PDA

View Full Version : Third Continental Congress, not PAC

Rhys
03-24-2008, 10:51 AM
PAC is inside the system. If it ever comes to it, a Third Continental Congress (maybe 4th? anyway) would be outside the realm of the current laws, and would have to reinstate the original constitution. We wouldn't have to create a PAC or anything because we would stop recognizing the American law.

right?

Stallion
03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Didn't someone already establish a Third Continental Congress group? I swear I've been to the website before...It's an intriguing idea to say the least.

Shink
03-24-2008, 01:21 PM
It would be amazing to reform the Constitution to the point of CEMENTING the idea that individuals are sovereign and that government must be as small as possible to preserve liberty. I'm sure there would be a majority of uber Federalists present at such an occasion, however.

Rhys
03-24-2008, 01:54 PM
It would be amazing to reform the Constitution to the point of CEMENTING the idea that individuals are sovereign and that government must be as small as possible to preserve liberty. I'm sure there would be a majority of uber Federalists present at such an occasion, however.

good point. If we cast aside the shackles that bond us, the constitution can be fixed too. Unless the premise of the endeavour is under the authority of the constitution.

geodan
12-28-2008, 10:14 AM
If you fire the crew that's working on your house, it's still your house.

The property owners (you and I), independently doing business as fifty sovereign states (Florida, Georgia, etc.), all being members of the same association (United States of America) are under a common service contract (U.S. Constitution) with this incompetent contractor (central government) and all its subcontractors (appointees and agencies).

There are various remedial options available to the association. The remedy most apt to satisfy property owners, given the enormity of the problem(s), would be for them to immediately fire the contractor and all its subs, sort out the mess, repair the damage, and hire a replacement service contractor, the difference this time being that property owners would begin providing significant oversight for their own protection. Meanwhile, the association would take whatever legal action against the incompetent contractor that the law provides.

I believe the association members would go along with such a plan. However, if the association administrators (delegates from the states in Congress assembled) are under-motivated, and refuse to take appropriate remedial action, perhaps with an attempt to rewrite terms of the contract so as to placate the incompetent contractor, then we can expect to see disgruntled association members and property owners take immediate counter action under terms of the old contract.

These are all my imaginings, and are not necessarily grounded in fact. However, that can easily be remedied as new facts are learned, absorbed and accommodated. What are your alternate scenarios FOR taking action?