PDA

View Full Version : McCain To The Los Angeles World Affairs Council !!!

Hondarider76
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Has anyone read this yet. He blatantly comes out and promotes the North American Union!!! I'm Mad.

me3
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Pardon me, but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Phantom
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Link?

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah man link or youtube..give us something..

Sarge
03-26-2008, 03:38 PM
The guy is nuts. This is plain BS.

"Los Angeles - Republican presidential hopeful Senator John McCain has given his first major foreign policy speech. In an address to the Los Angeles World Affairs Council, he said he was opposed to a hasty withdrawal from Iraq, which he called an act of treason."

Does this mean anyone who wants out of the war is accused of treason?

This guy has to be stopped.

I was trying to find about the NAU and found the above while looking.

Those words should scare the heck out of Americans.

Sandra
03-26-2008, 03:47 PM
McCain has been calling it the "League of Democracies"

Not sure if it will be picked up by Marvel or DC.

Sarge
03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Here is the speech.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/03/26/mccain-holds-out-olive-branch-in-foreign-policy-speech/

Read and weep.

I hope some can add some great comments on treason etc.

Hondarider76
03-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Sorry for being so vague earlier. I was a bit rushed and was wanting to see if anyone had seen the bs he was spewing. A co-worker showed me the speech on McCan'ts website. I really couldn't link to it as I would hate to actually make it look like I had been there.

Quotes:"In such a world, where power of all kinds is more widely and evenly distributed, the United States cannot lead by virtue of its power alone. We must be strong politically, economically, and militarily. But we must also lead by attracting others to our cause, by demonstrating once again the virtues of freedom and democracy, by defending the rules of international civilized society and by creating the new international institutions necessary to advance the peace and freedoms we cherish. Perhaps above all, leadership in today's world means accepting and fulfilling our responsibilities as a great nation.

One of those responsibilities is to be a good and reliable ally to our fellow democracies. We cannot build an enduring peace based on freedom by ourselves, and we do not want to. We have to strengthen our global alliances as the core of a new global compact -- a League of Democracies -- that can harness the vast influence of the more than one hundred democratic nations around the world to advance our values and defend our shared interests.

At the heart of this new compact must be mutual respect and trust. Recall the words of our founders in the Declaration of Independence, that we pay "decent respect to the opinions of mankind." Our great power does not mean we can do whatever we want whenever we want, nor should we assume we have all the wisdom and knowledge necessary to succeed. We need to listen to the views and respect the collective will of our democratic allies. When we believe international action is necessary, whether military, economic, or diplomatic, we will try to persuade our friends that we are right. But we, in return, must be willing to be persuaded by them.

America must be a model citizen if we want others to look to us as a model. How we behave at home affects how we are perceived abroad. We must fight the terrorists and at the same time defend the rights that are the foundation of our society. We can't torture or treat inhumanely suspected terrorists we have captured. I believe we should close Guantanamo and work with our allies to forge a new international understanding on the disposition of dangerous detainees under our control.

There is such a thing as international good citizenship. We need to be good stewards of our planet and join with other nations to help preserve our common home. The risks of global warming have no borders. We and the other nations of the world must get serious about substantially reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the coming years or we will hand off a much-diminished world to our grandchildren. We need a successor to the Kyoto Treaty, a cap-and-trade system that delivers the necessary environmental impact in an economically responsible manner. We Americans must lead by example and encourage the participation of the rest of the world, including most importantly, the developing economic powerhouses of China and India.

With globalization, our hemisphere has grown closer, more integrated, and more interdependent. Latin America today is increasingly vital to the fortunes of the United States. Americans north and south share a common geography and a common destiny. The countries of Latin America are the natural partners of the United States, and our northern neighbor Canada.

Relations with our southern neighbors must be governed by mutual respect, not by an imperial impulse or by anti-American demagoguery. The promise of North, Central, and South American life is too great for that. I believe the Americas can and must be the model for a new 21st century relationship between North and South. Ours can be the first completely democratic hemisphere, where trade is free across all borders, where the rule of law and the power of free markets advance the security and prosperity of all.

And he does call it the "League of Democracies", not to be confused with that ill-fated Connery flick "The League of Gentlemen". He is a lunatic!! McCain, not Connery. And I actually have acquaintances that still feel like voting for Ron will be a wasted vote. My states primaries aren't even here yet!

That speech needs to be heard the nation wide and hopefully people will be able to pick up on what he's talking about and not just turn a deaf ear as usual.

Hondarider76