PDA

View Full Version : 30ft Pole Guy Update! Running for Office! Can you help?

jaj1701
03-24-2008, 10:57 PM
*** I posted this here as this is where all the 30ft pole guy stuff went on and wanted the hundreds that read those threads to see this. I hope you don't mind ***

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been online more often, but I've been busy. I've decided to run for the MN House of Representatives in district 29B!

The campaign is going well so far. I've been getting the attention of party officials as well as organizations that help support viable Republican campaigns. I also was in an article in the local newspaper titled "Paul candidacy inspires local politicos".

Campaign Website http://www.johnson4mn.com
Newspaper Article http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?a=334423&z=42

You will have to forgive me for the lack of content on my website, but I just got it up a couple of days ago. But for those of you who didn't know what the 30 ft pole guy looks like, well just go to johnson4mn.com. And NO, there are no pictures of my pole! :)

The Republican endorsing convention is coming up in an estimated 3 weeks. The one concern I have is to prove my campaign is viable and make sure the Republican party doesn't feel like they need to find someone else to enter the race.

While I've gotten a great core campaign staff together as well as quite a few volunteers, what I really need is a surge of money. If I can get that and soon, I think the endorsement will be locked up.

You guys were so wonderful to me after my 30ft pole event, that I was hoping that some of you might be willing to help my campaign out.

My website is set up to take Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal.

Any help will certainly be appreciated. Again, thanks for all the laughs and props you guys gave me for my little stunt.

Oh, and if you guys wanted to arrange some type of mini-money bomb, that would be awesome! If you want, I can report the results back too to let you know how successful it was. But just a few people helping out would be great too.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.

Jason Johnson
Republican Candidate
Minnesota House of Representatives - District 29B
P.O. Box 983
Rochester, MN 55902-0983
Campaign Phone: (507) 529-1999
Campaign Email: Jason@Johnson4MN*nospam*.com

icon124
03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
ahhhhhh it's the 30 foot pole guy, man your forever in ron paul campaign history lol

amy31416
03-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Oh for god's sake, you gotta explain it to me, this is probably before I jumped aboard the ronpaulforums train.

It only reminds me of a very distant Beastie Boys concert.

Voodoo
03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Jason:

Mirrored on Freedom's Phoenix:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=031626

Conza88
03-25-2008, 04:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-jPnZhe58U
Ron Paul Supporter Has Longest Pole! FTW

OH lmfao!!!

Dude, put it in your sig, please... hahha.
God thats hilarious :D

ALl the best with the campaign!

The One
03-25-2008, 05:40 AM
You are a legend......bump.

pinkmandy
03-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Aha! The 30 ft pole guy reveals himself! Finally!!!! You are famous here. :) And 30 Foot Pole Guy should def be your campaign slogan!

micahnelson
03-25-2008, 06:38 AM
"Speak Softly and Carry a 30-foot pole"

szczebrzeszyn
03-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Oh for god's sake, you gotta explain it to me, this is probably before I jumped aboard the ronpaulforums train.

Nah, it was much later...

Jaykzo
03-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Get some more info up on your site!

Stuff about issues and policies.

And then I'll be happy to donate:D

BTW, your work will never be forgotten.

angelatc
03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
The 30 foot pole should be part of the campaign!

thechitowncubs
03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
That video still gets me every time. Good luck!

JoshLowry
03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I was able to spend a week with Jason in NH, he was a great volunteer for the Ron Paul campaign.

Glad to hear you are running!

jaj1701
03-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks everyone again. Glad to see I haven't been forgotten.

I do apologize that the issues page isn't up yet. I just got the website up and just have had the time yet to get that page completed. But it will be....soon.

For those that wanted the pole to be a part of the campaign....I did consider having a hidden page where you could see my pole in exchange for a $30 donation ($1 for each foot), but thought some people might get the wrong idea.

Here is a copy of the video of the event for those of you that have no idea what we're talking about. This is a little bit longer version then the one commonly linked......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg-x-SGMng

Remember, any donation size would be great as it also will prop up my donors #s in addition to the $$$$.

It's nice to see posts from some of you I campaigned with in New Hampshire too. It was a great week that I'll never forget.

I also wanted to say thanks to those that have already donated (today or in the past). It's really appreciated.

Thank you again!

Jason

ronpaulhawaii
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Item Amount: $20.08 USD
Purpose:Jason Johnson for House Committee
Date:Mar. 25, 2008Time:
13:44:30 PDT

That was a wild night :D

The One
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
30-foot bump

brandon
03-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Dude, you are a legend. If i am ever near your district i'll make sure to bring a Jason Johnson sign attached to a 30 foot poll.

Best of luck

heartless
03-25-2008, 05:05 PM
"Speak Softly and Carry a 30-foot pole"

I will remember this quote forever

PlzPeopleWakeUp
03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
nt

heartless
03-25-2008, 06:24 PM
bump

jlaker
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Good Luck Jason.

nc4rp
03-25-2008, 08:04 PM
30' Pole Guy > 30 Hillary supporters

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4459/30footpoleguysr6.jpg

good luck!

TruthAtLast
03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
i can't stop laughing every time I see it. hahahaha :D

I'm donating $30 just because of the balls it took to pull that off. Once you get more information up, I may donate more.

dawnbt
03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah! I love you 30 foot poll guy!! Good Luck!!

frasu
03-25-2008, 08:21 PM
BTW, your work will never be forgotten.

:)
Right on!

donated

jaj1701
03-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to say thanks again for the contributions and all the well wishes. Again, I find myself lauging a lot by some of the posts.

I think there are more people here that know me then in my own community. :) That's why I came here first to try to raise funds. I know it's going to be a bit slow going fund raising wise locally until my name starts getting out. The party and other organizations that provide campaigns assistance really need to see the ability to raise funds before they'll put their additional support behind a candidate.

While I love the popular $30 donation (ya know, a $ for each foot) or $20.08, keep in mind that even if everyone that viewed this thread even donated just $10.....you have no idea what kinda of boost that would mean!!!!! It would be like every contribution was double what it was because we'd attract early support and spending from these other organizations....some I've already meet with. It also would make much less likely the odds of the party asking someone else to run before my endorsing convention which should be coming up in the next few weeks.

My Democratic opponent already has had a 8x11 glossy flyer sent out on her behalf by the Democratic party of MN....and it's only March. Her and her Democratic buddies just passed a 6 BILLION DOLLAR transportion bill, the largest tax increase in the history of the state. This state is so over taxed and we need to get the control of the house back from the Democrats.

We are being very frugal with the money we raise. I promise that every dollar donated will be put to good use.

So if you can afford it, please consider donating. $10, $20.08, $30, $500 (the limit....sorry) .......it all is very significant and would be extremely appreciated. I hope that my victory come November will inspire other Ron Paul Republicans to run in Minnesota in 2010 and beyond.

Go to http://www.Johnson4MN.com I accept all major US credit cards and PayPal!!! :)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!

Jason Johnson

rodo1776
03-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey Jason, I am in Costa Rica. Former Minnesotan. Tried to donate but have to select a state and don't have one. Can you change the form to allow out of country donations? I'll try pay pal I guess.
I;m in one way or the other.
I don't have to wait for your website to be done. Hope you are ready for a lot of hard work and lots of door knocking.
And by the way to all of you here are the results of last election for this district in 2006:

STATE REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 29B Totals Pct Graph
Republican RICH DECKER 7662 49.59
Democratic-Farmer-Labor KIM NORTON 7761 50.23
Write-In WRITE-IN** 28 0.18

So you can see this is a winnable district and the republican only lost by 99 votes. I have no problem donating when people pick districts where a win is possible. Don't run against an incumbent who won with 75% of the vote last time. Pick a winnable district like this.
While it will be a lot of hard work you can see it can be done.

Jason are you the only candidate now for the GOP endorsement? Is this Decker guy out?

Either way nobody has the number of feet you have. good luck and I'll go back and see if i can find out where my pay pal log in is.

Good Luck.

Also as an aside. For your lawn signs you may be able to use old RP signs as at least a backing for your lawn signs. I would put the word out that you would accept any unused lawn signs as you may be able to save the cost of part of the sign.
Anybody out there can send some good used ones to Jason?

Cowlesy
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
bumping up grassroots, and bumping down the garbage in GC

nc4rp
03-26-2008, 06:08 PM
very professional website you have there - http://www.johnson4mn.com/ it looks great.

i hurt myself donating to Paul, but as soon as i get paid again im sending whatever i can $10 - $20 to try and help out a little.

we need this posted on places like DailyPaul, the Warroom, ronpaulforpresident2008.com etc ect. everyone please send this info out to help get Jason some campaign financing.

i wish you the very very best of luck, Jason.

rodo1776
03-27-2008, 09:40 AM
bump for the pole guy Jason.
Everyone please help Jason! He can win this race. The Minnesota legislature needs people like Jason and he is in a district where he can win and an endorsement as the GOP candidate is entirely possible.

rpfan2008
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
bump

rodo1776
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
bump for the 10,000 lakes state and Jason's district 29b home of the Mayo clinic.

The One
03-29-2008, 07:26 PM
bump