PDA

View Full Version : Organazing Funds, ala Moveon.org

Jaykzo
03-25-2008, 02:39 PM
We have all the potential in the world here to be promoting and acheiving our goal of taking back the Republican Party. We raised 6M in a single day.

If we can organize some sort of structure, like Moveon.org, where we all are constantly reminded to donate, and the funds are distributed to candidates who are running for congress/senate/local office, then there is NO DOUBT that our effect on politics will be massive.

We need someone to take charge. Someone to assemble a team of intelligent, educated people that could run such an organization. People who are smart about media, and equally smart with politics.

If only a few people would take on this task, I (and i'm sure thousands of others) will try their hardest to promote it and recruit new members in.

Really, it would be unstoppable. Weekly newsletters sent out to a million people, updating us with information on REAL conservatives running for office. The collected money would probably be used for advertising the campaigns of those who meet the standards. With a constant flow of money and support, the campaigns of those who we support would almost always be ensured a victory.

Theres no doubt that we could eventually have 5x the effect on politics that Moveon has had. We just need some organization and business smarts.
I hope some people out there are working on something like this.

LibertyIn08
03-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I think some of our decentralization stems from our libertarian nature.

Perhaps a Liberty Portal, with a board of directors with members from the different liberty PACs and campaigns?

tajitj
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I was just thinking that the othe day. Think of how much influence they have on the Dem party. We need to have an organization that rivals the liberal movement. They are winning. But with the economy we have some light,

ItsTime
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
here is a start
http://www.libertypac.net/

TruthAtLast
03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
here is a start
http://www.libertypac.net/

A good concept but there is NO organization there.

Both the webmaster and contact emails are broken, the site is horrible and they wont update it even when I've offered to do it for free (though who knows if they even got the message since the emails bounced and no one returns any phone calls).

There are no tools, no info on becoming a precinct leader or committeman or delegate, no organizational structure, no list of candidates it endorses or has contributed to or even a list of issues it endorses, and there is no infrastructure being developed by LPAC even though it would be the natural organization to take on this roll being directly involved with the Ron Paul.

Ron Paul himself told us in his video to focus on LPAC for the "next phase" and yet it is a complete shell of a website. Does he not have enough money for development? There are plenty of people that would help for free. Even the donation mechanism isn't very flexible. Not to mention having no idea who would manage the funds or strategy of the organization. If the same people manage this organization as those that so successfully managed the presidential campagin, then it would be a complete waste.

More than anything, I would love for LPAC to arise as the beacon of Freedom and take on the next phase of this Revolution, but I'm not going to give money to a black hole.

H Roark
03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
This is what you're looking for http://www.downsizedc.org