PDA

View Full Version : Delegates must VOID McCain's wins...

kirkblitz
03-24-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=48815&sectionid=3510203

Republican presumptive nominee John McCain has ignored official campaign expenditure limits and has overspent millions in the primary.

According to spending reports filed last week by McCain's campaign, the Arizona senator has broken the limits set by the presidential public financing system.

Candidates such as McCain, who have committed to public financing, are only allowed to spend up to $54 million on the primary. McCain, however, spent $58.4 million.

This is while lawyers of the 71-year-old senator contend that the spending cap does not apply in the current situation.

They allege since the Republican hopeful announced after February 6's Super Tuesday victories that he would withdraw from the matching-funds program he had entered last year, the spending cap does not apply to him.

"The FEC regulations specifically state that candidates who do not receive public funding payments from the US Treasury are exempt from the primary spending ceiling," expounded one of his senior campaign officials.

Chairman of the commission David Mason, however, warned McCain last month that his withdrawal request had not yet been granted.

Now there should be no way in hell this scum bag isnt thrown in jail for beaking his own laws! He fought so hard to get them in at least he should follow them. NOt only did he use this thing for collateral for a loan but he also used it to lie to get on ballots!

kimo
03-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I might so stupid, but sometimes do really helps to read also "other" sources.
..sorry, mate, my guess would be that almighty Mc Cain has "answers" for that too..

JosephTheLibertarian
03-24-2008, 02:05 PM
What's the penalty anyway?

FrankRep
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM

It would be completely classic if he was eliminated from the race.

angelatc
03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
This is just McCain being McCain. He's going to do whatever the hell he wants to do, leaving a path of destruction behind him for others to figure out and defend.

There won't be any consequences for this. There should be, but there won't be.

Banana
03-24-2008, 02:16 PM
If we can verify this straight from the horse's mouth, then great!! We've got him where we want him.

Someone know how to get those numbers from FEC? Their website aren't exactly easy to use.

dsentell
03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
angelatc is right.

McCain and those like him, make the laws for everyone else to follow, then they proceed to ignore the laws and do whatever they want.

I agree that there will be no consequences. I also believe that you will never hear of this on the Old Media . . . . . . .

kirkblitz
03-24-2008, 03:10 PM
for those wanting another sources

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/03/24/mccain_breaks_spending_limits/
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/8BD23A5B4B1173608625741600126A78?OpenDocument
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080323/BREAKING01/80323015

LEK
03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
DailyPaul post:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/43875

Aratus
03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
mccain has his work cut out for him...
he's vulnerable. the delegate queston!
he will have to compromise at the convention!

Aratus
03-24-2008, 04:38 PM
DailyPaul post:

really carefully READ this! have few doubts!
cut him no slack. accept no neo-con excuses!

jake
03-24-2008, 04:39 PM
explore every avenue..

libertythor
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Countdown to first troll reply: 10, 9, 8 ......

Ignore the trolls. Remember that political parties are private organizations. Yes there are primaries conducted, but party rules place the end results with the state conventions. This can be done.

nbhadja
03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
bump

You people can not wait for the FEC to rule on this.

The delegates in these states need to file the motion at their conventions for Mccain to be revoked of all his delegates in those states for failure to comply with election ballot state law requirements.

Find out if your state allowed Mccain to be on the ballot without obtaining petition signtures.

Dr. Steve Parent

Get the word out!

nbhadja
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
bump

nbhadja
03-24-2008, 04:59 PM
bump .

Banana
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Just to be sure-

Any delegates, in any state, should try to pass a resolution expressing no confidence in McCain because of his FEC violations and strongly urging that GOP unbind the delegates to reconsider whether we want to have McCain lead us.

The more states that adopt the resolution, the better our chances are.

nbhadja
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
bump

MoRepub
03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Anyone know of a way to find out in which states McCain didn't get on the ballot with the required number of signatures (ie, resorted to the public financing to accomplish this)?

Thanks!

Banana
03-24-2008, 05:33 PM
MoRepub, the dailypaul linked few posts above mentions few states (not sure if this is exhaustive).

But even if you weren't in those states, it's still good idea to push a no-confidence resolution at your convention; the more resolutions that get adopted in different various states will improve our chances and make people think twice before giving McCain the nomination.

Feelgood
03-24-2008, 05:48 PM

5 years in prison, if convicted.

Feelgood
03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
DailyPaul post:

We need to make this viral. I sent the link to Drudge, not that he will do anything with it of course. We need to get it out, somehow.

Friday make sure everyone slams Rush's show, for open line Friday, and help get this out. :)

FSP-Rebel
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
This is just McCain being McCain. He's going to do whatever the hell he wants to do, leaving a path of destruction behind him for others to figure out and defend.

There won't be any consequences for this. There should be, but there won't be.
Yeah, and this is a nice indicator of what kind of prez he'll be.

AJ Antimony
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah the media might not report it, but we can... at the conventions. Bring lots of evidence and make it big and easy to read, cite as much information as you can, and people may vote against McCain. I mean if someone stands up for 5-15 minutes doing nothing but explaining how McCain broke the law, they won't be able to debate it and thus will vote in our favor.

kigol
03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
ugh

wgadget
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
You MIGHT find it here...

http://www.ballot-access.org/

wgadget
03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah the media might not report it, but we can... at the conventions. Bring lots of evidence and make it big and easy to read, cite as much information as you can, and people may vote against McCain. I mean if someone stands up for 5-15 minutes doing nothing but explaining how McCain broke the law, they won't be able to debate it and thus will vote in our favor.

Yep, great idea. Especially if you can repeat "McCain-Feingold" a few hundred times. That will even get the best of the diehard establishment going...

satchelmcqueen
03-24-2008, 08:42 PM
This just shows how much of a liar McCain is. He not only breaks his own laws, but also now sings in a laughable manner a song about bombing Iran! Whether he means it or not, how is this kind of thing EVER going to bring peace to this war? We need to be friends, not a mocking dictatorship. This just proves once again that Ron Paul has everything right in leading all of us into a more peaceful and friendly world. We could once again support ourselves in our own lives and in the world view as a friend rather than an enemy.

scandinaviany3
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM
We need to make this viral. I sent the link to Drudge, not that he will do anything with it of course. We need to get it out, somehow.

Friday make sure everyone slams Rush's show, for open line Friday, and help get this out. :)

Probably best it sounds like to just file in DC fed courts since they handle the appeals from FEC, and with it not able to convene they would obviously have to handle these matters.

Banana
03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
If you are correct about DC appeals, that is very well an option we should pursue.

Even so, it doesn't hurt to put forth resolutions expressing no confidence in McCain's unethical dealings, IMO.

TER
03-24-2008, 09:01 PM
bump

Aratus
03-25-2008, 07:34 AM
does this esoteric lack of crossed "T"s and dotted "I"s in terms of his OWN bill,
namely mccain-feingold, translate into him having perhaps 700 to 900 delegates
that are technically his on the first ballot? i think Ron Paul is a genius for sensing
this in the political breeze. is the St.Paul convention a parallelism to either 1976
or 1964? why are there naysayers doubting the current campaign strategy???

armstrong
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
if this is true that mcncheece if he bails out of the matching funds he will loose delegates in many states or if he stays with matching funds he will be broke ------this is huge----news this needs to be front page and we need to inforce it by makeing it public

Aratus
03-25-2008, 10:47 AM
like he's darned if he DOES and DARNed if he don't?

Join The Paul Side
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
angelatc is right.

McCain and those like him, make the laws for everyone else to follow, then they proceed to ignore the laws and do whatever they want.

I agree that there will be no consequences. I also believe that you will never hear of this on the Old Media . . . . . . .

Why the defeatist attitude? If McCain doesn't get charged it's because people let him get away with it. Complain! I intend to. :rolleyes:

Andrew76
03-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes, we must all make a huge stink over this. Otherwise, no one will hold him accountable. McCain is a snake. Any thoughts on where we should focus our efforts to expose this to everyone?

Banana
03-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Three ways:

1) Press releases.
2) Resolution of No Confidence at your conventions.
3) Letters to FEC and start the appeal where you can. (Someone said DC court was the one to go to for appeals on FEC ruling... since FEC has no quorum, it may be logical to file suit, but I'd do homework to make sure if this is open to us)

Andrew76
03-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, apart from the campaign doing a press release, or people filing a complaint with the FEC... is it worth our time to send emails regarding this to major news networks, or a complete waste? Would Downsize D.C. be helpful? Just a few thoughts...

wgadget
03-25-2008, 12:26 PM
One thing we could do as delegates is make sure we submit resolutions regarding this issue at every state and congressional convention.

We could write the resolution and make it viral. Our congressional conventions are next month and the state is in May.

There are probably a lot of party regulars who might be willing to go along with such resolutions, given their inborn hatred of McCain.

Banana
03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
The most important thing for the resolution is that it should be very specific and concise.

Say you have no confidence in McCain's ethic because

1) he received a letter from FEC stating he couldn't withdraw without permission
2) he failed to obey the FEC terms by breaking the spending cap.

Something like that. I wouldn't get too involved into minor details; the simpler it is, the better chance this will get passed and pushed to next level.

Banana
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
w00t! The PCC releases a press release! (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/275/missouri-gop-playing-machine-politics-with-ron-paul-delegates/)

Missouri GOP Playing Machine Politics with Ron Paul Delegates

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 25, 2008

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – The Ron Paul campaign has been receiving reports that Missouri GOP rules have been violated in the set-up and execution of several county Republican caucuses. Ron Paul supporters in Missouri have been attending their county caucuses and electing Ron Paul delegates to be seated at the Missouri Republican State Convention. However, there are concerns that many Ron Paul delegates to the Missouri Republican State Convention were disenfranchised and not properly seated.

On Thursday, March 20, campaign field director Debbie Hopper visited the Missouri state GOP headquarters to request a copy of the records needed to obtain the information to file challenges. She was told in front of witnesses that she could not view the report. To obtain the needed information, Ms. Hopper then used the contact information of county chairs listed on the state GOP website. On Saturday, March 22, the webpage containing their contact information had been removed.

The Paul campaign believes that a handful of GOP officials are playing machine politics and breaking their own rules to disenfranchise Paul supporters.

“The Republican party is in trouble and needs more participants in 2008, not less,” said campaign manager Lew Moore. “It makes no sense for Missouri party leaders to exclude and marginalize the new activists they badly need to work at every level this fall.”

Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul’s supporters have been highly successful in several Missouri counties. In St. Charles County (suburb of St. Louis), Paul supporters filled 241 of the 274 country Republican delegate slots. In Jackson County (Kansas City), Paul supporters filled 162 of 187 delegate slots. And in Greene County (Springfield), Paul supporters filled 72 of 112 delegate slots.

I quite like the title- shows they're now playing hardball. I just wish they had quoted that newspaper where Jon Bennett went on the record saying that many of RP delegates are actually democrats or independents as a evidence of ummm... bias?

It looks like Debbie did great job- having witnesses and doing everything to make sure they are caught with their hands in the honey jars.

alaric
03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
MoRepub, the dailypaul linked few posts above mentions few states (not sure if this is exhaustive).

But even if you weren't in those states, it's still good idea to push a no-confidence resolution at your convention; the more resolutions that get adopted in different various states will improve our chances and make people think twice before giving McCain the nomination.

I think the issue of votefraud should be persued for nullification of these fake primary 'results' NH and Texas stick out most obvious.

Banana
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I think the issue of votefraud should be persued for nullification of these fake primary 'results' NH and Texas stick out most obvious.

Well, knock yourself out. Nothing of those are mutually exclusive, and we would be wise to hedge our bets by pursuing all available avenues.

armstrong
03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree-----this spending cap Mcncheece agreed too is important for as I understand it he did not have to get the required signitures in some states so he loses many delegates