PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to WIN in Idaho?

spacehabitats
03-26-2008, 08:29 AM
We need a tipping point.
In chemistry there is a concept called the "energy of activation". Combustible materials can sit side by side for years without catching fire. They need a spark, a concentrated source of heat to push the molecules over that critical edge that will allow them to combine, SETTING OFF MORE HEAT!

That is what ignites a fire. And once ignited it is self-sustaining.
What could ignite our revolution? Well, a win in one of the upcoming primary states could be just such a spark.
Is it likely? No.
Is it possible? I think so.
Would it be worth it? Absolutely!
The potential benefits to our movement, our morale, and the ongoing cause of liberty would be tremendous!

With the dismal showings in primaries so far, how do I think this is possible? The MSM media is still against us and will continue its national blackout. Our numbers and morale have been decimated.

1) John McCain and his supporters believe he has the nomination “sewn up”. Whether he does or not is irrelevant. The belief is enough to eliminate any reason for his followers to make it to the polls. If you thought the turn out for the Republican primaries were anemic before, they will only get worse now.

2) There is no competition for the “anyone-but-McCain” votes. The fact that Huckabee received a substantial number of votes after he quit is more of a testament to how much John is disliked than it is to his own popularity. Almost all of the votes should have gone to Ron Paul. With the right campaign strategy they will.

3) There are some red states left that have a substantial number of Republicans that would love to have someone to vote for other than John McCain.

4) Some of these states, like Nebraska and Idaho, have relatively small populations that are concentrated in a small geographical area. This would make it far easier to reach a substantial percentage of voters with far less expenditure of manpower or money.

5) On a local level, the strangle hold of the CFR-controlled media is minimized. Trust me, a speech or rally by a presidential candidate in Omaha will make the evening news.

6) The only way a Republican primary vote will have any meaning now is if it sends a message to the Republican establishment that the rank and file members are UNHAPPY with the candidate that is being forced down there throat. The only way to send that message effectively is to vote for Ron Paul. We can communicate that if we are given the right tools.

So what’s the catch? We need to change our strategy. And by “we”, I mean Ron Paul.
Since the beginning of this campaign he has been far too detached. He spent fewer days in Iowa than any other candidate and it cost him dearly (maybe even the nomination if you consider that he was within 3% of beating both McCain and Thompson). Regardless of his rationale for that decision, he needs to understand the importance of changing his ways, at least temporarily. He has never seemed to appreciate the importance of retail politics to this campaign. That means public appearances, speeches, and rallies by HIM, not a surrogate or a band of supporters. THAT will get him in the news and nothing less. But what I’m talking about is little more than the time an author would spend on a book tour.

And that brings us back to the tipping point. Combustion occurs not from the amount of heat, but the concentration of heat. If the campaign can convince just 50,000 voters between now and May to vote for Ron Paul he could WIN the primary in Nebraska. Spread that same number over five states and you might not even be able to detect the percentage change. Even put them all in Pennsylvania and it probably wouldn’t make the front page.

But I need your help. Dr. Paul is not going to do this just for fun. He will respond to us IF WE ASK HIM TO DO THIS. Otherwise it will be business as usual and we will have lost a golden opportunity to gain invaluable credibility for our entire movement.

Write him. Email him. Beg him to do this for us and for America.
Cut and paste the following message and send it to:

http://www.ronpaul2008.co... (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form)

Dear Dr. Paul,
As a loyal supporter and lover of liberty I would like to urge you to consider investing your precious time in an all out effort to win in either Nebraska or Idaho.
I believe that the chances of a substantial showing (or even a win) in a small conservative state’s primary at this time are significant and the potential benefits to our movement would be tremendous; but this can only be accomplished if you commit yourself to frequent personal campaign visits. I know that you have told us that the campaign is winding down, and I also know that this would require a great sacrifice of time and energy on your part. I would not ask this if I did not believe that it would be a great help to our ongoing struggle for liberty. Thank you for everything that you have done and will continue to do for this, our cause.

LibertyIn08
03-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Post this in grassroots central as well.

Perhaps some people in Idaho would be interested in running newspaper ads in conjunction with the High Tide ad?

I'd be glad to help you out in any way possible.

Carehn
03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Im in Bellevue Idaho and doing all i can to help. YEEHAA!

spacehabitats
03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks for responding. Yes, I will post on Grassroots Central. I have done similar posts before which get buried before much response occurs. Keep working and so will I.

smallsheep
04-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Don't Lobby Dr. Paul for this. It's up to you to go out and do this. Don't sit around waiting for some higher centralized authority to act. Go out and start to convert people's hearts yourself!

tajitj
05-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Check these blogs out. An effort to get Dems to vote Paul. Dems already had a caucus with low turn out. Efforts to get them to go vote for Paul to play the Rush game on Republicans.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/category/ron-paul/

1776Patriot
05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Paul of course came to Idaho, one town and then he was gone. :( So much for campaigning to win... Mot even a stop in Boise, Twin Falls, Pocatello - shoot, last ellection even Nader stopped by Poky. :(

spacehabitats
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Paul of course came to Idaho, one town and then he was gone. :( So much for campaigning to win... Mot even a stop in Boise, Twin Falls, Pocatello - shoot, last ellection even Nader stopped by Poky. :(

The only thing I can figure is that RP thinks that somehow a primary win would be impossible and a "real" campaign would be a distraction from our ongoing mission.

I disagree on both counts.

Ron Paul Vermont
05-15-2008, 08:47 AM
The only thing I can figure is that RP thinks that somehow a primary win would be impossible and a "real" campaign would be a distraction from our ongoing mission.

I disagree on both counts.

Ron Paul got 30% in Montana and Idaho is right next door! Im sure RP could do really well there. Heck he did 20% or above in most of the north-western states. If he did some real campaigning Im sure he could win.

spacehabitats
05-28-2008, 05:45 PM
To see if anyone else is frustrated to tears by the lack of support the grassroots has gotten in these last few primary states?

OptionsTrader
05-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Congrats Idaho. Some smart folks you all are :) The smartest person I've ever met was from Pocatello.

Bronnster
06-05-2008, 10:38 PM
***Hoping that the good Doctor will come through and stay a bit longer in Idaho soon***