need to keep fighting tooth and nail (as well as Steve) for every single county/state/national delegate is for getting our foot in the door to rebuild the Republican party, and give us a window incase McCain does in fact implode by the Nat'l Convention date (lots of forces are trying to make this happeN). If he doesn't implode, we are not going to take the nomination, but if he does, all bets are off.

We need to fight hard in each election up until the convention, but to say somehow that National Convention rules apply to delegates binding/unbinding for state/county conventions is just plain wrong.

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
McCain has enough delegates locked up with winner-take-all primaries (which, in fact, do count) + caucus delegates to lock in the nomination. If you can provide substantive evidence to the contrary, I would love to see it.

Why I need to keep fighting tooth and nail (as well as Steve) for every single county/state/national delegate is for getting our foot in the door to rebuild the Republican party, and give us a window incase McCain does in fact implode by the Nat'l Convention date (lots of forces are trying to make this happeN). If he doesn't implode, we are not going to take the nomination, but if he does, all bets are off.

We need to fight hard in each election up until the convention, but to say somehow that National Convention rules apply to delegates binding/unbinding for state/county conventions is just plain wrong.

If you had read my previous posts about delegates in other thread, you would realize that I am in no sense of illusion as to our chances of winning the presidency. I realize, barring some miracle, we will not win the presidency; however, it is important to have our voting bloc heard and acknowledged at the convention to further the efficacy of the movement.

Cowlesy
03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
If you had read my previous posts about delegates in other thread, you would realize that I am in no sense of illusion as to our chances of winning the presidency. I realize, barring some miracle, we will not win the presidency; however, it is important to have our voting bloc heard and acknowledged at the convention to further the efficacy of the movement.

Okay -- so are you finally Dr. Steve Parent? This whole time I was pretty certain it was Phantom as he is the resident Dr. Steve Parent cheerleader.

My point is, if you read what this guy (you if you're Steve) has written on Daily Paul, and you go to your State GOP and tell them your intentions for unbinding delegates by using National GOP Convention rules, they're going to have a hearty chuckle in your general direction.

We want every single person on this board to do what they can, but downloading the PDF from gop.org is NOT going to help them.

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Okay -- so are you finally Dr. Steve Parent? This whole time I was pretty certain it was Phantom as he is the resident Dr. Steve Parent cheerleader.

My point is, if you read what this guy (you if you're Steve) has written on Daily Paul, and you go to your State GOP and tell them your intentions for unbinding delegates by using National GOP Convention rules, they're going to have a hearty chuckle in your general direction.

We want every single person on this board to do what they can, but downloading the PDF from gop.org is NOT going to help them.

No, I'm not Dr. Steve, nor do I necessarily condone his broad-stroking of the delegate picture. I'm only a 17 year old high school student doing his best to help the campaign. What I was saying previously is that I agree with you 100%. ;)

smartguy911
03-27-2008, 01:13 AM
if you guys have question, contact him directly

Dr. Steve Parent Email - newspaper4paul@hotmail.com

Phantom
03-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Recording of the show added to original post.

Enjoy!

Phantom
03-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Two more links added to original post.

LibertyIn08
03-27-2008, 01:13 PM
How come most of these guys sound like they don't understand the system?

Confusing the US Senate with the Florida Senate is a rather large gaffe...