PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jefferson started a Political Party. Don't be scared to be GOP

Rhys
03-25-2008, 03:03 PM
The two party system is the problem, not parties. If we control the GOP, we can even end the two party system by allowing a third party to debate us. Go figure.

Parties aren't evil or collectivist. They are free association.

Deborah K
03-25-2008, 03:55 PM
The two party system is the problem, not parties. If we control the GOP, we can even end the two party system by allowing a third party to debate us. Go figure.

Parties aren't evil or collectivist. They are free association.

Personally, I don't agree with a party system, whether it's two or two hundred. It feeds into collectivist thinking, which I know, is unavoidable 100% of the time, but I was a registered non-partisan for over 15 years before Ron Paul. And I plan to go back to it.

Jeremy
03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Personally, I don't agree with a party system, whether it's two or two hundred. It feeds into collectivist thinking, which I know, is unavoidable 100% of the time, but I was a registered non-partisan for over 15 years before Ron Paul. And I plan to go back to it.

Why not stay in a party to help get the right people become elected? Otherwise you aren't doing anything...

nate895
03-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, it was the second political party, so our situation isn't the same.

I believe in parties because it naturally happens in the world, people who agree with each other tend to associate and try to help each other get elected. It is the way the world works.

me3
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Please don't take this as confrontational, but I'm just wondering...

Did you accomplish much being non-partisan in those 15 years?

Now is the time to push GOP and maintain activism over the next 4 years.

No quit, no surrender.

Deborah K
03-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Please don't take this as confrontational, but I'm just wondering...

Did you accomplish much being non-partisan in those 15 years?

Now is the time to push GOP and maintain activism over the next 4 years.

No quit, no surrender.

It's a fair question. I can still vote. Being non-partisan doesn't change anything other than the fact that non-partisans who live in closed primaries have to change to a party in order to vote in the primary.

I support what you are doing, but I involve myself by working with Congressmen to get resolutions passed (HCR40 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.con.res.00040: ), organizing political events, (I am on the board for Revolution Management Foundation aka www.revolutionmarch.com) and I am also politically involved in border security. I am on the executive council for the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. California Chapter. www.patriotsforronpaul.com

me3
03-25-2008, 05:05 PM
It's a fair question. I can still vote. Being non-partisan doesn't change anything other than the fact that non-partisans who live in closed primaries have to change to a party in order to vote in the primary.

I support what you are doing, but I involve myself by working with Congressmen to get resolutions passed (HCR40 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.con.res.00040: ), organizing political events, (I am on the board for Revolution Management Foundation aka www.revolutionmarch.com) and I am also politically involved in border security. I am on the executive council for the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. California Chapter. www.patriotsforronpaul.com
Well, that's pretty impressive, so far be it for anyone to question what you are doing. I think the most important thing is that everyone stays active, and continues to agitate for their issues and goals.

Thanks for the reply and answering the question in the spirit it was intended! :D

Deborah K
03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, that's pretty impressive, so far be it for anyone to question what you are doing. I think the most important thing is that everyone stays active, and continues to agitate for their issues and goals.

Thanks for the reply and answering the question in the spirit it was intended! :D

Thank you for all that you do as well! ;)