PDA

View Full Version : Pics from our "End the Inflation Tax!" sign wave

Misesian
03-24-2008, 11:45 AM
The first sign wave of the END THE INFLATION TAX campaign was a success! It's been a while since we've been out there (FL primary was on Jan. 29th) so it almost felt like starting from scratch again, though sign waving for freedom is pretty much just like riding a bike! :)

We had 9 people total show up and we were out there in the busiest possible intersection you could be at in Brevard on a saturday late morning/early afternoon. From the sample pics below we had two different kinds of signs with different messages, but both with the www.HonestMoney.org URL on them.

We were pleasantly surprised by the number of honks that we received while out there. There were a LOT of them! There were a lot of confused looks too, which is also good since they are curious about "What the heck does Restore Honest Money and Inflation Tax mean?!" and will visit HonestMoney.org. I thought one guy gave us a thumbs down but he was actually yelling at a couple of our sign wavers "Down with Taxes!". So that coining of the term inflation tax by Dr. Paul was brilliant. Unfortunately the one thing he didn't do too well was explain how to solve the problem though Downsize DC did an excellent job with this on their website. This was the goal which is to drive people over the HonestMoney.org website so they can briefly read about the problem, and than the simple solution. In addition, they can sign the petition on that website which will also send a message to their representative about Ron Paul's two legal tender bills.

In addition to trying to take back our GOP and elect Ron Paul Republicans into all offices, this is just another part of continuing this r3VOLution with our meetup group and hopefully this might inspire some others to have a similar sign wave. This is what sign waves were really good for. We plan on having one lone Ron Paul sign somewhere in the background at each of these issue based waves too.

The only thing we didn't have, and really could've used, were some handouts on this issue. I haven't been able to find anything, so if somebody could whip up some flyer on this issue (who made those common sense flyers?) that would be great! We also plan on "Painting the Town GOLD" on this issue as well to supplement these sign waves.

Some pics:

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/7/d/9/event_3570681.jpeg

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/7/e/0/event_3570688.jpeg

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/8/3/3/event_3570771.jpeg

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/7/e/2/event_3570690.jpeg

hopeforamerica
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Very nice!

ronpaulhawaii
03-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Very nice!

I agree :D

I really like this whole approach, and hope we can get some movement forward on this "3rd phase" handout front.

Good job FL!!!

m - former denizen of "The Micco Swamps";)

Misesian
03-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Wow you used to live in Micco?! Very southern most part of our county. Small world.

We'll be doing another one of these sign waves this thursday during rush hour from 4:30 - 6:30pm.

ronpaulhawaii
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow you used to live in Micco?! Very southern most part of our county. Small world.

We'll be doing another one of these sign waves this thursday during rush hour from 4:30 - 6:30pm.

Micco... shrimpin in the Sabastian Inlet and clamming on the ICW... gators gettin kil't sneakin up on keg parties and dogs that spend all night treein' 'coons... Waterskiing on a swampy river...

I was 17-18, hitchin' around, landed for a spell on a backwater with the [Garso?] clan. Had a blast, good people... Ahh... Gator and Heart of Palm (tree) Stew...

...good memories of your neck of the woods.

Oddly enough, Micco is a place where I also "died" :eek: ; was hitchin to work one AM and ended up in a bad accident, they say I went "away" three times, (though I only recall one;)). Exploded spleen...

But thats another story...

Have fun at your next wave and

Keep Up the Good Work!!!

:)

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Cool!

Misesian
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
bump!

Matthew P.
03-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I like it - we should do this across the nation . . . ;)

Kludge
03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Good taste in signs and shirts ;)