PDA

View Full Version : :mad: Daily Paul needs help: it might be under attack?!

defe07
03-25-2008, 03:38 PM
:mad: I was reading the Daily Paul when I noticed that many other posters, like SGP who has maybe the most important post ever there, were worried stiff and deeply heated. I'm a poster on there too and I think we need to tell someone about what's going on. There are also some ex-pats (like yours truly) on DP. I was wondering, if DP is seriously under attack like me and other people think it is, how bad will this get, guys? Could they possibly trace us by our e-mails next? Those buggers that screw people over and fight for nothing but profit are real SOBs. If the threat is real people, we need to re-group fast. And get out in droves on April 15th to march for what may disappear next: our freedoms. I usually talk about good stuff here but when we're under attack, there's no time to worry about BS, this is serious stuff?!

Rhys
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
:mad: I was reading the Daily Paul when I noticed that many other posters, like SGP who has maybe the most important post ever there, were worried stiff and deeply heated. I'm a poster on there too and I think we need to tell someone about what's going on. There are also some ex-pats (like yours truly) on DP. I was wondering, if DP is seriously under attack like me and other people think it is, how bad will this get, guys? Could they possibly trace us by our e-mails next? Those buggers that screw people over and fight for nothing but profit are real SOBs. If the threat is real people, we need to re-group fast. And get out in droves on April 15th to march for what may disappear next: our freedoms. I usually talk about good stuff here but when we're under attack, there's no time to worry about BS, this is serious stuff?!

like hacker attack? what do you mean?

armstrong
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
huh?

defe07
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Sorry, Rhys, got crazy there. What I was trying to say is that the Daily Paul is under attack because of trolls that have been deleting important posts from the top posters (SGP has had important posts deleted, for example). I suggest you see what's going on in Daily Paul, we need to have an adminstrator there helping us out with getting rid of the trolls.

Rhys
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry, Rhys, got crazy there. What I was trying to say is that the Daily Paul is under attack because of trolls that have been deleting important posts from the top posters (SGP has had important posts deleted, for example). I suggest you see what's going on in Daily Paul, we need to have an adminstrator there helping us out with getting rid of the trolls.

you need to have a backup of the database. if you dont have one, you need to back one up now. if you look in web cache sites, you may be able to restore some of the posts. you also might want to consider shuting down the site until you find out who and how it's happening.

VoteForRonPaul
03-25-2008, 03:55 PM
............we need to have an adminstrator there helping us out with getting rid of the trolls.
Replacing trolls with a dictator!

NoxTwilight
03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Appears you are correct. Someone got their passwords hacked. This is why secure passwords that cannot be hacked by a dictionary hack tool (meaning any recognizable word) are so important for anything administrative level.

The best way to do a password is randomly pick letters (upper & lower case), numbers and characters and just make it up. Write it down if you absolutely have to and keep it in your wallet or there are secure password holding devices available (thinkgeek.com)

You can also use a site that randomly generates different types of passwords:

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

I use this all the time to assign passwords for my clients, just copy out a small portion and usually ASCII characters are the best. NOTE: If you are pasting the characters into a password field, it is a good idea to paste them into a notepad text document first, then copy them again and paste. This is to remove any html code that you might pick up from the webpage. It doesn't always happen but I have had it happen so best to be safe than not paste in what you think you did!

You can also use a pattern of your own devising that will make it easier for you to remember such as a pattern on the keyboard or way you put numbers, letters and characters together.

clintontj72
03-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes...the Daily Paul is definitely under attack. There are a few almost professional trolls there, but beyond that they have figured out how to exploit Daily Paul's forum 'flag offensive' feature to knock out comments and blow away whole posts. Hacked accounts...maybe...one regular poster said they had 3 reset attempts sent to their email.

So yes...they are under attack. I think part of their problems is not very robust forums software.

smartguy911
03-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes...the Daily Paul is definitely under attack. There are a few almost professional trolls there, but beyond that they have figured out how to exploit Daily Paul's forum 'flag offensive' feature to knock out comments and blow away whole posts. Hacked accounts...maybe...one regular poster said they had 3 reset attempts sent to their email.

So yes...they are under attack. I think part of their problems is not very robust forums software.

yeah they need to switch to phpbb asap.

Yom
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I just make my password in a language not written with the Latin alphabet, and I'm good to go (plus a number or two).

defe07
03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm glad you guys picked up the ball, I hope we can solve this. As always, the REVOLUTION unites and this time it's really personal! :)

LEK
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM

Noticed that too - about the deleted posts. What can they "do" to us?

What does this mean?
Those buggers that screw people over and fight for nothing but profit are real SOBs.

LEK
03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Flagger-Monkeys Win
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/43983

NEPA_Revolution
03-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Search Hannity forums and other neocon boards, also look around Obamas and Billarys Forums if they have any. If we find they are responsible they will regret the day they mess with the best poll spammers on the net.

wowabunga
03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
we need to re-group fast.

I've been pushing for a re-grouping on a state to state basis. Imagine all the new friends and goodwill we'd gather if we put on a 2 day rally later this summer... in support of the Constitution.

I doubt that "trolls" would venture out of their cube and attend a pig BBQ during a "meet and greet" rally at your state capitol.

defe07
03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Noticed that too - about the deleted posts. What can they "do" to us?

What does this mean?
Those buggers that screw people over and fight for nothing but profit are real SOBs.

I was referring to the elitists that are involved with all this heywire (directly or indirectly): no privacy, no personal freedoms, all wiretapping, etc. They don't want the message of freedom to spread out but we need to stick together and push. They're the buggers. I should've been specific but if you thought I may have referred to somebody else (like the people in charge of Daily Paul for example), I don't mean them. The elitists want to control us and the world. Remember: if the people are afraid of the government, it's tyrrany; if the government is afraid of the people, it's democracy. :confused:

Rhys
03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
well, like someone said... unless they're DoD... they can be bot attacked too.

AdamT
03-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I can vouch this is definitely happening over there. I've had multiple threads marked as spam, which basically deletes them from appearing in the forums. Just had 3 hack attempts to reset my password. All this for trying to raise funds for the High Tide airtime. Someone apparently doesn't like it.

Aren't there any admins over there?? Surely you can see who the person is who marks a thread as spam??

NoxTwilight
03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah I posted the password information on a new thread there and in a few hours it was gone. Absolutely no reason why someone should flag that as offensive .. off topic as far as Ron Paul goes but certainly pertinent to what's going on there today!

The owner, Michael, works a full time job and obviously hasn't checked his email yet today or he hasn't a clue what to do. Either way that site needs some help. It's a pretty decent site if always laggy but this kind of thing could kill it. Personally I liked having it as a complimentary site to this one. Be a shame if went away.

kigol
03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
what?