PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire rumor true?!?!?

Jeremy
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't know if this is related to those rumors from a while ago, but yesterday RP had a long interview on Republic Broadcasting Network. OK... near the end of the interview the guy interviewing Paul (who is obviously a very active RP supporter) said there is a pool of individuals and they are "dumping up to a hundred million dollars" into a "parallel campaign" (because they can't do it with the official campaign). This isn't a thing like "ya, let's get Paul in the Whitehouse... here's millions of dollars right now".... the guy said they'd buy radio stations and educate people with the message of freedom and he had a good line: "people don't even know the country they are living in anymore."

Listen to it for yourself:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4531022591703162274&hl=en

(start it at about 20:10)

Wow, imagine if you were RP being told that. lol... listen to his reaction =p

edit: here's another cool thing the guy said "I'm going to make sure millions of people hear this"

frasu
03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
bump...

The One
03-25-2008, 05:33 PM
I listened. He said it. He sounds credible. Sure is hard to believe, though. I guess time will tell.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-25-2008, 05:37 PM
I wonder what the "parallel campaign" is. Does this mean some other candidate who is going to run independent, like Bob Barr, after Ron Paul is out for good in the fall? Or was he referring to the national organization supposedly in the works, which Alex Jones has talked about on his radio show with Ron Paul. He seems to know something is coming, but won't release the details Ron Paul has given him about it prematurely.

soapmistress
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe that's why Rush refuses to talk about the economy... cause he's funding the monetary radio re-education project and wants to profit off of both audiences. LOLOLOL j/k of course

Jeremy
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I wonder what the "parallel campaign" is. Does this mean some other candidate who is going to run independent, like Bob Barr, after Ron Paul is out for good in the fall? Or was he referring to the national organization supposedly in the works, which Alex Jones has talked about on his radio show with Ron Paul. He seems to know something is coming, but won't release the details Ron Paul has given him about it prematurely.

No, I think he means it is kind of a thing to carry the message... I don't know if he meant a campaign for an actual candidate... who knows... but they can't give it to the Paul campaign, so how would they be able to give it to someone else's campaign... I don't think he means campaign like that

liberteebell
03-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, what are they waiting for???? Engraved invitations?? This show needs to get on the road and fast.

SL89
03-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Resources! Bump!

The One
03-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Well, what are they waiting for???? Engraved invitations?? This show needs to get on the road and fast.

I agree, but assuming this is true, I imagine it takes time to buy 100 million dollars worth of radio and TV stations. Those kind of business transactions don't happen overnight.

clintontj72
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah...he was definitely talking about the 100 million being used to buy radio stations and spread the reach of the R3VOLUTION !

SteveMartin
03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
OK...So, where does this leave all those people who called me "nuts" and a "rumor monger?"

DeadtoSin
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I never called you any of that, but you are a pretty divisive and rude person. That'll still stick I think.

*Edit*

I don't mean it in an insulting way, but thats just how I see it. If I see your posts stop causing so much drama I think I'll retract that.

The One
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
OK...So, where does this leave all those people who called me "nuts" and a "rumor monger?"

I was one of those people, and if this turns out to be true I will change my signature to the following:

"Steve Martin, you were right....I was wrong, you are smart.....I am dumb, you are good-looking......I am not attractive."

rockandrollsouls
03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
leaves one question -

Why couldn't they start spreading the knowledge a couple months earlier huh?

I mean, if you have a million plus dollars you don't get it in a short period of time.

SteveMartin
03-25-2008, 06:50 PM
They had one demand...that RP remove KS, LM, JS, JB and allow a real campaign team to take over. At that time (December into January) RP did not know what he probably does know now, and was unwilling.

I am hoping things have changed...

NoxTwilight
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
with people I deal with .. don't tell me what you're going to do .. tell me and SHOW me what you HAVE done. This comes from many years of seeing the opposite, anyone can talk big, it is only actions that count in the end.

This would just be too late for Ron's campaign. Now if this is to support our fight for a Ron Paul Republican for 2012 then fine or to really spread the message big time main stream, fine but all talk and no action and visible, tangible results is useless rumor and will distract us YET AGAIN!

Jeremy
03-25-2008, 07:02 PM

You're still nuts. ;)

And many of us, including me, never actually thought the rumors were false...

Jeremy
03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
with people I deal with .. don't tell me what you're going to do .. tell me and SHOW me what you HAVE done. This comes from many years of seeing the opposite, anyone can talk big, it is only actions that count in the end.

This would just be too late for Ron's campaign. Now if this is to support our fight for a Ron Paul Republican for 2012 then fine or to really spread the message big time main stream, fine but all talk and no action and visible, tangible results is useless rumor and will distract us YET AGAIN!

Read my post. I said it wasn't a thing like "lol, we have millions of dollars for Ron Paul and now he can win last minute." I also don't think it's for any candidate at any time... but it IS for the message of freedom / the r3VOLution and continuing Ron Paul's ideas

haaaylee
03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
if this was real and there was a flood of radio/tv/adverts that could still overwhelm and possibly influence delegates who may be more willing than they were before to vote their heart on the first round ......... ?

snpage
03-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Blimp

Geronimo
03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Double blimp

smartguy911
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
holly crap...wat the hell..

$100 million for parallel campaign. buy radio stations..reeducation for America. wow wow wow..simply amazing

kigol
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
:cool:

Feelgood
03-25-2008, 08:27 PM
A fleet of Blimps? The United Federation of RP Blimps? :D

pinkmandy
03-25-2008, 08:28 PM
*fingers crossed*

I didn't call you names, Steve, but I did doubt the veracity of your sources. If this is true, I'll be thrilled to add a Steve Martin is AWESOME line in my siggie. ;)

Zera
03-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Whats with you people and blimps? Jesus, we don't need to be mocked and made fun of again. Something that actually delivers the message would be a lot better.

Is this guy willing to buy Cumulus? Cumulus has the biggest FM radio stations and could really help. Buying a whole cable channel dedicated to Ron Paul and his views would also be nice...

SteveMartin
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Again, I am not saying it will happen, only that my personal opinion was that the people who were saying the billionaire was for real checked out to my personal satisfaction as credible people. That's it. That's all I ever said...

Zera
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Again, I am not saying it will happen, only that my personal opinion was that the people who were saying the billionaire was for real checked out to my personal satisfaction as credible people. That's it. That's all I ever said...

Who's this billionaire dude I've heard of? A guy who people thought had a billion dollars willing to donate a lot to Paul, only to find out he didn't exist?

LibertyIn08
03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
"
In an SEC filing today, Cumulus Media said it has received consent from its lender group to permit a merger. On March 5, the company announced that it had commenced discussions with the lenders under its existing credit agreement to enter into an amendment to permit a merger with an investment group led by Lewis Dickey, the Company’s Chairman, President and CEO, and an affiliate of Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity.

"On March 13, 2008, the Company received consents from members of the lending group holding in excess of 50 percent of the debt required to enter into such an amendment," reads the filing.

Consummation of the merger remains subject to various conditions, including approval by the stockholders, FCC approval and other customary closing conditions. This has been a long-standing process, as it was originally announced back in July 2007. Dickey stated at the time, "This transaction represents an important chapter in our Company’s history. We strongly believe in this industry and in the long-term opportunities to grow the business. I look forward to working closely with our talented team and our new partners to build upon our success.""

The One
03-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Whats with you people and blimps? Jesus, we don't need to be mocked and made fun of again. Something that actually delivers the message would be a lot better.

Is this guy willing to buy Cumulus? Cumulus has the biggest FM radio stations and could really help. Buying a whole cable channel dedicated to Ron Paul and his views would also be nice...

Buying a cable channel dedicated to RP's views??? Do you really think anybody other than us would watch it? Most people don't care, and they would rather watch American Idol.

People will have to be spoonfed little pieces of information from all kinds of different sources, just like they get their daily regimen of propaganda now from Fox, CNN, radio stations, sitcoms, movies, etc.

wgadget
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Maybe a piece of Clear Channel?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/25/report-clear-channel-dea_n_93403.html

Does anyone know who the interviewer is?

wgadget
03-25-2008, 08:44 PM

I remember Ron's son or grandson or somebody saying it was for real too. I think it was an interview that was done in Texas....

The One
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I remember Ron's son or grandson or somebody saying it was for real too. I think it was an interview that was done in Texas....

I remember that, too. I'm pretty sure it was a grandson.

wgadget
03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
For some reason, I got the idea that that interview was done from TX as well. But I haven't a clue...

smartguy911
03-25-2008, 09:05 PM
"
In an SEC filing today, Cumulus Media said it has received consent from its lender group to permit a merger. On March 5, the company announced that it had commenced discussions with the lenders under its existing credit agreement to enter into an amendment to permit a merger with an investment group led by Lewis Dickey, the Company’s Chairman, President and CEO, and an affiliate of Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity.

"On March 13, 2008, the Company received consents from members of the lending group holding in excess of 50 percent of the debt required to enter into such an amendment," reads the filing.

Consummation of the merger remains subject to various conditions, including approval by the stockholders, FCC approval and other customary closing conditions. This has been a long-standing process, as it was originally announced back in July 2007. Dickey stated at the time, "This transaction represents an important chapter in our Company’s history. We strongly believe in this industry and in the long-term opportunities to grow the business. I look forward to working closely with our talented team and our new partners to build upon our success.""

huh..i am confused :confused::confused: why did u paste that here?

The One
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
huh..i am confused :confused::confused: why did u paste that here?

I think he was just speculating......

Hook
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh God, not the Billionaire again!! :D

menoname
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
I think the person's name is Bill Ian Aire. Thats what I heard anyway. Maybe I should listen to the interview first.

LibertyIn08
03-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Someone said to purchase Cumulus. I posted that, as, unless Dickey is the mystery millionaire, such a purchase seems unlikely

Jeremy
03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I think the person's name is Bill Ian Aire. Thats what I heard anyway. Maybe I should listen to the interview first.

<_<

Yes you should :rolleyes:

snpage
03-25-2008, 09:54 PM

Are you serious? The only reason I said "blimp" was as a play on the word "bump", like I think a lot of people here do. Give me a break.

menoname
03-25-2008, 09:55 PM
<_<

Yes you should :rolleyes:

So, from what I've listen to, there are a couple of people that are going to pool money for the cause. Looks pretty good. I hope its not just talk.

ronpaulhawaii
03-25-2008, 09:57 PM

Still here...

Main Entry: 1ru·mor
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rēon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars Date: 14th century
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

or perhaps:

Main Entry: 1gos·sip
Etymology: Middle English gossib, from Old English godsibb, from god god + sibb kinsman, from sibb related
Date: before 12th century
1 a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others
2 a: rumor or report of an intimate nature
b: a chatty talk
c: the subject matter of gossip

:p

At least this latest report had RP on-line to lend it credibility...

If it's true..., better late than never:), "sounds" great...

Kotin
03-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Zera please go away.

amy31416
03-25-2008, 10:37 PM

Still right here, waiting to see what plays out.

The difference is, you had no true sources, just rumors. And, ultimately, your billionaire rumors proved to be false, yet you continue to take your same "source" as the god's honest truth. You got a lot of people's hopes up, and that is why I take issue with you.

This matter isn't a ploy to make us all believe that we'll magically triumph Hollywood-style via some mega-rich savior, this is to continue this movement. It may or may not happen, hard to say.

You were instrumental in disappointing a lot of people with that billionaire thread, and that is why a lot of people are still angry with you. Now with the new rumors...accch.

Seriously, you're like Santa Claus promising the world to Dickensian kids, then you don't understand why they're all crying when the space under their Charlie Brown tree is void. You also don't understand that people don't forget things like that.

Rhys
03-25-2008, 10:53 PM
he actualy said 150 mill to buy radio stations, right?

CurtisLow
03-25-2008, 11:31 PM
"they'd buy radio stations" It's not my money but a flood of newspaper ad's would be great.

freedomthread
03-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Hmm he says that right after Ron Paul complains about how much money it takes to run for a 3rd party. I think this guy wants to get Ron Paul to do a 3rd party run so he can compete with the other media and promote his media channels through Ron Paul or something. Makes sense, if the grassroots start promoting his radio / tv / whatever outlets then it's good business for him :) win/win deal, everyone's happy xcept the CFR :)

ahhh my optimistic nature is probably playing tricks on me, as usual :)

HollyforRP
03-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Awesome! The alternative media we need right now!!

pacelli
03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know if this is related to those rumors from a while ago, but yesterday RP had a long interview on Republic Broadcasting Network. OK... near the end of the interview the guy interviewing Paul (who is obviously a very active RP supporter) said there is a pool of individuals and they are "dumping up to a hundred million dollars" into a "parallel campaign" (because they can't do it with the official campaign). This isn't a thing like "ya, let's get Paul in the Whitehouse... here's millions of dollars right now".... the guy said they'd buy radio stations and educate people with the message of freedom and he had a good line: "people don't even know the country they are living in anymore."

Listen to it for yourself:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4531022591703162274&hl=en

(start it at about 20:10)

Wow, imagine if you were RP being told that. lol... listen to his reaction =p

edit: here's another cool thing the guy said "I'm going to make sure millions of people hear this"

He absolutely did say that, kind of out of the blue too.

pacelli
03-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I remember that, too. I'm pretty sure it was a grandson.

Matt Pyeatt, Ron's Grandson, said that when he was still broadcasting on ron paul revolution radio.

smartguy911
03-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Matt Pyeatt, Ron's Grandson, said that when he was still broadcasting on ron paul revolution radio.

yes he said something like "we got a billionaire or millionaire on our side". I still don't know if it's true but I guess we keep trying our best.

DFF
03-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah...he was definitely talking about the 100 million being used to buy radio stations and spread the reach of the R3VOLUTION !

Which is what is what this all about: overthrowing this despicable government we've all unwittingly become indentured servants too.

TulsaRevolution
03-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Word!

acptulsa
03-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Given the state of the dollar, what good could a millionaire do? We're getting to the point where a billionaire wouldn't help much.

bucfish
03-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey lets hope and pray someone has enough conjones to step up to the plate!

Remember OUR FOUNDERS Pledged

Their wealth, their lives and their sacred honor!

Carole
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
A bunch of radio stations would be great (hope one is in my area). :)

And best of all would be one channel on television devoted entirely to truthful information and news and the cause of liberty and peace. No more lies and no sound bite news. No Brittany or Paris. Just the truth and good information to help all Americans. Liberty, news and investment channel- that would be my dream. :D

ItsTime
03-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope they are FM

mysticgeek
03-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Interesting.

JaylieWoW
03-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Hmm... this is a very interesting thread for me because just yesterday I was speaking with a co-worker (a geologist) who used to work in the oil and gas industry for, none other than, Nelson Bunker Hunt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Bunker_Hunt). This co-worker actually saw one of the airplanes loaded with silver as it arrived. (If you don't know what I'm talking about follow the above link and read up about Bunker Hunt.

As a side note before I continue my speculation, he told me a very funny story about Mr. Hunt. He says a co-worker once saw Mr. Hunt at a Willie Nelson concert. This amused his co-worker because Mr. Hunt never seemed to express any interest in Willie Nelson's music. So, this co-worker greets Mr. Hunt and tells him, "why, I had no idea you were a Willie Nelson fan...".

Mr. Hunt responds that ..."he's not a fan, but this guy made over 3 million just last year alone and he wanted to see how he did it". :D

Anyway, Nelson Hunt has been involved with the John Birch society and as you can imagine he more than likely fully supports seeing the FED dismantled (again, follow the link if you don't get it).

I just wonder if this might be the very individual they are talking about?

gb13
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
This would be amazing!

Get the ball rolling already :D

ItsTime
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
it takes time to spend $100 million. contracts are a bitch :) It will be worth the wait.

phixion
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Radio won't cut it - if they aren't going national with TV adverts and interrupting the flock during their nightly prime-time they may as well burn the 100 million.

It's all nonsense anyway. It's not happening. Even if it was going to happen, Ron Paul obviously refused because he doesn't want to be president. He just wants to create a legacy and spread the message before he leaves this land.

Pete

crazyfingers
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
It would be nice, but it seems highly unlikely. It makes me think of the old maxim "actions speak louder than words."

gb13
03-27-2008, 04:17 PM
it takes time to spend $100 million. contracts are a bitch :) It will be worth the wait.
This is true, but as I'm sure we'll both agree, I think your handle says it all ;)

ItsTime
03-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I think you missed the point Pete. It is a long term project with investors. They are BUYING radio stations. It is much bigger than Ron Paul and will most likely not effect Ron Paul getting the presidency. But I see you already live in your island prison sorry to hear that.

Radio won't cut it - if they aren't going national with TV adverts and interrupting the flock during their nightly prime-time they may as well burn the 100 million.

It's all nonsense anyway. It's not happening. Even if it was going to happen, Ron Paul obviously refused because he doesn't want to be president. He just wants to create a legacy and spread the message before he leaves this land.

Pete

constituent
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Radio won't cut it
Pete

could not disagree more.

ryan

ItsTime
03-27-2008, 04:32 PM
//

could not disagree more.

ryan

Bradley in DC
03-27-2008, 07:15 PM

Steve,

I wasn't a part of any of the previous "rumor monger" threads, but even if this is true you could still be "nuts" you know! :p :D

SteveMartin
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks Bradley...as long as it's walnuts. I hate almonds....

flames2dust77
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM

You really think national TV ads will work in the age of TIVO? Most prime time watchers record their programming and forward through the commercials. Radio will reach just as many ppl. JMO.

Knightskye
03-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Would that $100 million be better used to buy radio stations (that people might not listen to), or to fund Senatorial campaigns?

Eskiegirl302
03-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Check out the site http://www.breakthematrix.com

amy31416
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Check out the site http://www.breakthematrix.com

That's Trevor Lyman's site, he's sorta like our ex-boyfriend.

Aratus
03-30-2008, 12:00 PM
in 1896, people around the Vanderbilts actually kicked in 3.5 million dollars
direct to Bill McKinley's run, and this is reflectively the why of his mailings and memorablilia.
some estimate that betwen the railroad discount rates for package tours to Canton, Ohio
and other expendatures, the McKinley people also had a 10 to 12 million dollars
sent their way. this 3.5 to possibly 16 million dollar figure is in 1896 dollars.
admittedly being a Union Army veteran, there was no need for these monies, the
republican party had an easy demographic to pitch their "golden boy" of the hour to!
when William Jennings Bryan is so effective at securing the democratic nomination,
this set off the financial centers. we see rather than having the 20 to 1 or 16 to one
ratio being a stuffy economics paper, it became a political wildfire of a grassfire debate!

nc4rp
03-30-2008, 12:03 PM
who listens to radio? shouldnt it be on TV where all the delegates of McCain are being spoon-fed?

Aratus
03-30-2008, 12:04 PM
am in a half hearted defense of poor SteveMartin...
tis possible there is someone like this fellow, now...

ClayTrainor
03-30-2008, 12:04 PM
who listens to radio? shouldnt it be on TV where all the delegates of McCain are being spoon-fed?

with 50m dollars we could do something huge.

we should really brainstorm what we could potentially do with 50m dollars.

perhaps some sort of huge publicity stunt?

wgadget
03-30-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.republicbroadcasting.org/index.php?cmd=hosts.gethost&HostID=1&backURL=index.php?cmd=programs

SteveMartin
04-03-2008, 05:45 AM
Could it be Clear Channel? If so, that would be IMMENSE!

SteveMartin
04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
bump

Aratus
04-03-2008, 12:22 PM
SteveMartin... what if there is no billionaire?

SteveMartin
04-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Then Ron Paul very likely would have said so.

There is. Whether he decides to jump into this campaign disaster or not, is anyone's guess.

Aratus
04-03-2008, 01:09 PM
true... what if the money swirls around
this campaign and never into it? facts of life...

rpfan2008
04-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Buying a cable channel dedicated to RP's views??? Do you really think anybody other than us would watch it? Most people don't care, and they would rather watch American Idol.

People will have to be spoonfed little pieces of information from all kinds of different sources, just like they get their daily regimen of propaganda now from Fox, CNN, radio stations, sitcoms, movies, etc.

did you forgot all those Youtubes??
Do you think those guys will shy out to more pixels?!! I think not.
The Revolution is about to RESTART.

GoldStan
04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
We are so far into fantasyland that we are revisiting this idiotic "phantom millionaire" thing again?

Why doesn't someone call up ghemminger and ask for his "insider opinion"?

How did Ron Paul lose? Visit www.ronpaulforums.com to see exactly how.

The One
04-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Just bullshit again I guess.........

Where's Steve Martin?

V4Vendetta
04-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes Bullshit.

John Statemiller is full of bullshit as usual

alaric
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes Bullshit.

John Statemiller is full of bullshit as usual

if stadtmiller is part of it, bad news. he is a crook. ripped off a friend of mine.:mad:

UtahApocalypse
04-27-2008, 12:59 PM
You all have no clue what a radio station costs. A small market AM station in the middle of podunk Idaho would run about 10 mil alone. Station you all are talking about 'Clear Channel' and the such start at about 100 million for a medium market. There is NO way they are buying a TON of station, lucky if they can even get ONE.

The One
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
You all have no clue what a radio station costs. A small market AM station in the middle of podunk Idaho would run about 10 mil alone. Station you all are talking about 'Clear Channel' and the such start at about 100 million for a medium market. There is NO way they are buying a TON of station, lucky if they can even get ONE.

You all??? Who are you talking to?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-27-2008, 01:02 PM
There was never a billionaire rumor. There was a billionaire troll that sucked a lot of people in. Still happening, I see.

The One
04-27-2008, 01:07 PM
There was never a billionaire rumor. There was a billionaire troll that sucked a lot of people in. Still happening, I see.

Are you guys even reading the posts?