PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Baldwin

Stallion
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Baldwin

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

Pastor Chuck Baldwin is the CP nominee for president. Assuming RP is not on the ballot in November, will you vote for Chuck Baldwin?

Unspun
03-25-2008, 10:39 AM
It actually almost looks like a sure thing that Alan Keyes is going to get the CP nomination. But, yes, I'd vote for Pastor Chuck.

jason43
03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Jesse Ventura is my guy. I hope he gets in.

V3n
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I've seen some older Chuck Baldwin writings where he was against same-sex marriage, but lately, everything I've read has been right on with Dr. Paul's platform. I believe it is possible for people to grow, and if he's listened to Dr. Paul, it is possible he really has adopted these new ideas, so I'd vote for him.

But hey, I'd vote for inanimate can of diet Coke that's sitting on my desk before I'd vote for McHillabama.

Stallion
03-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I've seen some older Chuck Baldwin writings where he was against same-sex marriage, but lately, everything I've read has been right on with Dr. Paul's platform. I believe it is possible for people to grow, and if he's listened to Dr. Paul, it is possible he really has adopted these new ideas, so I'd vote for him.

But hey, I'd vote for inanimate can of diet Coke that's sitting on my desk before I'd vote for McHillabama.

He very likely would tell you that he is opposed to same-sex marriage. Ron Paul would likely say the same if you were to ask him point blank in a private conversation. There is a distinct difference between their positions though, and the position of someone like Mike Huckabee who wants to use the federal government to "legislate virtue" as Ron would put it. Pastor Baldwin is against any type of marriage amendment to the constitution. Like Dr. Paul, he wouldn't allow his personal convictions to be his guide in office. In fact, I know many people think the CP is theocratic, and I'm not denying that there may be some members of the CP that think that way, but the official party platform states that it is against a federal marriage amendment and marriage definition.

mczerone
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Whoever wins the CP and LP nominations are going to be hounding Paul for his endorsement (on the off chance Paul isn't the GOP nominee, of course). And I'll probably be much more likely to vote for whoever gets it (assuming their message doesn't change much from Paul's).

Kotin
03-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Jesse Ventura is my guy. I hope he gets in.

i am the exact same.

Ventura/Kennedy Jr. 2008

unless rp is in these are my guys!

Stallion
03-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Whoever wins the CP and LP nominations are going to be hounding Paul for his endorsement (on the off chance Paul isn't the GOP nominee, of course). And I'll probably be much more likely to vote for whoever gets it (assuming their message doesn't change much from Paul's).

I think Ron will endorse Barr if he gets the LP nomination...however if someone like Ruwart, Phillies, or Root get the nomination, I could definitely see Ron endorsing the CP nominee if it is Chuck Baldwin or maybe even Roy Moore. I'm not sure if Ron would endorse Keyes...probably highly unlikely.

Stallion
03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Wow, 55% would definitely vote for CB and another 25% would pick him as their 2nd choice. Very interesting. It seems like every other potential liberty candidate thats been mentioned has divided the RP masses by a much more significant margin.

JMann
03-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm supporting Ventura unless he selects F'n Kennedy Jr.

Stallion
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
To those who support Ventura...what makes him an attractive candidate to you? The fact that he has been in office before and has experience? The fact that he holds more liberal stances on social issues? I'm just curious. Chuck Baldwin seems to be closer to RP on the issues and even Bob Barr seems to be more in line with RP than Ventura.

JMann
03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
To those who support Ventura...what makes him an attractive candidate to you? The fact that he has been in office before and has experience? The fact that he holds more liberal stances on social issues? I'm just curious. Chuck Baldwin seems to be closer to RP on the issues and even Bob Barr seems to be more in line with RP than Ventura.

The fact that Ventura could actually have a major effect on the race and has held office in the administrative branch both as mayor and governor. I agree with Ron Paul probably more than anyone that has run for president but he showed little or no ability to learn how to be president.

You are not going to be elected president and eliminate the Department of Education, it isn't going to happen. So why would Paul run on this (just one example) most 'radical' of ideas? Obviously because he had no one around him to tell him to shut th f up and surrounded himself with yes men. Paul demonstrated through the campaign he is unelectable to an office that requires more than getting to know the people in a small district. Ventura has already demonstrated he can win.

I also like Ventura more 'liberal' views on social issues and I would never vote for a religious leader as president. I would happily vote for Bob Barr if he ran and Ventura did not.

MRoCkEd
03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
The fact that Ventura could actually have a major effect on the race and has held office in the administrative branch both as mayor and governor. I agree with Ron Paul probably more than anyone that has run for president but he showed little or no ability to learn how to be president.

You are not going to be elected president and eliminate the Department of Education, it isn't going to happen. So why would Paul run on this (just one example) most 'radical' of ideas? Obviously because he had no one around him to tell him to shut th f up and surrounded himself with yes men. Paul demonstrated through the campaign he is unelectable to an office that requires more than getting to know the people in a small district. Ventura has already demonstrated he can win.

I also like Ventura more 'liberal' views on social issues and I would never vote for a religious leader as president. I would happily vote for Bob Barr if he ran and Ventura did not.
I agree. By no means is Ventura a replacement for Ron Paul ,(the perfect candidate with the not-so-perfect campaign) but he certainly would shed light on the problems with today's 2 party system, and he himself has positions that i agree with many of

Stallion
03-27-2008, 10:44 AM

The experience part I totally get. Ventura has been a governor. Baldwin has been a pastor and radio talk show host. Point taken.

However, Baldwin is closer to Ron Paul on all of the issues than any other potential candidate out there. So, I fail to see how you can agree with RP more than you have ever agreed with any other candidate, yet prefer a Ventura run to a Baldwin run on the grounds that Baldwin is a "religious leader." He pastors a church and hosts a radio talk show (which he uses as much to promote liberty as he does to profess Christianity). Dr. Paul is a born-again Christian, lest we forget...so he is a better candidate than Baldwin because he isn't a pastor? I don't get it.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
were i a member of the constitution party, i'd possibly opt alan keyes.
a keyes/barr ticket or a barr/keyes ticket has occured to me. this adds
another name to my informal libertarian list. [are these 2 parties to morph?]

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:50 AM
what if ALL we ron paul people trigger multiple ballots at the convention and then
someone gets connie rice to run after we presume that obama/clinton is a done deal
and i don't mean comrade bill for a THIRD TIME!!! would the esoteric soul of the great
emancipator be mighty pleased were we to all get behind RICE/KEYES or KEYES/RICE?

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
chuck baldwin? as in florida, baptist and dark horse?

Stallion
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
what if ALL we ron paul people trigger multiple ballots at the convention and then
someone gets connie rice to run after we presume that obama/clinton is a done deal
and i don't mean comrade bill for a THIRD TIME!!! would the esoteric soul of the great
emancipator be mighty pleased were we to all get behind RICE/KEYES or KEYES/RICE?

What? Are you kidding? Sorry, I would never vote for Condoleeza Rice and if I have to vote for Alan Keyes, I will be bringing a clothespin to the voting booth with me.

Stallion
03-27-2008, 10:54 AM
chuck baldwin? as in florida, baptist and dark horse?

Yes, Chuck Baldwin is a pastor from florida. He was the Constituion Party VP nominee in 2004. He officially endorsed Ron Paul back in December I believe.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
ONE TRIAL BALLON POPPED!

o.k...

KEYES/RICE or MCAIN/ROMNEY or OBAMA/CLINTON or
NADER/GONZALEZ or RAND PAUL/BARRY GOLDWATER jr

Stallion
03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Ok I don't know a whole lot about statistics so I know the following assumption may not be valid based on my poll above, but....

Is it safe to say that if CB comes out of the CP convention with his party's nomination and Barr isn't the LP nominee AND Ventura doesn't jump into the race, the Ron Paul REVOLUTION couldcoalesce behind a Chuck Baldwin candidacy for POTUS?

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:57 AM
CHUCK BALDWIN and BOB BARR or is he a possible alternative?
lets say mike gravel decided to settle for the veep slot or perhaps ross perot?

Stallion
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
ONE TRIAL BALLON POPPED!

o.k...

KEYES/RICE or MCAIN/ROMNEY or OBAMA/CLINTON or
NADER/GONZALEZ or RAND PAUL/BARRY GOLDWATER jr

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to suggest, but if those were the options on my ballot in November, I would pull the lever for Paul/Goldwater and I would hope any other person that loves liberty would do the same.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
STALLION, i agree!!!!

CHUCK BALDWIN is a CLASSIC DARK HORSE
By TIME HONORED DEFINITION!!

Stallion
03-27-2008, 11:00 AM
CHUCK BALDWIN and BOB BARR or is he a possible alternative?
lets say mike gravel decided to settle for the veep slot or perhaps ross perot?

I would support a Baldwin/Barr or Barr/Baldwin ticket. As for Gravel...I think alot of Libertarians are expecting him to pay his dues for a few years and be indoctrinated in pure libertarianism before they will offer him us as a presidential or vice presidential nominee. I don't really think Ross Perot is interested in running, but I haven't asked him myself, so I guess it's a possibility.

Aratus
03-27-2008, 11:01 AM
yes... and i must keep in mind we have TWO people with the
initials of RP who are father and son as well as good ol' ross perot,
who did make billions in his day! the very idea of Rp running!

Aratus
03-27-2008, 11:02 AM
actually i am ignoring robert paul, too... so i stand corrected!

Stallion
03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm really hoping the Constitution Party does the smart thing and nominates Baldwin instead of Keyes.

Stallion
03-27-2008, 01:04 PM
bump

Richie
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Perot endorsed Romney, so I doubt he's on our side.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Looks like Baldwin isn't planning to run, if his interview with Miller posted on the Third Party Watch blog is any indication. That's too bad. Hopefully, someone will step up and save the CP from nominating neo-con failure Alan Keyes.

Stallion
03-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Cb08!!

Gadsden Flag
03-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I liked George Phillies.

Bob Barr...meh. He has a scandelous past.

Stallion
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Bump

Theocrat
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Baldwin

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

Pastor Chuck Baldwin has been mentioned by several sources as the possible CP nominee. Chuck has been an adamant Ron Paul supporter since the beginning of the revolution. I've heard quite a few people criticize the CP as being theocratic and such and possibly not as pro-liberty as the LP, but lets not forget, this REVOLUTION started around Ron Paul's message, not the platform of the Libertarian Party. Chuck Baldwin agrees with Ron Paul on almost every issue as far as I can tell. I know he doesn't have any real political experience, but maybe that's a good thing. So my question to you as a revolutionary is: assuming RP is not on the ballot in November, would you vote for Chuck Baldwin?

As much as I love Congressman Paul and his platform of the Constitution, free-markets, and the admonitions of our Founding Fathers, I would still cast my vote for Dr. Chuck Baldwin, should Dr. Paul not get the nomination. He really inspires me whenever I read his articles because they speak so much truth to politics and are unashamedly critical of the modern American Christian churches, which are sorely ignorant of what true government is supposed to be like these days. I only wish Rep. Paul were as forthcoming in his critiques of the Christian Church in today's American politics as Pastor Baldwin is.

Charles Wilson
04-01-2008, 11:06 AM
It actually almost looks like a sure thing that Alan Keyes is going to get the CP nomination. But, yes, I'd vote for Pastor Chuck.

Alan Keyes is a neocon -- read his speeches. Also, Alan Keyes does not support Ron Paul. Knowing what I know today about Alan Keyes, I could never vote for him.

DeadtoSin
04-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I could definitely vote for Chuck Baldwin.

Elegy
04-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I'd vote for Baldwin in a second.

Stallion
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
bump

Highland
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
We interviewed him in SC for a couple of our commercials....nice guy.

www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad/

Stallion
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Update: CB said he would accept the CP nomination. Encourage the CP to nominate this great man so we can vote for him in November!

Elegy
04-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Update: CB said he would accept the CP nomination. Encourage the CP to nominate this great man so we can vote for him in November!

Well if he does get the nomination and writing in Paul isn't an option, he's got my vote.

TurtleBurger
04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope Barr and Baldwin can find a way to coordinate their efforts. If they are competing for the same bloc of voters neither will get anywhere. Huckabee's campaign only took off after Brownback dropped out; McCain only started dominating primaries after Giuliani dropped out. The CP and LP have to unite behind one ticket for us to have a chance.

Stallion
04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope Barr and Baldwin can find a way to coordinate their efforts. If they are competing for the same bloc of voters neither will get anywhere. Huckabee's campaign only took off after Brownback dropped out; McCain only started dominating primaries after Giuliani dropped out. The CP and LP have to unite behind one ticket for us to have a chance.

Agreed. I think Barr/Baldwin under the LP banner is the answer...

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I think Ron will endorse Barr if he gets the LP nomination...however if someone like Ruwart, Phillies, or Root get the nomination, I could definitely see Ron endorsing the CP nominee if it is Chuck Baldwin or maybe even Roy Moore. I'm not sure if Ron would endorse Keyes...probably highly unlikely.

Moore/Baldwin would be good because this would allow us to pull together paul and huckabee supporters, and any anti nwo/anti bush...

porcupine
04-13-2008, 09:00 PM
i am the exact same.

Ventura/Kennedy Jr. 2008

unless rp is in these are my guys!

Kennedy Junior?!? Why?

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Agreed. I think Barr/Baldwin under the LP banner is the answer...

I think by many states party rules that is not possible.

They would have to join under an independent ticket.

Then gain both parties nomination support officially everywhere they can to get the ballot access and not have to do signatures,etc. for an independent ticket run.

Stallion
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
bump

nf7mate
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I voted Peroutka/Baldwin in 04 and would be pleased to vote for Baldwin again.

scandinaviany3
04-16-2008, 06:09 PM

What you say makes sense ...but they never do it...

The combined money to get ballot access and a pastor on the ticket would majorly help in the south.

Stallion
04-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know if the CP convention will be broadcast on CSPAN this weekend?

yaz
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
chuck baldwin will keep us in iraq...

Stallion
04-22-2008, 09:36 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
Oh really? And what makes you say that?

Baldwin on the War in Iraq:

The American people are continually besieged with the imminent threat of what little, pipsqueak, piss-ant countries such as Iraq and Iran pose to the safety and security of America. Hogwash! Iraq was never an imminent threat to these United States and George W. Bush and rest of his globalist neocons always knew it. Neither is Iran an imminent threat to America. And the Bushkies know this too.

In addition, readers are aware that many, if not most, of the al-Qaeda insurgents that are shooting and killing our soldiers and Marines in Iraq do not come from Iraq--they come from Saudi Arabia! So much for Bush's "war on terrorism."

Stallion
04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Chuck Baldwin is the CP nominee!! I wonder if we could get Dr. Paul to be his VP???

tonyr1988
04-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Chuck Baldwin is the CP nominee!! I wonder if we could get Dr. Paul to be his VP???

Is it official? I just tuned in to the convention.

Stallion
04-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Is it official? I just tuned in to the convention.

They announced the totals and Baldwin won by a landslide over Keyes.

scandinaviany3
04-26-2008, 10:06 AM
live news from the cp convention.

Chuck Baldwin under huge support by ron paul supporters has been chosen their candidate.

This was done by beating neo con alan keyes by 380 some votes to 120.

Spread the word...we have a candidate to support in general election!

libertythor
04-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Spread the word...we have a candidate to support in general election!

Lets hold our horses. The LP still has yet to pick a candidate.

TurtleBurger
04-26-2008, 10:29 AM
I think Baldwin and Barr are both great candidates. I'd be willing to vote for either one of them in the general election, but I'm leaning toward Barr right now just because he has more name recognition.

Aratus
04-26-2008, 12:26 PM
did the constitution cross-over people just pick barr's veep?
or do you see the LP nomination going to wayne root or as
a possible distant third or forth choise, alaska's mike gravel?

tajitj
04-27-2008, 07:47 AM
I am excited about him. I think we can get behind this guy.

allyinoh
04-27-2008, 07:54 AM
I think I'm going to still support Ron Paul. I'm just kind of surprised that a lot of people are talking about all these other people like Jesse Ventura... Hey did Jesse Ventura endorse Ron Paul?

No one is getting my vote except Ron Paul. That's how it's always been and that's how it will be.

ETA:I would vote for Chuck Baldwin because he has the same platform as Ron Paul and has endorsed Ron Paul from the beginning.

ETA#2:Bob Barr supports/supported the "War on Drugs?" He voted for the Patriot Act and now states that he's against it? Bob Barr is out for me.

runningdiz
04-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Once again no third party has a chance of winning the election so why does it matter which third party you vote for?? Just rally behing one candidate and cast your vote come november. Don't waste energy, money or time trying to help them

yaz
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
Oh really? And what makes you say that?

Baldwin on the War in Iraq:

sorry i was thinking chuck hagel

TurtleBurger
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Now that Keyes is defeated, I wonder if he is going to back his new party's nominee? If not, he might as well admit he's just a dirty politician who tried to use the Constitution party for his own personal ends.

Bison
04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Once again no third party has a chance of winning the election so why does it matter which third party you vote for?? Just rally behing one candidate and cast your vote come november. Don't waste energy, money or time trying to help them

Thats what was being said about Ron Paul at the beginning of the Revolution. I would also point out that Chuck Baldwin campaigned pretty hard for Ron Paul. Even made some commercials for him. They can still be seen on youtube.

Shotdown1027
04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Dr. Paul has stated that he will endorse no one, so I figure the next best thing is to see "who endorsed Dr. Paul?"

The only real candidate that I can see that did that was Chuck Baldwin. Dr. Baldwin was not a johnny-come-lately, having encouraged Dr. Paul himself to form an exploratory committee.

Dr. Baldwin was on the frontlines fighting for Dr. Paul, just like the rest of us. Baldwin claims that his views mesh more with Dr. Paul's than anyone's, including his former running mate Michael Peroutka.

Mr. Baldwin noted in his acceptance speech that, “It will not be conservatives or liberals, Republicans or Democrats, Christians or unbelievers that restore America. It will be individuals from all walks of life, all backgrounds, and all political persuasions who love liberty enough to fight to maintain it.”

The only candidates, who could be on the November ballot, who can say they endorsed Ron Paul are Chuck Baldwin and Steve Kubby.
Someone will inevitably mention Bob Barr--but i'v yet to find anything that indicates Barr endorsed Paul officially.

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin394.htm

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2007/cbarchive_20070227.html

http://www.redpills.org/?p=645

http://www.nolanchart.com/article3570.html

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/sc/2008/01/14/events-with-pastor-chuck-baldwin/

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/baldwin/080108

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84pJ6E7BYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkc4xF_QSMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud-PzEXan7g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkkV5_88WfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqPXeoEoPZU&feature=related

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/Int_RonPaul.html

I think we should really rally behind Baldwin. I was at the convention,and his plan is simply to be a surrogate for Ron Paul. If we can get the guy just one decent moneybomb (1 million or so), he'd do enough to continue our revolution.

Bison
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
We definitely need a Chuck Baldwin Money Bomb. We also need folks willing to go to bat for him the way he went to bat for Ron Paul. Chucks message is Ron's message is our message is the freedom message. He is another warrior in this Revolution.

Lets not leave him twisting in the wind.

Bison

Shotdown1027
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Bison,

I assure you, we WILL be organizing a moneybomb. Of course, our goal will not be anything close to 6 mill. More likely, we'll just ask that anyone who donated to Ron Paul, please donate to Baldwin.

However, in order for this to be seen as a "paul" vote rather than just an "anti-mccain" vote, we'll need some financial support.

Remember that after Paul had lost New Hampshire, and his allies were abandoning him--Baldwin was giving speeches in South Carolina and recording an endorsement (and radio ad) for Florida's primary.

Stallion
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know how to go about donating to CB? I don't see a website or anything up yet...

Shotdown1027
04-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Stallion,

As of yet, Chuck doesnt have a website--but it should be coming up in a week or so.
If you want to donate now, I suggest you write a check to the national party with a note that it is for the Presidential campaign.

Fyretrohl
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, not as actively as opposing McCain, Hillary, or Obama, but, based on his positions and beliefs, I will be opposing Chuck Baldwin very strongly. This is partially based on his response to Bob Jones III after he endorsed Mitt Romney. I refuse to elect a 'Civil Minister', as that would be against the Constitution.

Bison
04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know how to go about donating to CB? I don't see a website or anything up yet...

I'm going to work on getting a chipin box up on the forum in my sig. What we need is people with photoshop skills to create some fliers and signs so we can start getting Chucks name out there.

Video talent is needed as well.

Shotdown1027
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM
I refuse to elect a 'Civil Minister', as that would be against the Constitution.

Against the Constitution?
Article and Section please.

Clearly you don't understand the non-existance of the "Seperation of church and state"
A minister is just as able to follow the Constitution, in fact almost assuredly moreso, than a non-minister.

FreeTraveler
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I find it frightening that 3/4 of the RP supporters who answered this thread are willing to vote for a theocrat. Has anybody read "If This Goes On" by Robert Heinlein? Jerimiah Scudder is not what the country needs.

Fyretrohl
04-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Against the Constitution?
Article and Section please.

Clearly you don't understand the non-existance of the "Seperation of church and state"
A minister is just as able to follow the Constitution, in fact almost assuredly moreso, than a non-minister.

Civil Minister, as he used the term, suggests to me that he believes the POTUS should use his position to further his RELIGIOUS agenda. Especially when his argument was that Mitt Romney did not believe in 'His God' and that should disqualify him as a viable POTUS candidate. I do not support Mitt Romney, but, it is NOT because of his faith.

And, believe me, I do understand the difference between Church and State. I am a strong believer that Seperation of Church and State strictly means that there can not be a Church of the United States.

So, please be careful making assumptions in your arguments. Feel free to question me, etc, about my feelings. But, do not presume to know me. Chuck Baldwin seems to me to be as great a threat as Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee.

Shotdown1027
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Chuck Baldwin is FAR from a theocrat.

“It will not be conservatives or liberals, Republicans or Democrats, Christians or unbelievers that restore America. It will be individuals from all walks of life, all backgrounds, and all political persuasions who love liberty enough to fight to maintain it.”
-Chuck Baldwin

He later went on to tell me that he wanted to put a Muslim in his cabinet. Imad-ad-Dean Ahmad, the President of the Minaret of Freedom Institute.

Fyretrohl
04-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I have read his own words. They are the basis for my decision to stand against him. His own words scare me nearly as bad as the Presumptive Three. My support remains with Dr Paul and only Dr Paul at this point.

Bison
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Chuck Baldwin is a true Patriot. Nothing less.

Fyretrohl
04-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Chuck Baldwin is a true Patriot. Nothing less.

I do not contest this statement. Instead, it appears that he is something MORE, which has qualifications I do not want in the White House. He can return to his pulpit and continue the fight for us that way.

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 08:05 AM
We interviewed him in SC for a couple of our commercials....nice guy.

www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad/

Maybe you guys can do some baldwin ads for you tube?

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Chuck will not keep us in iraq..where do you get that from????

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 08:08 AM

That would make soooooo much sense.

The person keeping this from happening is ron himself.

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I think Baldwin and Barr are both great candidates. I'd be willing to vote for either one of them in the general election, but I'm leaning toward Barr right now just because he has more name recognition.

Actually not true.

The only name recognition he has is in his district in Georgia and since he posted.

Baldwin has a mass following from his radio, online, and southern roots that covers most of the south.

We should not get confused on the power of the south to change this entire election.

Look how huckabee did in many of those states. Now imagine combining ron's vote and huckabee's.

The same can be said of the settlers from the south that went to the northwest and all the way over to the Dakotas. Combine these votes and you have a real success chance.

Chuck has and can go talk to the churches, pastors, tv shows with massive voter outreach given his connections that are extensive.

He also has super strong surrogates like Jerome Corsi-WND, Mary Starrett-newswithaview, Roy Moore-ten commandments judge, and surely Ron Paul(it would only be appropriate for Ron to pay back all the work Chuck did fighting for him on the campaign trail)

That is a very eloquent and tough group to reject on shows like lou dobbs for instance....

Bradley in DC
05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Perot endorsed Romney, so I doubt he's on our side.

I heard, can someone verify, that Perot's previous campaign manager is running Barr's race.

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 08:20 AM
We definitely need a Chuck Baldwin Money Bomb. We also need folks willing to go to bat for him the way he went to bat for Ron Paul. Chucks message is Ron's message is our message is the freedom message. He is another warrior in this Revolution.

Lets not leave him twisting in the wind.

Bison

Go for it...make a money bomb...target http://baldwin2008.com/ for donations in 2 weeks or less they should have everything up and running.

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 08:21 AM

http://baldwin2008.com/

I am told by end of week their splash page will be up with donations and volunteer signup.

Bradley in DC
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Actually not true.

The only name recognition [Barr] has is in his district in Georgia and since he posted.

Oh you must be joking. Barr was the first Congressman to call for Clinton's impeachment and was a House manager of the impeachment proceedings against him, he's been a fixture on the political news for a dozen years and registers already in national scientific polls (4-7% of the vote, not sure how high his name ID scored) before even getting in the race. Let's face it, Barr is not camera shy. ;)

No offense to the CP or Baldwin, but at this time, they are statistically insignificant.

Bradley in DC
05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
chuck hagel

Biggest communist Republican in the Senate.

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh you must be joking. Barr was the first Congressman to call for Clinton's impeachment and was a House manager of the impeachment proceedings against him, he's been a fixture on the political news for a dozen years and registers already in national scientific polls (4-7% of the vote, not sure how high his name ID scored) before even getting in the race. Let's face it, Barr is not camera shy. ;)

No offense to the CP or Baldwin, but at this time, they are statistically insignificant.

I know you are connected to the DC groups...but outside of washington, in many regions of the country i have lived...his name was never mentioned.

This is not a joke...this is a serious issue. What are the available demographics to grab from and how long has a person been known about in large regions of the country.

Ron got a lot of support because of chuck. I cant say that in turn because of Barr.

This gives him a repeat access to regions if he were to visit them again.

At this point for both these guys they have a lot to do...wish they could for once change the wicked ways of the common coalitions and pull it together...surely that would be wise..

But until then we are going to have pockets in this country that know these guys but not the whole country.

It has taken for instance a whole year for people to know ron paul. But he was well known for years in reasonable sized circles outside of washington...but that is not enough.

Bradley in DC
05-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I know you are connected to the DC groups...but outside of washington, in many regions of the country i have lived...his name was never mentioned.

This is not a joke...this is a serious issue. What are the available demographics to grab from and how long has a person been known about in large regions of the country.

On the issue of name recognition and viability (at this point, caveat, these things can change like the wind), there is no contest. Baldwin is statistically insignificant, Barr registers. This does not prove that Barr is "better" than Baldwin, but yes, Barr is MUCH better known.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135191

http://www.pollster.com/blogs/poll_zogby_national_42528.php

(there are other examples)

And for good reason:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129606

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 10:15 AM
On the issue of name recognition and viability (at this point, caveat, these things can change like the wind), there is no contest. Baldwin is statistically insignificant, Barr registers. This does not prove that Barr is "better" than Baldwin, but yes, Barr is MUCH better known.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135191

(there are other examples)

And for good reason:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129606

Well at this point lets see what happens...its neat that the pollsters even let barr on a list. But they could easily behind the scenes mess those polls up and hurt him very badly by dropping his numbers down to 0%.

someday they need to require formal audits of all polling before publishing so at least someone can be punished for misleading and sending out false data.

As a paul person though i would say i care much more right now for the grassroots support then i do for the NWO polls shown on fox and other press.

This is something that paul, huckabee and a lot of "REAL" disenfranchized voters will easily rally against trusting.

This is where Baldwin has his strengths right now already put down.

Either way its good that we have people that want to fight, and that want to continue the message.

No matter what i think it will a very, very interesting election.

I wouldnt want to be mccain.

Bradley in DC
05-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Well at this point lets see what happens...its neat that the pollsters even let barr on a list.

I stand by my statement: AT THIS POINT, there is no contest, Barr is MUCH better known and supported than Baldwin.

Barr gets on FNC and the MSM at will:
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/media-center/

He has his own "category" on CNN
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/bob-barr/
where he used to be a contributor!

scandinaviany3
05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
ok we agree to disagree..that is fine...

But as long as we know we are both fighting for liberty i am ok with that

:D