PDA

View Full Version : For all, A letter from an angry soldier This why we need RP!

Dave Wood
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/309485032.html

Beware, this is a really angry person pouring their heart out, it has a LOT of language in it.

This is for all of those people who dont fully support RP foreign policy.

james1906
08-19-2007, 10:49 AM
great letter.

Only Ron Paul sees the soldiers as people, not disposable tools.

noxagol
08-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow, that is great.

thomj76
08-19-2007, 11:01 AM
When you dont feel like going out and spreading the message of Liberty and Limited Government.

REMEMBER THIS LETTER!!!!

When you feel tired and dont wanna get out in the sun to sign waving or canvas.

REMEMBER THIS LETTER!!!

When you think you done enough, do more, find projects to get involved with, get active in a positive way within your country, state and county. When you feel down because our government is out of whack, get out there, get involved, get more active.

When you think you've got it tough because of whatever.

REMEMBER THIS LETTER AND ALL THOSE WHO ARE STILL IN HARM"S WAY BECAUSE CONGRESS WON'T CHECK THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH!!!

Cowlesy
08-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Ugh if this is a hoax, that's just wrong.

Dustancostine
08-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like propaganda to me.

--Dustan

Wyurm
08-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like propaganda to me.

--Dustan

How would you feel if you were a female soldier serving with your husband, and while pregnant you receive notice that your husband had died in a war that you had seen with your own eyes was a failure? Also, this was from back in april, so its not likely to be from a ron paul supporter.

quickmike
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
How would you feel if you were a female soldier serving with your husband, and while pregnant you receive notice that your husband had died in a war that you had seen with your own eyes was a failure? Also, this was from back in april, so its not likely to be from a ron paul supporter.

Hey, you piss in someones Cheerios they generally dont take it too well. It should be very clear why so many current soldiers and vets donated to Ron Paul over everyone else. Dying to keep an empire going is not what america is about, and it has nothing to do with "fighting for our freedom" Its hard to believe there is even a single person out there so stupid to even think that this mess has anything to do with protecting our freedom. I just dont get it, even from the dumbest person out there. Awesome letter!!

Dustancostine
08-19-2007, 11:38 AM

I am not saying it was pro RP propaganda, just anti-war propaganda in general.

And I'm not saying people should not be pissed about it. It just didn't sound "real" to me. That is all.

--Dustan

maggiebott
08-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Since this is the pissed off page and I have no tools to start a new thread. Please bump the calling texans for fucks sake! I've spoken with Bob Morrow and told him how inept this program is. Tried to continue my calls and now keep getting the same two people over and over again.

Is anyone else having this problem??? The guy that made the program for free should try it himself. This is going nowhere.

Dave Wood
08-19-2007, 11:52 AM
bump! What page, thought it was a sticky

angelatc
08-19-2007, 12:01 PM
This is not real. A Marine would NEVER refer to herself as a soldier. Marines proudly refer to themselves as Marines.

Somebody should be ashamed for posing as a dead Marine's pregnant wife and posing as a Marine.

ChooseLiberty
08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
While I support what's in the letter - it doesn't sound like it was written by a new mother or even a woman. Just my opinion.

If there are soldiers who want to put out letters like this they should sign their actual identity and send them to editorial pages of newspapers or other MSM.

OTOH - the neocons have been using spin and propaganda for so long, using it against them...

I am not saying it was pro RP propaganda, just anti-war propaganda in general.

And I'm not saying people should not be pissed about it. It just didn't sound "real" to me. That is all.

--Dustan

slantedview
08-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow, that's pretty strong.

"If they were really concerned about supporting the troops, they'd bring them home so their families wouldn't have to cry at a graveside and explain to their children why mommy or daddy isn't coming home."

Santana28
08-19-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah, this isn't for real. this has been going around craigslist off and on for a couple years now i think.

SwordOfShannarah
08-19-2007, 12:50 PM
This is not real. A Marine would NEVER refer to herself as a soldier. Marines proudly refer to themselves as Marines.

Somebody should be ashamed for posing as a dead Marine's pregnant wife and posing as a Marine.

That is a good point.

Well then at worst this is art. A work of fiction that captures the truth more than any news broadcast by the MSM. Real or not this is REALITY.

ShaneC
08-19-2007, 12:55 PM
If there are soldiers who want to put out letters like this they should sign their actual identity and send them to editorial pages of newspapers or other MSM.

I don't believe they're allowed to.

This specific letter has been circulating for a while though. Not sure of it's origins, but it is NOT new. :(

Bodhi
08-19-2007, 12:57 PM

I was going to say the same thing. Marines would never refer to themselves as a soldier. I really think the letter is fake.

Dave Wood
08-19-2007, 01:48 PM
The only reference to soldier is in the title and a small one in the body in which she doesnt seem to be referring to herself??

I think it wasnt written to post on craigslist and whoever posted it there posted the title an angry soldier.

It most certainly was an e-mail sent out to a large number of people at some point.

For some reason, the way the letter reads seems like a normal reaction albeit a very angry one, that a person in that position would have. I wish we could find out who the original poster was to learn the origin of the letter.

angelatc
08-19-2007, 01:52 PM
That is a good point.

Well then at worst this is art. A work of fiction that captures the truth more than any news broadcast the MSM. Real or not this is REALITY.

Fiction is not reality.

SwordOfShannarah
08-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Fiction is not reality.

Tell that to George Orwell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Kznmrc3o4

lost_in_samoa
08-19-2007, 02:47 PM

ccy
08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Since this is the pissed off page and I have no tools to start a new thread. Please bump the calling texans for fucks sake! I've spoken with Bob Morrow and told him how inept this program is. Tried to continue my calls and now keep getting the same two people over and over again.

Is anyone else having this problem??? The guy that made the program for free should try it himself. This is going nowhere.

Complaining about problems is easy. Solving them is harder:

1) Why don't you read the docs:

http://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/help/index.html

2) Specifically, about your problem, that's a result of user error:

http://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/help/howto.html#callingDial

... a problem that I've messaged about over, and over, and over...

3) You can call me for help as well, my number is plastered all over the 'net. 512.448.7898

4) Since you're in contact with Bob Morrow, he can peel off some numbers in Texas for you to call. This might be a good idea since you and the software don't seem to get along, eh?

Chuck Young
Not Anonymous, in Austin TX

American
08-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I dont get it, why are you critiquing this letter? Nothing can be proved, and you dont know anything about the letter or where it came from.,

Its from the Bay Area so you can bet its directed to a Democratic audience, has nothing to do with RP. But a few months later from writing this truth be told the Democrats have already said it will take years to leave Iraq.

The way it makes it to the "Best of craigslist" is by the readers nominating it to the best of, so this was supported by the readers...its in the top right of every article/post on CL.

Post a link to this article would surely peek some interest as to the content not the writer, and if its real..... what kind of bullshit is this, everything is a fawking conspiracy?.

You can prove this one way or the other. Some will read that and say its real other will look at it and say its BS. Regardless if its real or not.

most people dont believe whats in the military commissions act, and thats published on a Govt website....ffs

I'm going to repost it, just as it is there will always be people that doubt everything regardless.