PDA

View Full Version : What to do about Nancy Reagan? Aarrrrgh.

wgadget
03-26-2008, 06:06 AM
This morning on my talk radio station, I heard Nancy Reagan say something to the effect that she and "Ronnie" usually wait until the Republican nominee is chosen before they endorse anyone, but since McCain IS the nominee, she went ahead and did it now....sheesh.

Read this article on the subject:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/03/25/politics/fromtheroad/entry3968215.shtml

She is either senile, uninformed, or belligerent. I can't tell which it is, but someone should inform the lady of the truth. Email bomb?

constituent
03-26-2008, 06:12 AM
all of the above.

"just say no?"

what a maroon.

Akus
03-26-2008, 06:14 AM
This morning on my talk radio station, I heard Nancy Reagan say something to the effect that she and "Ronnie" usually wait until the Republican nominee is chosen before they endorse anyone, but since McCain IS the nominee, she went ahead and did it now....sheesh.

She is either senile, uninformed, or belligerent. I can't tell which it is, but someone should inform the lady of the truth. Email bomb?

No, let her alone, she's old.

Join The Paul Side
03-26-2008, 07:36 AM
She considers Juan McCain her friend. That is why she endorsed him. I don't think she endorsed him for his brilliant economic mind or strategy to end the war and promote peace, nope! She endorsed him just because she thinks he is a swell fellow like the seniors that gave him the popular vote. Old people don't vote on issues they vote on perception of character.

Zolah
03-26-2008, 07:41 AM
I thought she endorsed him months ago? And I think she is senile anyway.

hopeforamerica
03-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Senile for sure.....

Aratus
03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
nope... the white house LIED LIED LIED LIED to her...

runderwo
03-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Nancy Reagan, yet another career politician heading for the dustbin of history.

Signzit
03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
She considers Juan McCain her friend. That is why she endorsed him. I don't think she endorsed him for his brilliant economic mind or strategy to end the war and promote peace, nope! She endorsed him just because she thinks he is a swell fellow like the seniors that gave him the popular vote. Old people don't vote on issues they vote on perception of character.

Character, use to be what was most important, in our leaders, that sadly is lost now, except for Ron Paul, of course.

Now it's indeed just that, the "perception of character" and really not even that, if Press wants to give you a "Pass".

Vendico
05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Someone needs to leak that Nancy has changed her support to RP. It will make headlines and force them to look into what Reagan would have against RP, which I don't think he had anything against RP.

Might spark more conversation about RP.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Why would she support RP? She's a big proponent of the Federal WoD

Vendico
05-17-2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGtc4jdIeCo&feature=PlayList&p=64FACCE39696CD48&index=1

Timestamp 5:32 shows Reagan picture.

This youtube is what sparked my earlier thought.

constitutional
05-17-2008, 01:14 PM

She's old, G.W. Bush was V.P. of Reagan, and current Bush is son of G.W. Bush who has also endorsed McCain. The last thing she wants at this age is to loose what she has gain (of course it's selfish) so she went ahead and endorsed McCain.

And geez, why does her opinion count? The hell she cares about the average seniors or even average young american. She has her time coming.

LibertyEagle
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Old people don't vote on issues they vote on perception of character.

Oh, that's just so much bullshit, I can't even believe it.

Before you start knocking people over 40, how about you explain why so many young people are fawning at Obama's feet over his nondescript "issue" of Change. No definition of what that is, mind you, but hell yes, let's just change. Who cares what he means by that. :rolleyes:

The One
05-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh, that's just so much bullshit, I can't even believe it.

Before you start knocking people over 40, how about you explain why so many young people are fawning at Obama's feet over his nondescript "issue" of Change. No definition of what that is, mind you, but hell yes, let's just change. Who cares what he means by that. :rolleyes:

Old people suck. I'm sorry for your oldness.:p

LibertyEagle
05-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Old people suck. I'm sorry for your oldness.:p

"Old people" are who saved your ass from being in world government long before now. You've also been supporting an "old person", who is one heck of a lot older than I am.... Ron Paul.

By the way, great attitude. I'm sure it attracted a lot of people over 30 to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

The One
05-17-2008, 03:05 PM
"Old people" are who saved your ass from being in world government long before now. You've also been supporting an "old person", who is one heck of a lot older than I am.... Ron Paul.

By the way, great attitude. I'm sure it attracted a lot of people over 30 to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

You crack me up. It's so easy to get you all worked-up. Don't have a stroke, old lady.:p

bulloncoins
05-17-2008, 03:08 PM
What to do? Are you kiddding? Quick, someone get a skeleton and put it in a designer dress and wig and have it say ..."I am Nacy Reagan, and I support Ron Paul for President"..... you tube it and put it out there.......99% of the people will think it is the real deal.

:p

JohnMeridith
05-17-2008, 03:09 PM
as horrible as it sounds, what does she care? shes got one foot in the grave. Why would she want to make waves?

amy31416
05-17-2008, 03:09 PM
You crack me up. It's so easy to get you all worked-up. Don't have a stroke, old lady.:p

Congratulations on your obnoxiousness, your mom must be proud.

Cowlesy
05-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Good grief, leave Mrs. Reagan alone. I don't know zip about her other than her and President Reagan were inseparable and a loving couple, and she's probably just doing what she thinks President Reagan would do whether it is, or isn't what he'd do.

Honestly, if we start demonizing Nancy Reagan, I'm really going to start worrying about the direction of this --- good grief.

The One
05-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Congratulations on your obnoxiousness, your mom must be proud.

I'm so disappointed in you, my little pus.....eh, nevermind.

Seriously, though, must you suck-up to the mods? It's not very becoming.

For the record....my grandparents are old, and I love them. Ron Paul is old, and I love him. Someday, all my friends, siblings, and my wife will be old. I'll love them.

I was just giving LibertyEagle a little shit cuz she gets her panties in a knot so easily. Geez....can't anyone take a joke?

amy31416
05-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm so disappointed in you, my little pus.....eh, nevermind.

Seriously, though, must you suck-up to the mods? It's not very becoming.

For the record....my grandparents are old, and I love them. Ron Paul is old, and I love him. Someday, all my friends, siblings, and my wife will be old. I'll love them.

I was just giving LibertyEagle a little shit cuz she gets her panties in a knot so easily. Geez....can't anyone take a joke?

Calling you obnoxious when you're being so is sucking up? I've called you plenty of things that have nothing to do with any of the mods, chief. :)

P.S. Jokes are funny.

The One
05-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Calling you obnoxious when you're being so is sucking up? I've called you plenty of things that have nothing to do with any of the mods, chief. :)

P.S. Jokes are funny.

It was funny to me, but now you've hurt my feelers.:( I'm gonna go admire my horse-shlong in the mirror to make myself feel better.

BTW--I've been working in the yard since noon. Working in the yard always involves beer-drinking. Is everything starting to make sense now?

LibertyEagle
05-17-2008, 03:34 PM

There was a whole lot of "old people" and assorted other bashing going on during the campaign. I do not think this was a winning strategy then, nor do I think it is now.

Read this and see if any of it rings true to you.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102451

LibertyEagle
05-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm gonna go admire my horse-shlong in the mirror to make myself feel better.

Those that feel the need to talk about it, usually don't have it. ;)

amy31416
05-17-2008, 03:35 PM
It was funny to me, but now you've hurt my feelers.:( I'm gonna go admire my horse-shlong in the mirror to make myself feel better.

BTW--I've been working in the yard since noon. Working in the yard always involves beer-drinking. Is everything starting to make sense now?

Ahhhh yes. Thanks for the clarification.

Hope admiring the schlong helps repair the feelers. . .good luck!

The One
05-17-2008, 03:37 PM
There was a whole lot of "old people" and assorted other bashing going on during the campaign. I do not think this was a winning strategy then, nor do I think it is now.

Read this and see if any of it rings true to you.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102451

Seriously, you gotta lighten-up.

Go ahead, call me past-my-prime with signs of gray and a receding hairline. I promise not to get mad.

The One
05-17-2008, 03:39 PM

You're right....it actually looks like the genitalia of a toddler. Now I feel even worse. Thanks alot.:p

Danke

No, that makes no sense. Drinking Gin and Tonic during yard work would however. Beer is for BBQs and watching football.

JosephTheLibertarian

Do you have it? lol

LibertyEagle
05-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Do you have it? lol

Uh, no. I'm a woman. ;)

yongrel
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
What a waste of internet.

The One
05-17-2008, 04:00 PM
What a waste of internet.

Your post???

asgardshill
05-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Your post???

No, yours. :rolleyes:

The One
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
No, yours. :rolleyes:

Yours?

asgardshill
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Yours?

See above.

WRellim
05-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Umm... this is the woman that used to consult astrologers...

And, apparently she has forgotten that dear "Ronnie" is pushing up daisies (while rolling over in his grave no doubt) and won't be endorsing ANYONE this year.

Besides, no one cares, she is batsh*t crazy and has been for years.

thedemoboy
05-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Ya know, I was pining for a Nancy endorsement several months ago when the GOP held their debate at the Reagan Library with Mrs. Reagan in attendance. But after having some time to think about it... if she did, we would hear the same "she's old and nuts" excuse from the media.
Have mercy on that poor woman if she gave RP the nod. The MSM would chew her up and spit her out.

lynnf
05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Umm... this is the woman that used to consult astrologers...

And, apparently she has forgotten that dear "Ronnie" is pushing up daisies (while rolling over in his grave no doubt) and won't be endorsing ANYONE this year.

Besides, no one cares, she is batsh*t crazy and has been for years.

what do you mean used to? don't you think she still does? somebody ask her if she consulted the astrologer about supporting McCain!

lynn

flames2dust77
05-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow, since when do people care what Nancy Reagan thinks lately? This is news to me. But I find it a bit strange people are so rude about her. She's a little old lady...leave her alone. There's one thing that has always annoyed me in this country....the lack of respect for elderly people. In certain other societies they are respected and cherished like they should be. Nevermind, they have more life experience than you. :rolleyes: Just plain disrespectful. Assholes.

familydog
05-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow, since when do people care what Nancy Reagan thinks lately? This is news to me. But I find it a bit strange people are so rude about her. She's a little old lady...leave her alone. There's one thing that has always annoyed me in this country....the lack of respect for elderly people. In certain other societies they are respected and cherished like they should be. Nevermind, they have more life experience than you. :rolleyes: Just plain disrespectful. Assholes.

Yes but she didn't endorse Ron Paul. Since she didn't endorse Ron Paul, she is everything that is wrong with humanities existence. Anyone who doesn't endorse our man is our enemy and deserves to be laughed at, maimed, and verbally assualted. She will learn her lesson!!!

bulloncoins
05-18-2008, 08:34 AM
This may come as a major shock to some of you, but some of us have been making fun of Nancy Regan for decades. Yes there I said it. Can you believe it?

What next? People laughing at Cher? OMG what is the world coming to?

LibertyEagle
05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
This may come as a major shock to some of you, but some of us have been making fun of Nancy Regan for decades. Yes there I said it. Can you believe it?

Interesting and very adult of you. Tell me, does that strategy work well for you when you are talking to Republicans about Ron Paul? Because you do realize that the Reagans are thought of very fondly by most Republicans and a whole lot of conservatives.

bulloncoins
05-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Interesting and very adult of you. Tell me, does that strategy work well for you when you are talking to Republicans about Ron Paul? Because you do realize that the Reagans are thought of very fondly by most Republicans and a whole lot of conservatives.

And I bet 99% of them even know a joke when they hear it or read it on a forum.

asgardshill
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM

+1

Just consider the source :rolleyes:

WRellim
05-18-2008, 09:50 PM
what do you mean used to? don't you think she still does? somebody ask her if she consulted the astrologer about supporting McCain!

lynn

Oops... my bad. (If I can offer an excuse... I think of her in the past tense. :D )

WRellim
05-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Oh, I would say that she is NOT simply a "little old lady" (do you remember the old TV series that starred Reagan's FIRST wife -- Jane Wyman -- FalconCrest proved that not all "little old ladies" are nice!)

No Nancy is/was a meddlesome batsh*t crazy person. If she would just keep her trap shut... I would respect her for that.

Endorsing a *sociopath* like J. McCain? Worthy of my DISrespect and utter DISGUST!

Oh, and as an "older" person myself... (according to your philosophy) YOU can't disrespect my opinion.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Good grief, leave Mrs. Reagan alone. I don't know zip about her other than her and President Reagan were inseparable and a loving couple, and she's probably just doing what she thinks President Reagan would do whether it is, or isn't what he'd do.

Honestly, if we start demonizing Nancy Reagan, I'm really going to start worrying about the direction of this --- good grief.

How about the Federal War on Drugs that she pushed for expanding?

JosephTheLibertarian
05-19-2008, 12:08 AM

She needs to be put into a mental asylum.

hopeforamerica
05-19-2008, 08:59 AM
It would be interesting if Reagan were alive today (and of clear mind), what he would have done with this election. I would hope he would have endorsed Ron Paul, but remember Reagan talked a good game, but wasn't all that great.