PDA

View Full Version : The difference in be a national cmapaign vs. a one-state campaign

Badger Paul
08-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Ron Paul has a national camapaign. He national camapaign because he has supporters all over the country and we saw yesterday why this gives us an advantage over our rivals. Paul supporters can mobilize in states all over the country like Alabama, Illinois and New Hampshire and vote for RP in local straw polls. Neither Tancredo nor Brownback nor Huckabee can say this. The aforementioned put all their eggs in the Iowa basket and they did better than RP in the Hawkeye State. But that leaves them with nothing to compete in New Hampshire and South Carolina which are just as important. It will also be important on Super Tuesday as well. This is our strength and we have to maximize on it.

noxagol
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I agree. That is Ron Paul's ONLY advantage over everyone else, the grassroots, US. And it is a significant advantage to be sure. And we must capitalize on it as much as possible.

jj111
08-19-2007, 10:17 AM
The grassroots support is a CRUCIAL portion of the campaign, but the campaign has three major legs.

Ron Paul has three advantages:
1. The grassroots support
2. The man and his record and skills
3. The message

The biggest disadvantages are:
1. Opposition by big-money special interests
2. Opposition by the media
3. Ron Paul did not bring to the campaign multi-millions of his own dollars

noxagol
08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
The grassroots support is a CRUCIAL portion of the campaign, but the campaign has three major legs.

Ron Paul has three advantages:
1. The grassroots support
2. The man and his record and skills
3. The message

The biggest disadvantages are:
1. Opposition by big-money special interests
2. Opposition by the media
3. Ron Paul did not bring to the campaign multi-millions of his own dollars

I don't think he HAS multi-millions of his own dollars, though I could easily be wrong. He just doesn't seem like a guy with a lot of money, comparatively that is.

But that sums it up pretty good. We need more organization and more hard hitting public outings that cut through the media blockade. Local media is much more attentive and easier to get attention of than national media.

Wyurm
08-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Ron Paul has a national camapaign. He national camapaign because he has supporters all over the country and we saw yesterday why this gives us an advantage over our rivals. Paul supporters can mobilize in states all over the country like Alabama, Illinois and New Hampshire and vote for RP in local straw polls. Neither Tancredo nor Brownback nor Huckabee can say this. The aforementioned put all their eggs in the Iowa basket and they did better than RP in the Hawkeye State. But that leaves them with nothing to compete in New Hampshire and South Carolina which are just as important. It will also be important on Super Tuesday as well. This is our strength and we have to maximize on it.

Hes also got longstanding networks. Groups of people that have befriended him long before the presidential race. He has the republican liberty caucus, as well as several other large networks. This forum is huge and powerful. The meetups are huge and powerful. It doesnt end there though, it seems like I'm finding new pockets of support with people that are not meetup members almost everyday. Its part of why when someone posts a negative Ron Paul article, it gets swarmed. Its not 2,000 people, and its not 30,000 people, its more like hundreds of thousands of people all participating at varying levels. I would be willing to bet that we could all stop our internet activism on this forum today and you wouldnt notice a drop at all in the amount of online support.

Why does this matter? simple, people mean votes. We still don't have enough name recognition, but its getting better. We can win this!!!