PDA

View Full Version : Real ID Act: The Fuse?

toadman
03-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Mandated May10, 2008. Nightmare (http://www.realnightmare.org/).

Sometimes RP needs to play to the masses not necessarily informed on domestic security policy. Do you think States abstaining from the Act and citizens thereof find out they will be unable to fly, open bank accounts, drive outside their state or step into a courthouse or Social Security Admin gov't building and may react to The Truth that slammed them in the face? As outlined in his book, it eerily mirrors the 2nd Amendment as a regulatory sacrifice for safety.

I see no better opportunity to step back into the spotlight for Ron than now. To be the champion of freedom and States Rights. This is a blatant violation of those rights and needs to be shouted from the rooftops! Explain to the populace in easy terms what they will and will not be able to do under the Real ID mandate. Like the moving target of TSA regulations, this is going to hit people hard if they don't have a passport or agree to states strongarmed by HS to provide drivers licensing info to create the card. They havent decided if it's going to be magnetic card or RFID yet. No implant as it's too apocalyptic at this time.

What do you guys/girls think? I'd be pissed off to no end!

coastie
03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
There is no spotlight, the MSM/Establishment has turned it off.

As much as I'd like to believe this isn't so, I'm afraid there will be no sudden mass "understanding" or light switches flipped. RealID is nothing to them, and even when homes start being searched, the TV will spin it and tell them their neighbors are terrorists, and instead of being shocked, it will become more like a cool story to tell for them "oh yeah, well I had terrists living right next door to me!"

The sheep are way more intersted in how Britney is doing or who will be the next American Idol, and the majority are too far gone from the kool aid the TV spews forth.

Sorry if none of this makes sense, I'm extremely tired right now.:o

toadman
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM
You make perfect sense, coastie. So how do we communicate to the masses that it's a really really bad idea? Advertise on Opah or Lost? So we're screwed. There's got to be a way to get voter attention, especially the 54% voting women to understand how they will be "inconvenienced" and unable to air travel or step into divorce courts to shake-down the ex. :D

thuja
03-23-2008, 08:47 PM
send out mailers. i got a mailer about the NAU from the conservative caucus.

thuja
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
and remind people that their medical and FINANCIAL records might just be put into these.

Sandra
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
We communicate to the masses via spoken word. After Chertoff spouted off about compliance with the Real ID, my husbands workplace has been abuzz with what they got off the internet. I think when it converted from a nebulous notion heard on the news to a personal violation, it will be the tipping point.

Chertoff wants to deny Americans the right to buy or sell without this documentation, my my, how will evangelicals receive that?

Peace&Freedom
03-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmmmm, since the public is SO distracted by the Paris Hilton and Britney Spears stories, is it possible to persuade one of these contoversy-craving stars to cause a scene by defying the Real ID? "Britney refuses to use approved ID at airport, calls herself a terrorist." Or, "Paris can't get checked into a Hilton--spurns ID." Let other celebrities follow suit, creating a snowball effect. Promising?

Working Poor
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Clint Eastwood is the man to bring awareness I think.

toadman
03-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I think when it converted from a nebulous notion heard on the news to a personal violation, it will be the tipping point. And how this really needs to be hammered home, lest the sheeple roll over May 10. Like the 2nd Amendment who has been more empowered or freedoms encroached by the legislation, extreme Islamists or Mom and Pop six-pack?

Such an opportunity should not be passed up by the Revolution or Ron imho.
Appealing to the lowest common denominator, if the populace en largess feeds on drama I see no better media vehicle to confront it at this time to promote RP who vehementely refused to sign the Real ID Act. "Show me ze papers and swipe here..."

It needs to be stopped now. When the camel's head enters the tent the body will follow.

coastie
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
And how this really needs to be hammered home, lest the sheeple roll over May 10. Like the 2nd Amendment who has been more empowered or freedoms encroached by the legislation, extreme Islamists or Mom and Pop six-pack?

Such an opportunity should not be passed up by the Revolution or Ron imho.
Appealing to the lowest common denominator, if the populace en largess feeds on drama I see no better media vehicle to confront it at this time to promote RP who vehementely refused to sign the Real ID Act. "Show me ze papers and swipe here..."

I try all the time to spread the word - it's just that (for the most part), it's fallen on deaf ears.

The sheeple WILL roll over on May 10th, you can quote me on that. I think the real tipping point will be the absolute beauracratic nightmare this is going to be when it does go into effect...I was reading somewhere the other night of how they're( Homeland Security) not even remotely ready for this come May...

The sheeple will notice the abrubt change of CONVIENIENCE for them when this goes into effect long before the intrusion of personal liberties. Waiting for hours in line at the DMV while they "authenticate" immigrants from countries who may not even have birth certificates, etc...... And that is something the sheep will not tolerate.:cool:

I think that's the opportunity to chime in with all the reasons this is a bad idea, because it will:

a: add fuel to the fire, and

b: we'll actually have their attention.

abruzz0
03-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Clint Eastwood is the man to bring awareness I think.

He'll come back from retirement and be the main star in "A Fistfull of Ameros."

rmholla
03-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Maybe we should just start going door to door asking people VERY personal questions and then tell them we need a DNA sample. When they refuse, ask them if they plan to give it to the government because they will be asking for it soon.

(Though I think the government will probably just start collecting DNA from babies when they are born, as some sort of "insurance" process.)

It is absolutely amazing how many citizens don't see the problems with Real ID or the ones who think it is a good idea. sheesh.

-