PDA

View Full Version : Continuing Christian Outreach

boggie08
03-25-2008, 02:54 PM
For those of us that live in states that have already held a primary or caucus, how can we continue to reach out to Christians? Our win in Jefferson County, Iowa shows that we can reach evangelicals. However, we face serious resistance from many in the Religious Right. I saw this post on a blog recently called "Why Libertarians and B.J. Lawson threaten Christian Conservatives in GOP, NC and USA"

http://blog.chuckcampbellshow.com/archives/31

How do we reach out to the Religious Right and Christians in general after our states' primary? How can we best spread the message to Christians?

DeadtoSin
03-25-2008, 03:39 PM
This is something I've really thought about at length. I honestly don't have an answer yet, but I'll continue to think about it. Maybe we could brainstorm ideas in this topic..

DeadtoSin
03-25-2008, 03:53 PM
My first idea involves appealing to Christians through the admonition in the Bible to respect the authorities placed above us. Go ahead and read through the first two things I post, as they are linked together. When you are talking to your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ you can explain it faster. However, for us I want to explain this as clearly as possible.

Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. -1 Peter 2:13-17

The latter part of Article 6 of the Constitution says

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Now, the Constitution sets itself up as the supreme law of the United States. The Senators and Representatives that we vote for are to support the Constitution as well.

The Biblical passage doesn't exhort us to listen to the President, as a lot of Christians falsely presume. It exhorts us to obey the power placed above us. As the Constitution clearly states IT, not the President or the Congress or the Judiciary is the supreme power. Those powers are given to them by the Constitution, and they are subject to it. Therefore, we must follow the Constitution because it is the authority God has placed over us.

As Christians, how can we support someone (even if he supports things we believe in), if he won't even uphold the oath required to take office?

Not only that, but how can we as Christians knowingly support a war that goes against the authority placed over us? The Constitution obviously does not support the type of war we entered into with Iraq. We as Christians need to seriously rethink the kind of government we want in our lives. Do we want the same old government we've had, or do we want a government that respects the Constitution that we as Christians are required to uphold?

boggie08
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
How do we reach them? I do not think it is feasible to stand outside a church and give a speech every Sunday. What can we do to target Christians?

DeadtoSin
03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
This post was directed toward actually talking to your Christian friends. When I have discussions with my Christian friends, one thing that gets brought up is government. This thing I wrote up was a tool to reach out on a personal level with each Christian. I've had pretty decent success so far.

Yes, it isn't going to get massive numbers, but it is a place to start. I'll continue to consider how to reach out to Christians on a mass scale, but we cannot neglect the personal level at all.

notcarljung
03-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Most Christians I talked to during the campaign like Ron Paul's stances on the so called 'christian issues'.

Say things like:
"Did you know Ron Paul doesn't believe in evolution? And his education reforms would empower parents to educate kids in whatever manner they see fit."
"Ron Paul is staunchly pro-life. And his 'We The People Act' would effectively negated Roe Vs. Wade."
"Ron Paul is against any law that federalizes gay marriage."

it's not what you're selling, it's how ya sell it. Oh yeah. And don't mention the drug war and curtail Iraq as much as you can. ;)

Working Poor
03-26-2008, 06:10 AM
People are violent it is a part of our culture. To many people the act of war is a normal way to solve problems. Today war means peace. Christians have been a part of killing others who did not believe the same as them. They want this war. I have almost lost my faith to Bush's administration and hearing people at my church say they are voting for him or now McCain. I can't feel at one with these people who support this war. I do know that Jesus said many will be deceived. But when I bring up the deception thing I am told I am one of the deceived...

LittleLightShining
03-26-2008, 07:25 AM
We have had our primary in VT already and Huckabee was still in the race then. My mission with Christians was to talk about what kind of Christian Ron Paul is-- humble and meek, yet bold in his defense of life and liberty. There are passages in the Bible which talk specifically about the taking of bribes and profiting from high position. I had no problem relating this to the other obvious choice which was Huckabee. Now that he is out of the running, this angle can still be used when you discuss with Christians Ron Paul's position on taxes and his personal refusal to participate in the congressional pension program, how he doesn't use taxpayer money to travel and how he returns a portion of his budget to the Treasury every year.

Another angle to take is Bible prophecy. Any study of the Book of Revelation will show that a New World Order-- a socio-economic-religious system is the beast that will control the earth in the last days-- is swiftly taking shape. Discussion of the economy and the Federal Reserve (http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin431.htm), the media (and most Christians will agree that the media has an agenda), the sad state of our schools and how kids in the 5th grade can't play Monopoly without an ATM to add and subtract for them or identify key historical figures in American history (http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin436.htm)... these are issues that Christians can relate to.

I would also point Christians to Chuck Baldwin's blog. Print copies if you have to. Especially if the people you're trying to reach are Baptists. No thinking Christian I know can deny what this man says. Unfortunately, as we've seen, most people, let alone Christians (http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin427.htm), just don't think about much anymore. However that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Something else I learned in my precinct calling is that it's important to know what issues are important to people and really hone in your message to those issues. Fortunately for us Ron Paul's message is very compatible with Christian values.

snpage
03-28-2008, 02:06 PM
For those of us that live in states that have already held a primary or caucus, how can we continue to reach out to Christians? Our win in Jefferson County, Iowa shows that we can reach evangelicals. However, we face serious resistance from many in the Religious Right. I saw this post on a blog recently called "Why Libertarians and B.J. Lawson threaten Christian Conservatives in GOP, NC and USA"

http://blog.chuckcampbellshow.com/archives/31

How do we reach out to the Religious Right and Christians in general after our states' primary? How can we best spread the message to Christians?

It is difficult. To reach out to the Christian Right, it is to somehow convince them to face reality: 9/11 was a false flag orchestrated by Dick Cheney. I am Bible believing, Jesus lived and died and rose on the third day Christian who believes that Jesus is the saviour of all man kind. That being said, my discussion with fellow Christians, especially white Christians (it is really important to single them out) is that they are absolutely dead set against that the government was behind 9/11. They can not even fathom that this is actually the case (and for those who argue against false flag: for that concrete to be pulvarized in mid air is a dead give away to demolition). The reason for all this? It is hard to convince them that we currently have a government that is working against us, when that said gov claims to believe what they believe. The good ole boy mentality is alive and well in this country, if people want to believe it or not.

LittleLightShining
03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
It is difficult. To reach out to the Christian Right, it is to somehow convince them to face reality: 9/11 was a false flag orchestrated by Dick Cheney. I am Bible believing, Jesus lived and died and rose on the third day Christian who believes that Jesus is the saviour of all man kind. That being said, my discussion with fellow Christians, especially white Christians (it is really important to single them out) is that they are absolutely dead set against that the government was behind 9/11. They can not even fathom that this is actually the case (and for those who argue against false flag: for that concrete to be pulvarized in mid air is a dead give away to demolition). The reason for all this? It is hard to convince them that we currently have a government that is working against us, when that said gov claims to believe what they believe. The good ole boy mentality is alive and well in this country, if people want to believe it or not.I don't think that's the way to do it. Eventually they may come to realize that the government isn't as benevolent as they think it is. We need to get to the heart of Ron Paul's message-- following the Constitution. Most average people, nevermind Christians, want to think about 9/11. The focus should be on the economy, the Federal Reserve, border security, national sovereignty, national DEFENSE as opposed to offense, civil liberties. Once they see what's really happening they might be more willing to weigh the facts on their own and come to their own conclusions.

Working Poor
05-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I have been thinking about this for quite sometime. Ron is a Christian and he puts Godly principals first in his life. He is very conservative he is a Presbyterian. Ron does not boast about this but his actions are in line with Christian faith. He is a modest and reserved man.

Many Christians may be looking upon these times as the end times. They may believe the wars and corrupt government signal this and they support end times and may think they are helping to facilitate the Lord's return. Yet the time of His return cannot be predicted with certainty.

Ron Paul works to hold the government accountable to it's own laws and to keep unreasonable bills from becoming law.

We do not need more law we need more love.

heavenlyboy34
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I have been thinking about this for quite sometime. Ron is a Christian and he puts Godly principals first in his life. He is very conservative he is a Presbyterian. Ron does not boast about this but his actions are in line with Christian faith. He is a modest and reserved man.

Many Christians may be looking upon these times as the end times. They may believe the wars and corrupt government signal this and they support end times and may think they are helping to facilitate the Lord's return. Yet the time of His return cannot be predicted with certainty.

Ron Paul works to hold the government accountable to it's own laws and to keep unreasonable bills from becoming law.

We do not need more law we need more love.

+a bunch! :)

thehittgirl
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes we need more love. And less Law, more gospel. I haven't been to these boards in ages because my involvement in the liberty movement has ended. The people who couldn't see the truth were mostly Christians. At least from my point of view. That really opened my eyes to the human condition, that we are fallen. I've always been a Christian through the liberty movement, but it deepened my walk in the sense that it showed me people don't like the truth. Look at the Republican debates. People were taken in by those that said that everything is fine. Heh. Yeah everything is fine. Trillions in the debt, global govt coming on the scene. Everything is fine. It is said in the Bible that people want their ears tickled. They want mystical experiences and to feel good rather than read their Bibles, and take the difficult road in following Christ who died for our sins. They want to believe in something, or someone else whether they realize it or not.

Everything is not ok, and Jesus is our only hope if we are to escape the wrath that is to come. I pray that false converts will see the light and repent. It's our only hope. That is truth and true love is telling it and not holding back.

Working Poor
05-18-2009, 09:22 AM
good to see you thehittgirl. Don't give up on Christians or liberty fight the good fight.

BeFranklin
05-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes we need more love. And less Law, more gospel. I haven't been to these boards in ages because my involvement in the liberty movement has ended. The people who couldn't see the truth were mostly Christians. At least from my point of view. That really opened my eyes to the human condition, that we are fallen. I've always been a Christian through the liberty movement, but it deepened my walk in the sense that it showed me people don't like the truth. Look at the Republican debates. People were taken in by those that said that everything is fine. Heh. Yeah everything is fine. Trillions in the debt, global govt coming on the scene. Everything is fine. It is said in the Bible that people want their ears tickled. They want mystical experiences and to feel good rather than read their Bibles, and take the difficult road in following Christ who died for our sins. They want to believe in something, or someone else whether they realize it or not.

Everything is not ok, and Jesus is our only hope if we are to escape the wrath that is to come. I pray that false converts will see the light and repent. It's our only hope. That is truth and true love is telling it and not holding back.

The people who couldn't see the truth couldn't see the truth of the liberty movement or the truth of the gospel?

Most Christians I know come to the same conclusion as you do in the end of your post, Jesus is our only hope - which I think is the truth most christians would agree with.

Edit: I have however, been witnessing a number of people now claiming they are really Christians while denying the bible or some other fundamental part of Christianity. I suppose that is who you may mean. I generally ignore them.